1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Najee Harris!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel the Win on Sunday, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Wow! This guy is the real deal. I jumped up and down when he was drafted, but he has already exceeded my expectations. Total difference maker and can do it all. Imagine if we had a top offensive line. He would be putting up Derek Henry numbers plus the receiving ability.

Tough, hard runner. Great vision. Amazing stamina. Just hope we don't wear him out. What an exciting player though! Hope he is a Steeler for his entire career!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Wait til the line matures and the Steelers get Aaron Rodgers next year. Gonna be a star.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You seem to have high hopes the Steelers will get Aaron. I just don't see this organization doing that. He is nearing the twilight of his career although Tom Brady has re-written the book on that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Probably end up with Geno, Tomlin winked.
    Hahahahahahaha!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Did not worry about him and liked the pick then. Love it far more now. What Najee needs though is another quality Offensive Lineman in front of him; doubly so on the interior as Trai Turner could very well be one and done here. If that is the case, I suggest drafting an Interior Offensive Lineman early on again.... though Offensive Tackle will be high on the list as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I would agree if there was QB to be drafted that can start. But they suck. Only one is projected a first round caliber (and that's not a top 10 or even top 20).

And I don't see us trying Mason. And sacrifice a year. Steelers will do one year to reset, and this is that one. If this wasn't this year of a reset than I'm shocked they were that confident to not spend all their cap space.

So the only option is free agency.

7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    But Aaron Rogers won't be a FA unless GB cuts him. I'm not comfortable trading to get him. I'm ok with FA options.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Stud RB

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's kind of what I expected behind this offensive line. He's playing amazing actually working his tail off for every yard.

This is how it's going to be in the burgh for a bit. His physicality is and will continue to be tested. He's the Steelers cowbell back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    As much as love seeing him play, the Steelers really need to get some of the other guys a bit more involved.

The amount of snaps he's playing is insane, it's a even a longer NFL season at 17 games, and he may hit that rookie wall, toward the end of the year.

These Rookies aren't used to playing this much football, and not just Harris, Green, Dan More Jr. Frierermuth, it can catch up to us.

But, at least it looks like we have a few ball players going forward.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I thought Ballage looked great on the few plays he was in. No hesitation just straight forward with power like we saw in pre-season. That's not a bad 1-2 punch. Loved the end around by Ebron - excellent play call there when the entire world assumed Najee would get the hand off up the middle. Matt Canada did nice there. :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    But this was the plan from the beginning. They thought they fixed the run game by drafting a RB and working him to death.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're still butthurt they didn't reach for OL in the first round, they made the right choice get over it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think we figured out that if we don’t want Ebron to drop the ball, we need to just hand it to him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    28th in rushing, 3rd place in the division. It's coming up aces so far!

16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    baby steps brother... damn! HahahahahahA

nowhere to go but up

• Like Like x 3
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Most Bama players are use to 16 game seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    His Bama high was 294 touches last year. He's on pace for 385 this year, and that doesn't count the pass protection against NFL big boys.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    2 be honest...I'm also worried about His touches, but think We will see a little more of Ballage every game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    He is a bad azz for sure but I don't crown anyone to be anything until I see a full slate of games played. To me, he already has shown the potential he has but still has to show something that is equally as important, consistent availability over the course of the season. So far, so good though.

21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

I think they're gonna snatch up Tua after Miami gives up on him

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Barring any serious injury, and with much needed help(OL) and
    a OC that understands the run game you are looking at a superstar.
    Just remember those 190LB db's want no parts of that 232 coming at them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And if they drafted OL in the first round they wouldn't be doing any better, they would've ended up with a lesser talent at RB, just admit you were wrong as usual :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it’s in play if the QB class is as weak as people think is and I think he would make us SB contenders which of course is the only reason they’d do it, to capitalize on the defense and small window they have.

They also have talented pass catchers, don’t care what anyone says, DJ, Claypool and Muth can ball and of course Harris.

He has that assassins attitude you hear mentioned of athletes, too. Did you see his “I own you” clip after scoring on Chicago? May make him sound like a dick but I love that bastard attitude in a athlete.

I just wouldn’t give up a lot for a 38 year old. Some of the things being said I think are insane, two 1st rd picks?!?! GTFOH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    It was folly to be so short-sighted to think they could fix it in 2021 with so many other pressing needs. They should have drafted for long term success, instead they reached for instant gratification that isn't there.

CB, DL, OL, WR, QB are top needs next year as they lose even more talent -- but good thing we have that franchise RB!