1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't look now but your Pittsburgh Steelers are 3-3

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 18, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The AFC North standings
    Baltimore 5-1
    Cincinnati 4-2
    Pittsburgh 3-3
    Cleveland 3-3

The Steelers play the overrated Browns on the road in two weeks, Baker Mayfield left the game today with his left shoulder in a sling, Kareem Hunt also left the game with a calf injury. Baltimore plays Cincinnati next week, let's go Bengals :hehehe:.
    :herewego!::steelflag:

• Like Like x 5
  2. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    The Steelers play the Browns with possibly not Kareem Hunt nor Nick Chubb and Mayfield in serious pain. Thank you Arizona

• Like Like x 5
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I think Mayfield hurt his shoulder pumping cheese sauce for the Halloween nachos

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You stole that from Me.
    LoL. Just playing, but I did write that earlier today.....You took my Thunder :frown new:
    LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry, I saw it after I put this up. Doesn’t make it any less true…..

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm just playing, and Yes You are correct. It doesn't make it any less true :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The Steelers are who we thought they were going to be. Ben average at best, the o-line needing time to develop, Najee being pretty good, a decent front seven, but a suspect secondary, and Boswell is clutch. Bush to me does not look like a playmaker. He over pursues, cannot get off blocks, and is not a tackler. Watt and Heyward are great, but they don;t have a supporting cast to win a championship at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers are an Aaron Rodgers away from being a SB contender. Keep the water warm this year, let the many rookies who are playing together develop, hit on a couple more rookies in the draft next year and let's win a Super Bowl in 2022-23 next year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Loved the win but barely surviving a Wilson-less team with a horrid defense doesn’t inspire me.

The only hope is that they are still learning a new offense and can scrape together a few more wins over these next 3 before getting to the Chargers. They’ll need to be playing a whole lot better by the time they get to that point in the schedule.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    The Dline minus Hayward is bad. They get gashed on the run upfront. Middle linebackers are also weak. Unless Tuitt comes back this run D will be a major issue. Tuitt doesn’t seem close to coming back either.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    100% agree.

The offense is maxed out with Ben. Got away with two more dropped INTs tonight, he's a ticking time bomb at this point.

12. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Bush is turning out to be a monumental swing and miss in the draft, cost us two more picks and playing like Avery Williamson.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He threw one right into the chest of a Seattle player. Did that a couple weeks ago too but that defender caught it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    nobody said this was going to be easy.:rolleyes::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    The Cowboys played a team with a rookie QB, has the 26th ranked offense, a 17th ranked defense and barely escaped with an OT win. The Rats depended on a blown delay of game call and a 66 yd FG to beat the winless Lions. Yet they are SB contenders. Let’s just take this win and build on it

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Well then, your hope just might be found. Offensive Line still appears to be in a state of gelling. The Offense took a hit when JuJu went out so adjusting the passing attack and its tactics will also take some time as well; a good thing actually since it is the bye week.

Overall, while I do agree that the game last night was not all good, having such a win is a good step in the right direction for a young team like this one. Not only that, Najee Harris is beginning to heat up even more though I also worry about the amount of touches he receives. What will tell the story of the 2021 Pittsburgh Steelers though is the defense; a defense that has been suspect to being "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" thus far this season and doubly so in the second half. That side of the ball has to come out swinging in the second half of the season for this team to have a chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Fun stat:
    0-3 Steelers record with -1 turnover differential
    3-0 Steelers record with 0 or +1

If Tuitt can return in good shape, that will strengthen the defense and hopefully let Watt generate more takeaways.

18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The Browns play Thursday Night against Denver. So they will have 10 days to play the Steelers, Steelers have 2 weeks.

If the Brownies don't beat the a struggling Denver team (Denver 3 losses in a row) its not going to be really pretty in Cleveland.

People expect Cleveland to be good, I don't think many experts expect that out of us.

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You mean Jamal "I'm the Best In the NATION" Adams????

The safety Seattle paid two 1s for who has zero INT's as a Seahawk and Zero sacks thus far this season?!?!?

:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree, however both ravens and cowboys have shown greatness in games and we pretty much plateaued lmao

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Have You guys looked at who the Qbs are leading the League in turnovers...Ben is not even in the the Top 10.
    Not saying He is what He was, but He's still better than a lot.
    If the Defense doesn't give up 3 straight scoring drives...We don't even worry about this game.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    More fun fact...Not 2 be a smart A$$., but that's 3/4 of the league.

23. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Ditto, though I will say our defense has shown greatness, esp. on opening day. The offense is the elephant in the room. There's a real path to be 6-3 in a month, but with the D inconsistencies and offensive ineptitude I wouldn't bet on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    He's trying his hardest to be, though.

The D gave up 3 straight scoring drives, the O didn't help with a 3-out and a 3-fumble in between.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He might be if defenses start holding onto more of them :lolol:

Defense played a heck of a game, this isn’t the 70’s anymore where you can expect the defense to keep a team down the entire game and pitch a shutout. In today’s league with rules that totally favor the offense, thats about the best you can hope for. Coaching did them no favors either, worried about Geno gashing them?

But they got the stops and timely big plays when they needed them. Sign of a good defense.

• Agree Agree x 1