1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It took Superman Watt to beat Geno Smith at home

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Through out this forum, other forums, probably ANY forum talking about football, there is SO MUCH emphasis put on who was barely beaten or who trounced who and I cannot think of a time where ANY OF THAT MATTERED AT ALL when it comes down to the Lombardi. You would think at some point these people would realize they are beating a dead drum, drummer and the horse he rode in on. Seems the same people that want to try their best to kill everyone's buzz after a suspenseful win and the complete adrenaline rush, at least that I got, watching my favorite player and our best player literally put the team on his back and carry us to victory by being like "Wow, Steelers win... if you can call it that... I mean relax its the Seahawks the worst defense in the league with a 3rd string QB" are the same people who were probably reminding everyone not to be proud or excited when we beat the Bills Week 1... because, you know... "its the Bills guys, like relax it means nothing might as well be 1-3" regardless of the Bills being on the top of everyone's power rankings as of late.

Don't get me wrong... I complain about bad play calls, Ray Ray McCloud, inexplicable adjustments, or lack thereof, terrible tackling, annoying announcers, Ray Ray McCloud and frustrating coaching decisions. But I never understand complaining about a win. Like I realize I am not a professional football person in any capacity... no experience in scouting, coaching, running a team (not including little league), team personnel decisions, managing multi-million dollar contracts, or being a non-annoying announcer on Live TV... however, when I complain about those things I believe I can justify my opinion or belief with the given knowledge that I have and in some instances I won't lie and admit I feel damn right confident in whatever I am moaning about ::ehem:: Ray Ray McCloud ::ehem:: even if I know that if I knew everything Tomlin knew or the front office knew I could very well possibly decide "Ok maybe I should just watch and stfu" but that is just unAmerican and the right of football fans everywhere to ***** about these things.

But when you diminish a win or the capabilities of another PROFESSIONAL football team, base the teams outlook and, more importantly, how much SUPPORT they deserve, entirely on who we have and haven't beaten and by how much... I feel like that is a totally different thing. That just tells me you don't know football. Don't understand parity, don't comprehend the immense talent of EVERYONE on the field and even the guys on the bench and hell, even Ray Ray McCloud and you have NO IDEA what people mean when they say "Any Given Sunday".

TL-DR
    When I complain about specific things about the team or decisions they make, I feel there's a chance if they had asked my opinion in that instance we might have gotten that first down BUT at the same time I know I am not a pro and there is a much higher chance I am wrong or ignorant to all the factors. But when you treat other teams like they are worthless because they have a low ranking or bad record, or refuse our Steelers their praise for pulling out a win against said team... you ARE just simply WRONG.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If Tomlin retires today he never has a losing season.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    And we have sure proved that over the years.

4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Seeing you are a Pitt fan thought you might enjoy this. Not sure of your age but guessing you know the Steelers passed on Dan Marino. Many of us think we'd have a few more SB's if we had drafted him. Now, how ironic would it be if the Steelers take Kenny Pickett? I don't really follow college ball but he has got to be one of the best QB's available in the 2022 draft.

5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I thought it was nice to see…. A player other than Ben…. Take the game in his hands and say…. I got this.

nice job TJ, picking up right where you left off last season.

I will say, as frustrating as a lot of the game was…. It was nice to see at least 1 third down pass….. where the receiver was past the first down marker….. I think that might be a first this season.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    We really do lack playmakers. Since AB left no one has stepped up to the challenge. Watt is now that guy. Hopefully we get a couple more people stepping up. Johnson is starting to look good ....and a couple of our rookies are looking the part.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm a few months shy of 40. I know the stories of the Steelers passing on Marino. At that time I was merely an infant more concerned with my Teddy...

As for Pickett, his size, mobility and playing style is akin to that of Colt McCoy, Johnny Manziel and Baker. His demeanor is closer to Colt than the other two. I feel he's a legitimate Heisman candidate, but truly unsure how his game translates to the next level. Him working with the Mannings did him a lot of good. It'll definitely be interesting to see where he lands and how successful he'll be. I'll root for him, as I do all former Pitt players, but if/when he plays the Steelers I'll root for a good game but a Steelers victory.

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    By the looks of things, not much longer............[​IMG] :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And too bad it wasn't on the late pass to Ray Ray. Dude has no moves whatsoever proved throughout the game(s) on his KO and punt returns. Notice how other teams don't even try to put it in the end zone when #14 is back returning kicks? Automatic 15 yard line start instead of the 25. Silver lining, he didn't fumble on his high number of touches last night.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Ben appears to look off Ebron at the line to gain and dumps to Ray-Ray. His arm can still make the throws, but his legs are shot and his decision-making is questionable at best.

11. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm not disagreeing with you regarding Ben's physical capabilities but could it be that Ben has lost faith in Ebron? Ebron has dropped many passes on similar plays the past year or more.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I dunno. Ben has made a habit this year of going to the sidelines and missing an open man further upfield. Plus he did go to Ebron for a tough catch before…

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winner....Who in their right mind...out of all the people on the field would pick Ebron 2 make a catch that could decide the game...plus You are not seeing the whole field...they make sure of it 2 fit the narrative.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Recurring theme all season. Wonder if its time for some specs.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Imagine being Derrick Watt. I mean he’s still an NFL player but man he reminds me of that third Manning brother Stan

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    What the hell does Derek even do here lol

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    24th in offense and 12th in defense, we are pretty average

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Benny, what part of your body do you keep patting, and patting, and patting………..

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually, wouldn’t you put that below average?

• Like Like x 2
  20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah true lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well, that is what you get when you have a forum of opinions and free speech. I don't agree with everything on here either but if people want to express themselves contrary to how others think they should, then that's part of being on a message board and you are free to go anytime you wish and join a board where everyone makes you happy. Good luck.

PS: The Stains are one of those that are worthless to me. There are others.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This was way to long for me to waste time resding. If it was well thought, it for a message board, it would be more precise.

Not just a rant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t feed the troll

He lives off this

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He actually has been getting snaps at FB lately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    You're bending over backwards to defend Ben's maddening habit of throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down.

He threw to both Ebron and DJ repeatedly last year despite the drops.