1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tight Ends

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Spock, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I am happy for the win. The Steelers are still competitive enough to possibly earn a playoff spot. That really is my expectation for the the team I root for. They consistently put a team on the field with the likelihood for a playoff spot. Now to the thread title. I started this thread to to make my first point, but also want to interject a positive thread. I thought the play from both starting tight ends was really good during this game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    no they are not. If Tuitt does not return, the blueprint was put out there last night. Canada sucks too. Why 14 is playing and not 13, God only knows. Ben is TO machine.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I believe the plan moving forward is to get both Ebron and Freiermuth involved early as JuJu is out for the season. That said though, why did it take for a season ending injury for Freiermuth to get involved is nothing short of incredible for me as he was doing just fine for the first three weeks of the season. Now that he is, expect both Freiermuth and Ebron to acquire more targets.

• Like Like x 3
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The so called TO machine is not even in the top 10 in turnovers....so how would you back up this claim :shrug:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I expected big things from Muuth but Ben has problem or almost ignores the center portion of the field. He looked very good in the pre season I hope they start to use him a lot more.
    He is not fast but appears to have good hands and can just out reach most DB's.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Muth is the real deal and I think he'll be a star here as long as we can get him the ball.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I should qualify - sloppy with the football. good almost for a strip sack and / or fumble a game. sloppy with the ball, you disagree? 3 fumbles / TO's all Ben (I think - yes?). I read various data, hard to understand and sort thru. I'd bet no other QB has fumbled 3 times this year? He is sloppy with the ball, and cannot make up for it like he once did, in his youth.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    the big clank off his hands vs. CINN (or was it GB?) really hurt. a drop or two is the difference in wins and losses in today's game. that said, MUCH better in catching the ball in general, all of the receivers. Now Ben just has to make better passes!

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    They should be making Muth and Harris the focal points of the offense. They can launch Ebron to the moon for all I care.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I been telling everyone since we drafted him that Pat Freiermuth is the real deal, he will be the best TE we have had since Heath Miller.

Penn State is my college team. Jesse James, Mike Gesicki, and Pat all played there. Pat is better than all 3.

But, Ebron can take his services else where, drops the ball a lot, and doesn't block, and doesn't want to block.

I like how Gentry has progressed this season he is a big man, so he should be able to block some dudes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

<Snip>

Mod Edit: What was that for? Sheesh.

12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Friermuth is not disappointing.

I actually believe this team can turn things around. The x factor is the offense really. I don't think Ben is washed up. I do believe his receivers and him need to get on the same page and the offensive line needs to play consistent.

We'll see the division now is pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Goff, Prescott and Kyler Murray all have 6 fumbles.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    To me Gentry is the TE to look out for.

Still has a lot to learn, but can chip the DE on the edge and then get out for a quick pass. He seems to be getting more snaps with every game.

15. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Love muth, and i've been pleasantly surprised by Ebron the last 2 weeks catching the ball.... Ebron is still a major liability in the blocking department...
    Like what I've seen out of gentry in a small sample size...
    Definitely agree that the te is criminally underused in this offense, and agree with Ben when he said that it's up to him to get them more involved

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. oksteelers#20

oksteelers#20 Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Ebron shouldn't see the field, his blocking is atrocious. First half there were two plays back to back that his man blew up the play in the backfield. If they want to use him have to lessen his blocking responsibility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You would be incorrect. Sam Darnold that some wanted on this team has more fumbles.
    I do get what You are saying though

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Darnold and Ben both have 5; three QBs lead the league with 6.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Muth looking like a really solid draft pick, catches nearly everything that comes his way and his blocking will only get better.

• Like Like x 2
  21. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ben has 4 interceptions. Mahommes has 8. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry...I was thinking of Darnolds 7, or is it 8 ints.:thumbs_up:
    Guess He's a turnover machine no matter what team he's on.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Crazy thing is ....if all the ints He has thrown actually had been caught (like people like 2 say about Ben) You could add another 8.
    Just More proof....No matter How great a Qb You are ...You need Help....I do believe He has a completely New , or rebuilt O- Line this Year.....Hmmm:shrug:

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2021-10-20_15-1-13.gif

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Sure he is. He’s got 7 which puts him in a tie for 4th place.

• Like Like x 1