1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We must SWEEP the Ravens this year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    to win the AFCN

They are clearly the cream of the crop, and sit at 6-2. If we win tonight vs the Bears we'll be 5-3, just one game back. I don't anticipate the Ravens dropping any bunny games so to win the AFCN I think we will have to go 2-0 vs the Ravens this year. It will be tough, but doable.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think it's gonna happen. I'd say 1-1 vs. Ravens at best. It's gonna be difficult to beat them in Baltimore.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'll say it here and hope to be proven wrong, we ain't beating them in Raven land.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If Steelers and Ravens split…

Both lost to Cincy and Raiders.

Only need Ravens to lose to GB and all will be equal.

So, to win the Division, Steelers must match the Ravens wee for week in wins.

A running game and great defense has been the recipe for many teams’ success in years past. If both units continue to improve, they could peak at the right time.

5. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    Also, inb4 Glemm calls me a Ravens fan for the 9000th time...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Don't feel bad. Several regulars here were convinced I was a Patriots fan. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Wtf is a bunny game lol

B8DB1132-136A-479A-984C-EAAD6ABE3067.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ravens Defense isn’t that great like it used to be.
    Should split with them.

Hope for crappy field conditions to slow Lamar.

9. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    They still have a top 3 run game, even fielding washed up Leveon Bell and Freeman. And Lamar is always a big play threat due to his running ability.

10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think the AFC is full of a bunch of average teams. No one is really standing out.

Ravens should of lost to Lions, should of lost to Colts, should of lost to Vikings yesterday.

Someday if you tie the Ravens late, go for 2, Justin Tucker is that big a deal to contend with. Just go for 2, win or lose it right there....
    Don't wait for the final drive or OT, he's a legit that Big of a Weapon for the Ravens.

But, they don't they lose the ones they should and are good in close games.

But Bengals smacked them hard, then Bengals got smacked by Browns, the Browns we beat, and then we lost to Bengals.

Lot of parity in the AFC right now.

I don't know if we can beat the Ravens twice, but I think we can split them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Reminds me of this insane Korean show I watched on Netflix, The Squid Game. Turns out it was kind of interesting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    Tucker is such a weapon. Basically if the Ravens get the ball last in a tied or OT game they only need to gain 25-30 yards before they are in Tucker's FG range. That's like 2 good Jackson scrambles.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  13. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    It was a little tough yesterday for Vikings to go for 2, there was still a minute left with Baltimore having 2 Timeouts, so playing for OT was right move.
    They just didn't make them pay in OT for Jackson throwing that INT in OT.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I agree I think the way the Ravens have come back and won these games you have to start being more aggressive when you play them. The Vikings yesterday and the Colts a few weeks ago on the Monday night game where the Colts blew the 22-3 lead were way too conservative with them. You need to take chances when playing the Ravens because Harbaugh does a lot with Lamar going for it a ton on 4th down and shorts and just a lot of other scenarios where they take chances and play aggressive and play to win. If Tomlin plays this years version of the Ravens conservative and plays not to lose and punts a lot on 4th and short situations that’s exactly what will happen you will most likely lose.

As for the game with the Vikings yesterday you just knew the entire 2nd half even when they were up by 14 points that the Vikings weren’t gonna be able to slam the door and win that game. It was incredibly frustrating to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe Boz is as big of a weapon

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i just wish the nfl would quit handing games to the ravens like they do and quit letting our players get knocked out without even a call or fine. that's 3 games that the nfl has given to the ravens. we very easily could have been leading the division right now. it's the afc north it will always come down to 1 game. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    Boz is a very good kicker, but Justin Tucker is literally the best kicker of all time, already. He's the most accurate NFL kicker ever, and he has a range that's 10-15 yards longer than Boz.

Boz is very reliable but his range really ends at 50. Tucker has hit from 65.

18. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I love the Boz man. But, I have never seen a kicker as good as Justin Tucker in my 36 years of life.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Benny loves him some Ravens

I doubt we sweep them with our offense but that Ravens D is Swiss. They won’t be going anywhere come playoff time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    Sig bet? I bet the Ravens make the playoffs this year. If they don't make the playoffs you win the bet.

21. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I didn’t say they wouldn’t make the playoffs. I said they won’t do anything in them because their defense blows. Sorry to disappoint you Benny

• Like Like x 1
  22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I was called a flat earther because I didn't agree with the Ingram trade. Beat that!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    Ok, then the bet will be the Ravens make the playoffs and win at least 1 playoff game. Bet?

24. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I’ll bet that yes

• Like Like x 1
  25. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    Ok, so here are the terms:

If the Ravens win at least one playoff game for the 2021-2022 season - I win and you put a sig up of my choosing for a period of 1 year from the date the bet ends.

If the Ravens fail to win at least one playoff for the 2021-2022 season - you win and can select a sig I will wear for 1 year.

If somehow the season is suspended before the playoffs can start the bet is a push.

Agree?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1