1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So which bunny game will Tomlin lose and choke away season now? Bears or Lions

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    So we are in the dreaded position of playing a couple of scrub teams that could make or break the season. Question is which game will we choke away the season too? we will be outcoached and not be ready. Waiting for answer.

2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :shrug: How about none

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    We lost to the redskins and a Burrowless Bengals team last year. Every year Tomlin sucks against rotten teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    The 5-11 Bears pulled off an embarrassing upset in 2017. We were super bowl favorites I believe so it was especially bad. Same year we were 1 and done to the jags in a shootout .

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see us lose one of these games. Bears have a running game and an interesting QB . Tomlin has historically struggled against QB’s like Fields . Probably a good bet to make .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    He prolly tells the team to lay an egg once or twice each season, intentionally trying to make them play bad. I wouldn’t doubt he told Jesse James to let go of the ball as he stretched over the goal line.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The Bears game worries me. Fields is starting to play better. The Bears defense is still pretty good. The Steelers should win but I can see that game being another nail-biter.

The Lions are awful. This is the game the Steelers could take lightly. I would like to think that will not happen. But we have all seen that movie before.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    In the words of the immortal Heinz Mustard....:facepalm:. Sounding like the same broken record we kept hearing 11 weeks in a row last year. Let the season:herewego!: play on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Steelers haven't beaten the Bears under Tomlin, those Bears teams were 7-9, 8-8, and 5-11. Last win was the Bettis/Urlacher game in 2005.

This would be a devastating loss if they can't find a way to beat a team with a rookie QB and struggling D at home on MNF.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think they win these next two, I thought the Lions might give us a game but after yesterday, Steelers should handle business.

It’s after these next two games where I think the atmosphere around her is going to be very different, say in about 4 games, this place is going to be fun!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Im sure we will win both games by executing some excellent fake chip shot fg’s . They will never see it coming.

11. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There are no easy wins in the NFL. Not sure why people continue to believe this.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yep - we are all set up now for the Classic Annual Tomlin Turd.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    people believe it b/c he is one of the worst at doing it.

It's not about easy this or that - it is about beating teams that you should bury. MT keeps them all alive all of the time......

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    The 0-8 Lions beg to differ.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What the **** is a bunny game

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Respectfully disagree here.

The Bengals thought this when they played the Jets. Jets stated otherwise. To say that was the biggest upset of the year thus far is an understatement.

I agree with @BURGH43STEL 100%. There is no such easy aspect as an "easy win"; only by some of us fans. People need to remember that the NFL's structure ever since the 70s Steelers have been designed, on purpose, to see to it that dynasties like the aforementioned Steelers, 80s 49ers and 90s Cowboys are never repeated ever again... except it was repeated albeit with differing circumstances. Regardless, parity is a major component of the NFL nowadays; any given Sunday being the highlight of this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    pretty sure it something to do with bangin.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Well, it’s a good bet that one or both of the next two games will be unnecessarily close. I get that any given Sunday, yada yada… however hapless teams have a way of keeping it close against Tomlin coached teams.

The Lions should’ve beaten the Ravens except Tucker is a kicking god. So I know it’s possible even against a well coached team. But I fully expect vanilla game plans and two hard fought one score games the next two weeks.

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Something Glenn and I can agree on. Googling it I found a movie about a prostitute.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    They have three one-score losses, and it took the Rams until late to put them away. They are coming off of a bye while the Steelers will be coming off of a Monday Nighter and likely their 4th straight win.

That has all the earmarks of a nail-biter, if not an outright loss.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Some people jumped the gun when the Steelers lost to the Raiders and Bengals, who weren't so good last year (8-8, 4-11-1).
    Turns out they are decent this year, maybe even good.

(Kind of like in 2019, when some fans said the Steelers were the worst for losing to SF, who were 4-12 the previous year.
    Those complainers got quieter after SF went 13-3 that season and won the NFC.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    interesting way to rationalize a choke job. Lol.

24. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Looking ahead to the Detroit game is exactly what will cause them to lose the Bears game. Talk of it should be outlawed by the mods until after next Monday evening.

25. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I'll play the same in the game whether or not we talk about the Lions.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2