1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben talks about how his hip injury affected his mechanics

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Benching Ben? This type of decision is beyond the capability of those running our team. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He mentions his leg in there, hurt him badly, what specifically about the leg? The arthritis? The Shot to the knees in Dallas?

Great that the hip is feeling better, what about the leg, that goes all the way back to last season.

4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I am so tired of the drama that comes with Big Ben. Best chance to win it not, so ready for someone new.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I assume he's referring to his hip when he says leg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The injuries have piled up and it will be one thing or another until he is done this season. Bench him? That won't be happening. The only way he comes off the field is if they have to peel him off with some kind of major injury.

For the life of me besides the money why did he come back? He is possibly going to go out on a sour note. The clowns playoff loss was what it was. His broken @ss best retire after this season. Let Mason take the reins or some vet and draft a QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hope this is as far as Arts loyalty goes, hope he doesn’t offer Ben a new contract.

8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    In his heart of hearts Ben truly believes he can still play. Hook him up ttruth serum, and he say so. Athletes are the last ones to know they’re done.

Last yr, while I didn’t agree with it, I could see how the organization could talk itself into bringing Ben back. Loyalty, the strong start, convincing themselves that it “could” be better this yr, with Najee and the WRs.

This yr, if Ben hints at wanting to return, the organization needs to squash that idea ASAP. You want to play in 2022? Have your agent find you a spot, cuz there ain’t one here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    He loves to play the role of Willis Reed in the '71 NBA Championships.

It's a total heads I win-tails you lose situation which he relishes. If he plays well, then he comes off like a hero playing through pain, if not, it's a built in excuse.

It's annoying as hell and fits with his passive-aggressive nature, but hey...I've learned to live with it. Still makes me roll my eyes, but doesn't bother me as much as it once did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You never know what's going on in this head. He values stability over all else and many of us just want something fresh and exciting. Even with the growing pains that will come along with it.

11. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    He is absolutely back for the money and the notariety. What else is he gonna do after football that will provide him with the rush of fame and the payday of being a star? He won't be in the booth that's for sure. I don't see him even being a analyst. He doesn't have much insight and he isn't someone that really draws you in to hear him talk. There's no scenario that i see him ever being a coach. He is absolutely the type of person who has a hard time letting go and knowing its done. I give him credit for putting himself thru the paces of it all cause it is a grind but he really should have retired when he had the elbow surgery. He's just been lying to himself (and everyone else) about coming back "better than ever".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He knows because of his past transgressions he has no career after football. No announcer gig, no major endorsements. He may be a future QB coach.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So....Just a Question...
    Are You saying He's not been injured, or playing with pain????:shrug:

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Isn't he still a pretty good golfer? I'd imagine he will get some thrill out of that for a short while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's a competitor, of course he wanted to come back after that bad performance against the Browns in the playoffs, I doubt he came back for the money he has made over 200 million already from the Steelers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    How many franchise QBs will sit down on their own with a hip injury that isn't too severe?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Yeah, he annoyed Cowher when he tried playing that card after the AFC Championship loss his rookie year, claiming he played the second half with broken toes.

https://www.deseret.com/2005/1/27/19873968/cowher-denies-big-ben-s-claims

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Don't know. Remember the foot injury he claimed and Tomlin said that was new to him and that the medical staff reported no such injury. Maybe he just ikes to embellish. For example the 104 degree fever which was clearly not true considering a fever that high probably lands you in ICU.

I don't doubt that he's sore, hurting, or otherwise less than 100%, but so is just about every other player in the league. He just has a need to let us know and dramatize it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I often wonder how much of his drama/pain is from his face plant into a car while riding his motorcycle early in his career. That was some major surgery/recovery. Gotta leave a scar.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    He's too much of a competitor to sit, but our coach needs to do what's best for the team. Even though some people foolishly blamed the losses on defensive injuries, the offense scored 17, 10, and 17 in the three L's, while Ben committed 5 TO's and took 8 sacks, setting up opponents on short fields against our injured D, who performed admirably under the circumstances.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hence only the beginning of the drama queen scenario.

Ben has been a big part of 2 Lombardi's and I thank him as well as a bunch of winning seasons. But it's time to move on after this season.

22. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    See people like you and I look at rich people and stars and imagine oh he has 200 million dollars. YOu look at it from your life's perspective of what you could do with that money given your current lifestyle. What you fail to realize as most people do. These guys have a way more expensive lifestyle. 200 million over 17 or 18 years sounds like a lot to us but not when you have multi million dollar mansions and the costs to upkeep them. Their cost of living is in a different spectrum than us. It costs more just to maintain that home than you and I probably make a year. Thats not counting all the other things that we can understand the cost of.

23. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    correct - he has PLENTY of $$$.....

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    And we're supposed to feel bad about this how?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    and i said anyone is supposed to feel bad for this where?

Is was an explanation to someone saying Ben does not need money as to why Ben would come back for the money.

• Agree Agree x 1