1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Comparing the Steelers to Others

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bnasty23, Oct 18, 2021.

1. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I would take this team knowing its a crazy season with a new OL, Older HOF Qb, new RB, and too many to name hurt Def. Than a team like KC power house, Cleveland. Did you check standing we are 3-3 just like them. Another point i would like to make Fans always crying we played a team without its star players, well to me thats a you problem. If playing team with all hurt stars and we win division, playoff, or superbowl oh well. Main example people cry that the Steelers loss to Denver, but forget how many hurt star players the steelers had enteing that game with. Whats good for goose is great for us. They are called Professional for a reason. Not Super Stars vs. AVG. If you going to say Geno not good, how many of you research his career to get to NFL. I am sure he was a star coming up. Just curious no disrespect, I would love to see a poll of how many fans played sports and got a full ride to a top College.

2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The combined record of the 1st 6 opponents the Steelers played

Is 22-13

The 3 losses those teams are 13-5, so I don't think they have lost to bad teams.

Bengals are much better than any of us thought, if they take down the Ravens this week, it will be very impressive for them.

But the Browns roster is much deeper than the Steelers, they are considered to be a lock playoff team. Their defense is not good currently.
    The have given up 79 points the last two games. Of course to the Chargers and Cardinals who both look like good teams.

But it's got to be killing their fans, they can still get it turned around, but Lamar Jackson is just ballin out lately, looking to me like Ravens take this division.

But we need to just get healthy, and take down the Brownies in 2 weeks in Cleveland that would be very sweet to see happen.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Biggest surprise is the Bengals.... by far and away. To say they are the biggest surprise of the 2021 NFL Season would not be overselling it. Only other team that would be in that category, for all of the wrong reasons, is the Miami Dolphins. That team has been a disappointment.

Regarding the Steelers though, no doubt the team has to get healthier but that is just a part of the equation. The other aspect is cohesion. Another 100+ rushing yard day for the team.... but another slow start to get there as well. Not only that, Dan Moore Jr is out but was having some trouble early on as well. Having the same group of five will be critical going forward on not just the Offensive Line but the Defense as well.

4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    What worries me is Watt, Highsmith, and Cam all played great. Got plays in the secondary from rookies. Still needed OT to beat a Geno Smith led Seahawks team. Minkah and Bush being below average doesn't help. But it doesn't make sense to me. Yes, the offense sucks but if they can scrounge up 20 points we should win with so many players on defense playing great. Everybody will say offense sucks and defense is carrying. But 7 other defenses held teams to two scores or less yesterday. Why can't the Steelers do that? Playcalling? What is it?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    For one thing some of those teams force other teams to be one dimensional since they can actually score

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    If Moore is out that would just revert back to Banner at RT (as long as he's fully ready to go) and Okorafor at LT same as what they expected to start the season as.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I had a feeling the Bengals were due one of their random play-off runs that they manage every 15 years or so. Burrow is good, and now they're managing to keep him off the turf they fixed their receiving corps and have a quality RB.

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Baker is the browns problem. He's not the answer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the browns are beat up right now on offense. baker with a dislocated shoulder. hunt with an ankle i believe. the ravens got gifts from the nfl two weeks in a row or they would be right with us even with LJ.

we are still having trouble down the middle of the field on defense from what i can see. i would make two moves to help but they won't. bush and edmunds. put in killebrew and schobert. see if this tightens up the run defense in the nickel if they are dead set on running it so much. but that's me. i believe this is our weakness. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    So if the Steelers can only beat bad teams, it's going to be a looooooooong season.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are an average team.... somewhere between 16th and 20th in rankings. I don't see them ever being a top 10 team in 2021. Steelers will win enough not to be bottom feeders.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Baker is definitely the answer, and they need to pay him $40 million/year. This recommendation on the Browns’ future QB strategy brought to you by a Steeler fan who cares.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Depth seems to be our problem. We are constantly one piece away from total collapse (i.e. losing Watt, losing Najee, loosing DJ…)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Unfortunately i'm not excited about Chuck Okorafor at LT. I know the hype, but I actually think Haeg would be better.

I could be and hope I'm wrong hope Okorafor kills it at LT, but I worry about an immobile QB

15. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    In the last 17 regular season games, dating back a full calendar year, the Steelers have scored 30+ once, vs. the Bengals on 11/15 of last year. This season they have a high-water mark of 23, a low matched only by Jacksonville. i.e., the Texans, Jets, and Lions have all scored more in at least one game.

The offensive woes are chronic, and unless they are fixed I can't see them winning consistently.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree... but the defense will keep them in most games, if more injuries don't pile up.

17. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Narrator: ...

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hey Hey. I second that, and say they add Another 10 million 2 that salary. :thumbs_up:

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 3
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As I have stated many times on this forum, I never had
    the Steelers winning Superbowl this year. The Steelers, I was hoping could field
    a competitive team and hope to maybe get into playoffs and go from there hence my 10-7
    prediction. There are about 6 teams out there that are true Superbowl contenders.

21. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    This is what is frustrating as a fan - I'm OK with the org putting on a brave face and saying they're competing for a championship every year, but they just as easily could have done that and saved a ton of dead cap space and expedited the rebuild. The Steelers didn't realize Ben's window closed in 2020 and are desperately trying to jam it open again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I have enjoyed watching Ben and appreciate all he has done and accomplished for the Steelers. But he is very close to done , he misses too many deep passes and is a statue behind an average young Oline.

I think we all expected more change this season on offense but all we see is tiny samples of what it might be. The organization must have thought they could squeeze one more great season out of Ben. But it looks like he is holding us back in so many ways.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hey, I'll third that and add part ownership to the team.

• Like Like x 2
  24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Which sucks because I want draft capital yet we are just keeping aviators legacy alive

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah let's tank and be like the Jets, and Jaguars, Lions :rolleyes:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1