1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the Seahawks escape

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Oct 18, 2021.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Bottom line, and I'll say it until I'm blue in the face.... No matter how much football evolves, the game will always be won or lost up front

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed on Bush. He has to stay healthy to warrant his second contract. Minkah is staying as the Steelers payed quite the price for him and he is a two time All Pro... though this season he clearly has not performed at the level of such. Terrell Edmunds is likely gone unless the team can work out a deal somehow, someway.

Regarding the Defensive Line depth, agreed to an extent. Cameron Heyward is not getting any younger and who knows if and when Stephon Tuitt is going to return to the team. Nabbing a player in the draft is a good way to begin though I would still like to see if Carlos Davis, Isaiah Buggs and Isaiah Loudermilk can stake their claim this season; doubly so for Buggs. This year is a big one for him for certain.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Alualu has played in all 16 games six times and he played in 15 games last year. The broken ankle was kind of a fluke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    My observation is that STD was 100% correct when he said that isn't it ironic how certain members seem to show themselves primarily when the Steelers lose and disappear for the most part after wins. Last night's game was the closest thing to losing without a tie and look who's dominating the airwaves this morning. But then again, no one should be surprised. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Agree on your DL assessment. Buggs needs to stay at NT, Loundermilk has potential at DE.

I would like to see Taco Charlton get some rotation time in at DE after the bye if Tuitt is not coming back. I know Butler said Taco was going to play OLB, but right now we need a 3rd defensive end a hell of a lot more than we need a 4th OLB!

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah it’s pretty pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    To be fair, and a very possible explanation is that after a Steelers win, they spend all their time the following week on the other team's MB ripping that team apart for losing to the Steelers. :roflmao: :herewego!::steelflag::towel::yeehaw:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t think there is anyway they don’t try to sign Bush to a second contract. It’s bogus that people say he isn’t any good (not directed at you), look what happens to the defense when he isn’t playing.

He’ll get an offer that reflects his value which takes into account his injury history. We’ll just have to wait and see that will be enough to keep him here but they moved up for him so I’m sure the effort will be there to keep him.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh trust me. Two aspects are correct.. for now.

1.) Devin Bush has yet to show he can play a full season; availability being his current shortcoming.

More Importantly though....

2.) Devin Bush is easily one of the most important players on the Defense. Losing his freakish abilities greatly diminishes this teams Run Defense. Granted, losing Stephon Tuitt is bad as well but even with Tuitt a season ago, after the loss of Devin Bush.... yikes!!!

Agree wholeheartedly he should get the second contract based on what his abilities do for this defense. My question though is whether or not his health will permit him to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Just because Spillane is worse doesn't mean he has been good. But you are right, too much sunk cost for them to let him get away.

Let's hope it's injury-related and he starts to round into form.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The angst that you have when other fans highlight persistent shortcomings of Tomlin's squad is gonna eat you up, man.

12. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    But STD said he wasn't calling out fellow Steeler fans, just trolls from other teams.

Is that what you're talking about?

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    And I have some of the same issues with Tomlin. But damn we just won a game. They need to STFU already

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah it was a good win with what seemed like decent balance between the 3 phases. I didn't watch the whole thing because I was on the road, but will try to catch it on nfl network this week.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Reports are Tomlin doesn't wants to start over with a rookie instead sign a veteran. Sorry for the pop ups.

https://triblive.com/sports/report-...ben-roethlisberger-so-is-aaron-rodgers-a-fit/

I believe Devon Bush's issue is between the ears at this point. He is regressing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  17. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Everyone from the players, coaches, and media will be discussing the things that went wrong and which need to approve, despite the win. Why can't the fans?

Again, who appointed you Fan Police Commissioner?

18. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    That's why you leave it to a good QB coach and OC or do you not understand Tomlin is more defensive minded? Since you appear to know so much and seem so astute in your observation of the obvious name a DC (later that became a head coach) that was credited for turning a QB into a HOF...outside of Belichick/Brady??? I'll wait...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

So Belechick made Brady a HOF all by his self.?? Good to know...lol........ Good job LOL at Realsteel

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Marv Levy

21. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I knew that would be your first go to altho it can be easily said Brady made himself since he proved he can do it w/o Belichick, but the fact you had to go all the way back to Marv Levy doesnt help your argument goofy. Not to mention there's nothing to suggest he was any less a offensive coach then a defensive coach. My guess is that you're just throwing a name out there and hoping it sticks because you really have no earthly idea who is responsible for Jim Kelly's success as a QB.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    lol

23. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Exactly. People get called out on they s#$t talking and that's their first resort. Like I said...you're just throwing a name out there and hoping it stick. Theres not one thing you've read, seen, or heard that would suggest you have any credibility.

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Same with you <Mod Edit>

25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They can 5th year option him first.

They traded up 10 spots go get this kid. I wanted the other Devon. But I was not upset in the pick at the time.

I am now. He has been playing below the line for a guy who was touted so high of a pick. He is making mental mistakes by the bunches and talk about stopping the run? Where was he Sunday as they were gashing the crap out of the middle. Maybe he is still worrying about the knee in which I understand but the amount of mental mistakes you can't look past. He is getting beat at the point of attack.

I don't feel he is a bad player but he sure isn't great.