1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Updates

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Alulu Out For Year

JuJu Out For Year

Tuitt Hasn’t played all year no idea when he is due back

Banner Hasn’t played all year but practicing and might be back soon however I don’t believe it’s a sure thing he starts regardless.

Mcfarland Hasn’t played all year no idea when he is due back and with as bad as Our backup RBs look we might need him!

Bush Groin injury already missed 1 game this year and might be out more.

Sutton Groin missed last week hopefully he’s back this week.

Najee just had cramps I believe

Washington Groin missed last week hopefully back this week.

Carlos Davis been hurt all year no idea when he’s due back.

Quite the list for 5 games into the season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Baltimore says hold my beer! San Fran says that they have done that already. The Giants, not wanting to feel left out, grabbed the final seat at the bar area!!

In all seriousness though, tough break for sure though I would rather be us then the aforementioned.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    There has to be someone out there FA WR better than Cody White.

4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Anthony Miller

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    A simple fan as myself is not questioning todays professional athlete's tolerance for pain but do you think maybe because of the speed of the game that these players...no matter the position...need to be @ 100%?

Does the team and injured payer get an independent doctor to assess that the player maybe risking long term health consequences

I am dating myself but I remember in the 70s and 80s the players seem to take a shot of pain killer and play even with a broken leg.

It still amazes me with the style of Walter Payton's game....that he missed so few games over a long productive career.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    They're cheating nature with the training and "supplements" they take. Maybe the human body isn't designed to take that kind of stress and things just break down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Jack Youngblood broke his leg just before the Rams 1979 playoff run and never missed a game. He played against the Steelers in Superbowl XIV with that broken leg and even went and played in the Pro Bowl the next week.
    Dwight White was in the hospital with the pneumonia during the week of Superbowl IX and lost 20 lbs. He checked himself out of the hospital on game day having a fever of 101° and proceeded to sack Fran Tarkenton for a safety for the only score of the first half.
    Ronnie Lott was facing bone graft surgery for a smashed pinky finger but he decided to just have the broken tip of it cut off to avoid missing any playing time.
    Players back then were a different breed than today's players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think it's a combination between learning from former players mistakes, and sports medicine being leaps and bounds better than it was in the 80's. I do think that less conditions as a team is contributing to the rise of groin and hammy pulls though.

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    We need to hire the groin whisperer hahahaha

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Then they will be in the same problem Watson is in. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I remember her from high school. Then my friend married her. Big mistake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wasn't Tuitt in the practice facility on Friday with a knee brace and doing drills?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes. Terrible 2 see a friend do that, but I have also seen the same

14. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    We can say the players of yesteryear were tougher; how many of them are fully function 60 year olds as opposed to being dead, vegetables confined to wheelchairs and barely able to even speak. Some of those guys may have ended up in that condition regardless of football, but man, a lot of those guys are in horrible shape.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You mean a hooker?

• Like Like x 2
  16. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    not advocating for a Watson deal but whomever it takes

17. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    not advocating for his services hahahahaha

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    When the CBA made their demands years back, this has made for players
    not ready for the physical demands of Professional football. And throw in our trainer/strength coach
    who doesn't seem to have our guys prepared for these physical demands. You see injuries and top
    that off with 300 pounders able to run 4.8 40's You have injuries.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The CBA made demands? Say what

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He left out Watt missing part or all of two games and being limited for a third and Highsmith either being out or hobbled all five weeks so far.

The Ravens have also had some insane good fortune in games to help make up for the injuries. Last night was just the latest example.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    haden as well for a game and not up to par the first game back. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Could not agree more. It actually confuses me. Has the human body somehow changed since the 70's? I doubt that. What has changed is the culture of the NFL. Now it's all about protection of long term health it seems. I guess they are right and if it was my son I'd want the protection but I sure as hell miss the old NFL.

• Like Like x 2
  23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Injuries are part of the game and they hurt every team but there is no doubting the Steelers have really had a tough run since the middle of last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    It's all about the money now. Players are investments. They don't want to risk contracts and owners don't want to hurt their investments in them. Players back then didn't make squat. They also had part time jobs in the off-season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I think the problem is two fold (possibly 3 for us).

1. The professional athlete over time has continued to just get bigger and stronger and faster due to Genes, supplements and everything else. YOu can continue to get bigger and stronger and everything but the human body and frame can only handle so much. While the bodies are getting bigger and stronger the mechanical aspects of the human frame are still the same. Kind of like sticking a ferrari engine into a fiat. Yeah its gonna be crazy fast for a very short time but its going to destroy the body and frame.

2. When the CBA's happen the players keep negotiating for less and less practice/work. I get it everyone would like to work less and get paid more but you have to bring these bodies up to speed and condition. Working out at home is not the same as practicing. Practicing with pads and going full live is the only way you gradually get the body up to game speed and condition. now throw into the mix giving guys days off from practice and "rest days" and everything and it seems we are seeing more and more injuries as the season starts around the league.

3. Not sure who are conditioning coach is but maybe that is a issue as well. what makes me wonder about this is the amount of groin injuries we have. We have had borderline a bit too many for it to be coincidence. When you start seeing multiple injuries it can tend to point to poor strength and conditioning coaching.

• Winner Winner x 2