1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben 2022

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 1, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If Ben continues to play the way he has over the last few weeks and maybe even improves who thinks the Steelers will bring him back next year?

I'm not asking if you personally think they should or shouldn't. Asking what you think the Steelers will do.

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Unless Ben completely falls apart before the end of the season, I fully believe he will come back next season.

Ben is still going to want to play. I dont think the Steelers are ready to move on from Ben yet either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t think so. Think they almost moved on this past season judging by how long it took to get a deal done.

If Colbert is back, I say no chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think there's a realistic chance they bring him back. There's some serious blind loyalty to Ben within the organization.

I hope I'm wrong though. Our offence is so limited with him. There so much he can't do and won't do

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. NewMexicoLobo

NewMexicoLobo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2021
    Let's get one thing straight. There is NOTHING he won't do.

He is ALL about his team.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  6. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I voted no and I absolutely love the guy.

Given what the team needs are going to be, the current draft capital, and weapons in place think they either give Mason a legitimate shot or sign one in FA.

A forced retirement ala Troy could happen.

7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    well, he is ALL about playing and trying the best that he can (which is not that good, right now.) IF Rooney and Tombert are DUMB enough to keep feeding him $$, then YES, he will be back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He’s done… if he comes back it’s strictly for the cash lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This is the Pittsburgh Steelers...the NFL's version of the movie Ground Hog Day.

When you wake up on November 1st 2025, you will log on here to discuss why Ben doesn't want to throw deeper than 5 yards, and why Tomlin called a fake punt from his own 20 when up by 3.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think the guy is kaput. But we have to find something better first. You don’t scrap your old car until you have a new one lined up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Maybe some cap experts can answer this. I know he has void years in his current extension (as do a few others). Although we're in good shape cap wise next year, at least on paper, his cap hit might influence this decision. Would keeping him help or hurt us with cap space? I don't really get how void years count.

• Like Like x 1
  12. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think this is his last ride. He won't talk about it being his last season, because most QBs will not entertain that discussion until after the season is over due to the distraction it would cause. While he has been serviceable and they have won the last few games, some teams would have benched him not for poor play, but to try and add a spark to the offense. His stats looked good yesterday, but I still don't believe they were enough to strike fear into upcoming opponents. Love Ben, glad he has been a life long Steeler and I will give him much love and respect as he retires.

• Like Like x 2
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He’s averaging less than 19 points a game with an offense that could be putting up more

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Could it happen? Yes. Should it happen? Absolutely not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Ben would love the attention and the atmosphere of it being publicly known its his last season.

I think that’s the biggest tell of all that Ben probably wants to play next season.

17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bro.... this is the Swan song, I can tell with how Ben is handling himself talking to the media, that he knows this is gonna be it.

But I'm glad he's having fun it with it, better to be 4-3 than the 1-3 it was 4 weeks ago. I think we have a good group of young talent on offense that in time is going to be pretty decent.

The run game is doing better, and when the Defense allows 10 points a game, like yesterday its a lot easier to get a W.
    Other than a few bad throws Ben played a Solid enough game yesterday.

Still think we can be above .500 and be a borderline playoff team. We have no chance at the Super Bowl, but if we can do better than Cleveland with who everyone thought could contend in the AFC to go to the Super Bowl, then I am mightily happy.

We just can't put up enough points to try to beat some of these teams. We can't break 30 points and you will have to do that to beat a lot of the elite NFL contenders and we can't do that.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not trying 2 be a Dick(Flower) ,but what exactly can't He Do,and won't do?????? Besides run a fast 40 time, and be Younger.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Now You sound like Maddog78....could be putting up more is just guessing....We could be putting up More points. I watched Preseason like everyone...with the same players out there....I know it's vanilla, but it's vanilla on both sides of the ball, and only One Qb looked like He could move the team without Question, and that was Ben.
    Could a Qb come in and Put up more stats in a few games Yes....All teams Have trouble Defending what they don't know what 2 look for....Look 2 Yesterday's wins by backups for proof...but If You believe after a few game tapes on those Guys , they won't stumble, and most will not only fall, but fail.
    Anything else is just guessing.
    Remember how great all these players looked on offense When Ben was out for the season, and that was with a Defense playing way better than it is now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    No, he's not going to be back. He is clearly on his last legs. I give him credit for making the most of his limited talent at this point. Dude is still a fierce competitor but he is just extremely limited physically now and he has never been someone who beats a defense by reading it. We are the only team in the bottom 16 of scoring that has a winning record. The defense is carrying this team. At least it looks like the running game is coming along and the TEs are starting to emerge. They could really help Ben out.

21. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Ravens have 2 losses to two teams the Steelers lost too. They still have to play Green Bay.

Should they lose GB, do you think their will be calls for Lamar to retire? Turns out the Steelers lost to 3 good teams so far. By the end of the season it could be a different picture. Too early to say what Ben will or won’t be able to do next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Now those are fighting words. You just let me know the time and place where you are going to beat me up and I’ll be there.

:drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This ^^^^^^^

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No My Friend...I've grown...I'm past that life of violence...Now we will decide it on something more reasonable....Like who can drink more alcohol, eat the most steak, and fall asleep the fastest. LoL. Without it causing insufferable indigestion. :thumbs_up:

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Pittsburgh is moving on from him no question. His contract expires days after the upcoming Super Bowl. Have Mason or Dwayne as the starter while you sit the incumbent future of the franchise on the franchise and watch him learn; whomever that may be.