1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Roethlisberger Steelers Digest Player of the week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Oct 10, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well He had 2 picks last night and a fumble...
    Could have had 3 more picks, and also lost the game(same record as Us).....If He was a Steeler everyone would be calling for His Head, and wanting Him benched.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Now now, no they wouldn’t be calling for Mahomes head, they would be defending him and putting the blame elsewhere.

You should know by now that anything goes wrong win or lose it’s Bens fault and no other quarterbacks does these kind of things.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Let me know when Mahomes plays like a backup QB for 10 games before having a mediocre game and receiving an award for it. Ben should be embarrassed for being given that for his performance. It’s a pity award.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Come on now. He played well. Had a QB ratting of 120.9. Should he have received Steelers Digest Plaer of the week? Probably not. Harris should’ve got it IMO.
    If Ben can play like this or even a little better and other aspects of the offense continue to improve we’ll have a shot at the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben was 3 defensive drops away from being awful Ben. Yes, every QB benefits from those breaks from time to time but with Ben, those bad throws are a recurring theme, he got lucky this week.

I’ll agree though that this is what we need from Ben (minus those near interceptions) each week, he has to be a game manager. The moment he is needed to put the game on his shoulders, it will result in a loss.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah ...every player get those breaks, or Mahomes would had have more Turnovers last night then Ben has had all Year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's true. He had a pick 6, another pick, a fumble loss, and had 3 other picks dropped. Also lost the game.:shrug:
    Same record as ours,and further down in their Division than we are:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m laughing because it has nothing to do with Ben. No one is making the argument that other QB’s never make bad throws or have bad games.

• Like Like x 1
  9. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    True, Mahomes does not play for The Steelers. Let KC Fans hash that out. When will the Ben apologist stop with the blind assessments?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    It's classic whataboutism. Sadly, there are probably fans on this forum who wouldn't trade Ben for Mahomes or Herbert straight up.

"Ben has more Super Bowls"

:facepalm: :shrug::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I would trade him for either one of those guys in a heartbeat. I’m also not so stubborn that I can’t acknowledge when he plays better.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Is This from the guy that at the end of the game was talking up Teddy B, and trying 2 make fun...only 2 disappear as soon as He threw that pick???...Everyone that was on there during the game seen it, and if Not People can go look.:shrug:
    Also the same people that compare our Qb with other Qbs......Can Not complain when others Compare them...seems...What's the word???
    Unfair...One-sided....Hypocritical???

13. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Dude, you need to read with understanding. My comment in the thread was in response to Ender's comment that the guy made a good throw. You and others gave the impression that Bridgewater was not a QB and I think he was a formidable opponent. Page 30 of the thread.

Wow!

14. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    As long as defenders keep dropping interceptions.

QB rating hasn't been relevant in a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He played well, he played better. Move on already

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’d trade Ben and a whole lot of draft capital, players, etc. for one of those guys. However, Ben played much better Sunday than he has all season. Yeah, there were bad throws. There always have been those kinds of WTF moments with him. The difference Sunday was that he finally made some of the good throws as well, and those have been sorely missing recently. I say give him Steelers POTW just because he showed that he’s only mostly over the hill, and that was relieving to see because I don’t want this team to be a complete doormat this season.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The amount of coping going on in Steelers nation is overflowing. So many are just desperate to paint any picture that shrouds Ben's obvious decline

18. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I don't dispute that he played better, but SD POW for a performance that pales to what he could do 2-3 years ago feels like a participation trophy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Let me ask a Question.
    Is it worse than Not Giving Him the SB MVP in the SB against the Cardinals??
    You know for a fact...if it Was any other Qb they'd have gotten it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    [QUOTE="Steel_Elvis, post: 917172, member: 361"]I’d trade Ben and a whole lot of draft capital, players, etc. for one of those guys. However, Ben played much better Sunday than he has all season. Yeah, there were bad throws. There always have been those kinds of WTF moments with him. The difference Sunday was that he finally made some of the good throws as well, and those have been sorely missing recently. I say give him Steelers POTW just because he showed that he’s only mostly over the hill, and that was relieving to see because I don’t want this team to be a complete doormat this season.[/QUOTE]

Trade the draft capital, Ben has ZERO trade value. Nada. Zilch. Even if they had a mind to trade him, and they don’t, he fetchesnothing.

21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hmm....

Personally, I thought Najee Harris should have won it myself. That said, Big Ben did have a bounce back game for the 2021 season. That said, for this Big Ben to continue to stack wins for the team, both Najee Harris and the Offensive Line will have to continue to round into form. They will get another shot Sunday Night next week against Seattle; spearheaded by Jamal Adams.

Yes, yes, I do understand that Jamal Adams has had a subpar season thus far to say the least. However, not using him properly is what is leading to his subpar performances. Jamal Adams needs to be at the line of scrimmage; causing mayhem for opponents up front. That is where he shines. Why place him anywhere else is asinine.

It would be no different than having Cameron Heyward two gap on every play or even Terrell Edmunds play the Deep Center field.

• Like Like x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Tom B...Made Him say it. LoL

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    When adversity strikes again, we will see if this is from the heart.

I give him credit for trying and hope he can turn his life around but people who displayed the issues he has probably need a lot of professional help. If he is getting that, good for him, keep it up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Totally agree.
    I would like 2 see that he is turning His life around (even though I can't root for Him anymore).
    I don't wish bad on anyone....Well longer then it takes us 2 beat them on Game day. After that I wish them Well. LoL

• Like Like x 2