1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Animus, Oct 2, 2021.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Great job, Pitt. Took their offense a quarter to get going, but they got it done. Solid all around effort!

• Like Like x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ah ....I found what I was talking about...it was a short screen ....not a shuffle pass, and Tuitt steps right in front of it....Andy Dalton broke his thumb trying 2 tackle him. So I was wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Halfway through the 2nd Qtr I'm thinking, here we go again, Pitt getting hyped leading up to a big game only to fall flat. Today they slugged it out with a very rugged team and had enough big plays to get separation from Clemson, a team obviously missing the dynamic duo of Lawrence and Etienne. Hats off to Pitt and a great crowd today. Too bad Steelers can't get that type of enthusiasm and noise from the home fans.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Nice!!!!! Get em PITT!!!!!!!

5. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    It's good for the city to see Oakland and the region get excited about Pitt football again. I'll say this, Pickett can ball. He can move around and find open receivers and he runs when it makes sense, not out of panic. He's a good athlete and a hard nosed kid. I'd be happy if the Steelers could get him. Pitts defense is also better than I thought. They have speed in the secondary, and their front seven is solid.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I see #17 Pitt has 5 games remaining. 3 at home. I don't think any of the remaining 5 are ranked teams.

Pretty sure 4 teams get into a Super Bowl type Playoff to decide Championship. Wondering if Pitt wins out if they would be in that Playoff??????????????????

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Very doubtful in my mind. Their one blemish was a bad one and will haunt them all year. Clemson was their strongest opponent and they were ranked lower than Pitt when they played. But the way top teams have been getting upset by very poor teams, could happen I suppose. If there is still an ACC playoff and they beat Wake Forest, then their chances would improve a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree. A lot of things would have 2 happen, but that doesn't mean it won't.

9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

That one loss to WMU without any wins against a high ranked opponent will keep Pitt out of the playoff even if they win out. (And I wouldn’t be shocked if they lose to Miami)

if there’s a one loss Oklahoma, or Alabama or Michigan or even Notre Dame, there’s no way a one loss Pitt jumps any of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If Pitt and Wake Forest win out and/or finish 1st in their respective ACC divisions - they would play in the ACC championship game Sat Dec 4 8pm ET on ABC. Currently Wake is ranked 4-6 places ahead of Pitt depending on the Poll and a win there would bode well for Pitt but still too many teams undefeated ahead of them both in the rankings to make it into the final 4. I've seen several bowl projections with Pitt playing either Notre Dame or Penn State in the Peach Bowl in Atlanta on Dec 30. Pitt has not fared well against either on them over the past several decades and have never faced them in the post-season (from memory). As far as the remainder of the regular season, Pitt has 5 games, 3 at home (Miami, North Carolina and Virginia) and 2 on the road (Duke and Syracuse). Of these, Virginia should be the toughest as they have the best current record of upcoming opponents at 6-2 overall and 4-2 in ACC play. North Carolina usually gives them fits too. This last game against Clemson that Pitt won by 10 pts could have easily been Clemson winning by 4 if Shipley doesn't drop that for sure TD pass and if their QB doesn't shovel pass directly into Dennis' mitts for another TD - a 14 pt swing right there. But, this is the way sports works out all the time. Just glad they silenced the perpetual bullies from Death Valley. :dancing::thumbs up::drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Calm the Hurricane!

GO PITT!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hail to Pitt. They never play the Canes to good.
    Lets hope this changes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm on the bandwagon and pumped for today's game!!!!!!!

14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Another case of falling in love with the sports headlines. Sleepwalking through first half. Hopefully D adjustments will be forthcoming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    YIKES!!!! Just my luck I get into college football and I watch Miami moving at will. Some terrible calls against Pitt.

Do these guys ever slow the hell down. Must admit, I see why some say college is more exciting then NFL. That was a first half of constant action.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Steel machine...How the Hell do You not watch college football. A lot of great games every week....plus first look at future Steelers. :thumbs_up:

17. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    They are in a fist fight today, but Pickett isn't doing anything to hurt his draft status. Pitt's defense can't cover anyone right now.

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If BB had thrown that INT, everyone would be calling for his and Canada's head. :rolleyes:

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I actually thought they would blow Miami out of the water. I've been switching back , and forth between this game, and Michigan- Michigan St.

20. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Pitt's tackling looks like the Steelers third quarter against the Seahawks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Wow. First Miami gets called for motion on a 3rd and one play. On the subsequent 3rd and six, Miami's open primary receiver falls down, so Van Dyke throws to his open second read, he falls and the ball is picked off by Pitt. What a strange and fortunate play for Pitt.

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Make that 2 INTs. The ghost of Heinz haunting this team. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    That looked bad. What's worse is it now looks like Pitt has a terrible call going against them. Trouble is, there is no camera that shows that Miami's RB actually got out of the end zone, so the call on the field stands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Jesus, what a weird 4th quarter this has been.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Fixed it for ya Sod. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1