1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What's happened to Minkah Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Oct 14, 2021.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Coaching. That and he takes bad angles although he is better this year than he was last year in regard to taking bad angles on tackles.

2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He’s trying to do too much and help others out instead of focusing on his job. Watch pre snap on that Raiders TD over the top. Few games ago they got burned after him and Haden talking pre snap.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't know what his problem is but he better get it fixed quickly.
    Or he ain't sniffing the huge second contract Steelers give to players that can be difference makers.

4. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    If the Steelers don't pay, some other team will, because the guy is a baller when allow to play his position.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I stand by my statement Minkah for a second. Guy is vastly overrated by many on this board because he had an unbelievable run his first several games here.

Sure if a team would give you a first even better but realistically I think a second is what he could get.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    One trick Pony...Had a short / incredible run! Likes to gamble and takes chances, and he had a spectacular start...

Heyward, Tuitt, Watt,Dud playing at a high level afforded him those opportunities... Couple that with the Dude has never/ doesn't want to Tackle AT ALL!

No way I'd give him top of the League money...He doesn't even remind me of a Steelers " Type " Player!

• Like Like x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If he ends up somewhere else I bet he is stellar again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If they were thinking of trading Fitz, which I'm sure they're not, it would be best to trade him before the trade deadline this year. If a team could get basically two years for him, then there's a better chance they could get their pick back for him. Especially if they keep part of the financial burden. Or maybe a 2nd and 4th?

But, I'm sure they still think they can win the SB this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Franco

Franco Active Member

Sep 19, 2019
    He’s leading the team in tackles a FS should not be …that should tell you something . PFF is a joke for a Db they do not know his responsibilities

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, if they use him correctly. We did, but now we’re trying to turn him into Troy.

• Like Like x 3
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I really don't know but he was the sh.. in the beginning for the Steelers and then fell off. I'd hate to lose him at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You better hate 2 lose Him...IMO....even with Haden as old as He is ....without Minkah, and Haden back there We would really be Hemorrhaging in the backfield.
    Again....PFF= Pretty F**king Fake.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Why would they want to trade one of their better players?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I don't think that was specifically the complaint. I think the complaint was him playing in the box more.

I won't say he isn't in the box than last year but from my understand Miami wanted him to be closer to Hilton than eddie jackson.

I'll give you they are toying around but I think it's to find out his value. Is he Ed Reed or a troy, if you will.

Personally I'd say keep him Ed Reed.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    He is paid to be a difference maker. You be the judge if he has been this
    these past two years?

18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Try and follow along before making proclamations

19. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It was one of his specific complaints. They were playing him at fs,ss,cb,nb… both he and his mother complained about it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m sure you are doing your best. That’s all we can ask. Carry on.

21. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I've yet to see a criticism of PFF that was more than the butthurt rantings of a fan whose favorite player wasn't graded fairly in his eyes.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well then You clearly don't know Me....I've been saying this forever.
    If someone Is grading T. Edmunds Higher....they clearly don't know what they are looking at.
    Again....since I got on this board....I don't care what they say about who..PFF= Pretty F**king Fake.
    I know some hang on their Very Word....That's cool.....I....Myself see 2 many inconsistencies.

23. Franco

Franco Active Member

Sep 19, 2019
    Pff resides grading also on there opinion of the play lol that is ajoke

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I am sure someone else can over pay, Steelers don't work this way.

25. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I agree that he takes risks and seemingly wants a splash play too badly but saying he's a one trick pony and doesn't want to tackle... I couldn't disagree with more. What he provides us right now is the exact opposite of those things... He leads the team in tackles and he causes issues to opposing coaching having to gameplan for his versatility and play recognition.

With all that said, where I do agree with you I think has been a major issue for him. I've never seen him afraid to tackle but I have seen him bump or roll off a ball carrier because he went for an exploding shoulder charge instead of sticking and wrapping up. He seems to me like a player who runs hot and cold and plays with a lot of emotion. So a failed risk here or miscommunication there and next thing you know he's quiet rest of game... But at the same time when he's on he's on and can be a real difference maker, just haven't seen much this season. I think the offense wearing the defense down could be a factor as well as injuries to his fellow personnel.

Wherever he gets his next pick watch him get another pick the same game... Or at least I hope so. I still like him.

• Like Like x 2