1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is sad

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I already said Deshaun is due to be suspended if he settles out of court with any of the women regardless if he gets charged, or not, or did you just skip right on past that part?? If he didnt settle with any of the women and if hes never charged or indicted for anything then why would he be suspended?? For having a weird fetish??

Are you saying there's not other white players guilty of misconduct who werent given second chances in the league?? Did you forget about Manziel? Romanowski? and Favre just to name a few?? LIike I said you already look foolish just focusing on the racially insensitive statements. There were statements offending people of all walks of life. It's not just a white man's world anymore. You just come off as being bigoted just like Gruden.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I'm so sorry you missed out on the 1960's...

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Code of Conduct. It would make the league look bad.

4. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    People having weird fetishes would make the league look bad??

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Rex Ryan and his foot fetish didn’t seem to destroy the league :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Your probably right and I misheard Dre and Snoop when they were young. I have bad ears.

7. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Ha right...thanks for reminding us.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    As much as if you got caught doing the same would reflect on your company. I don't much care what people like to do in their off time. In a case like this, a high profile player has 2 dozen accusations, it makes the company (NFL) look bad. Probably nobody would even talk about it if it was Johnny the second string lineman but a big name player?

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Hes not getting suspended if he's not guilty of anything. First of all the NFLPA would never go for it and then you're going to have outside influences get involved I can assure you of that. If hes found not guilty it would reflect just as bad on women because it would mean another attempt of gold-digging women to trap an athlete based upon his status. He's not getting suspended over a weird sexual fetish if that's all it is.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    10 years ago I would have agreed. Now, with as much press as it's gotten, I think the NFL would see punishment as "protecting the Brand"

11. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Nothing wrong with protecting the brand as long as it's done within the confines of rules set in place. A settlement on punishment would have to go both ways and I'm pretty sure the NFLPA is not going for it if hes not guilty of anything. It's not a one way street and that would be setting a bad precedent.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Since neither one of us knows what the rules are that have been set in place, (unless you're a player or a lawyer) It's all conjecture on our parts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    2 be honest.., and I'm not speaking up for Gruden, but ...pointing out something someone did 10, or more years ago doesn't show if someone has evolved....it's the exact opposite....is it not????:shrug:
    I know my views on some things have changed in 10 years....So maybe His did also....that's all I'm getting at.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Let's be real here yes he resigned his coaching job and probably can't salvage his public image enough to gain employment but he isn't going to be in a bread line anytime soon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    These were a series of emails from 2010-2018. It wasnt just from 10 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ummm...this is not weird sexual fetish...at the very least it's paying for Sexual favors...and in Most states that in itself is against the law...whether You, I , or anyone agrees with it.

17. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    League Personal Conduct Policy is online bro.

18. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    If hes paying for sexual favors then that's a charge. So you're not saying anything profound. We've pretty much acknowledged he should be suspended even if no charges if he settles with anyone.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes but the one's he's being Harried over are over 10 years ago....the casting stones and all.
    Hey he's rich no matter what....I'm just saying if someone can be brought down for something they typed, or said from 10 years ago....what's the point in asking anyone 2 change ....If people can't believe it can be done....You, I , nor anyone can say if He's changed in that time.....I mean is their a time limit on change....like ....well it's only been 2 Years...so nobody can change....,or it's been 15 now ....so he's good.
    Can't ask for change if You don't believe people can.

20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    There is 3 Steps to a good apology.

Step 1: Tell them how you feel

Step 2: Admit your mistake and the negative impact it had

Step 3: Make the situation right. (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP)

The only problem is society wants blood and wants you ruined for the rest of your life, and they no longer accept apologies.

There will be no way John Gruden recovers they will not allow it.

No one brings up the fact that Carl Nassib is the only openly gay NFL player, and he happens to play (also starts) for John Gruden.

Not one media outlet brought that up. ZERO... because it doesn't fit the narrative.

The NFL only has several entertainers performing at the half time of the Super Bowl this season, who have songs about the mis-treatment of women in their lyrics. Nothing brought up about that now is there.

Gruden had minority players, coaches on his staff, worked under a woman in Amy Trask with his 1st stint with the Raiders, for years...

For some one that must hate homosexuals, minorities, and women, he sure worked with a lot of them over the years.

Society doesn't care, Society wants blood, and they currently want Gruden Blood

• Winner Winner x 2
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The Rip Van Winkle effect - not everyone gets woke all at the same time. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Nobody said I was being profound....LoL :shrug:
    Why You mad at me???
    I said He was guilty of breaking a law....no matter how it turns out...I don't make them...Hell I don't agree with all of them.
    So...:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    It wasnt just 10 years ago tho, that's the point... not that the one that was brought to the forefront happened 10 yrs ago. This is a continuous thing with him.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    The fact is he hasnt been charged with anything so hes not guilty of anything as of yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.