1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 10, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Good:
    Claypool back from injury had a big game
    Najee getting his first 100 yard rushing game as a Steeler
    Diontae with another long TD
    The OL blocked well
    Ben with no ints
    Pierre game winning interception
    Mondeaux with his first sack

The Bad:
    Second half defense :facepalm:
    Injuries to JuJu and Bush
    Not enough pass rush

The Ugly:
    Another long TD given up by Pierre
    Drop by Snell
    Drop by Cody White

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Harvin had 2 punts. averaged 59.3 yards with a long of 63. Did pretty well

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes He Looked way better Today

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    ben should have been picked twice. A wr saved one. Pierre gave up a td, but also had a nice break up to save a td and an int to seal the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So Teddy should have been picked 3 times, but He wasn't...should've would've, could've. :shrug:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Called out when it's bad not mentioned when it's good.

Nice stat grab.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Ben was average to bad, good thing they played a beat up team with a weak QB. Ben's a turnover waiting to happen.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And You My not so friend are a ....never mind....You are beneath this reply

9. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    You're angry because you see it, too. Ben's throwing ducks and holding the offense back.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not angry. I'm besides myself with exasperation at the dumb things people say....truly that is all. You couldn't make Me mad...I would actually have 2 care what You think.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ben made some mistakes today and I was quick to point them out based on the way I feel he has played this year. But dang he did have a pretty good game today and if we’re going to criticize we also have to give props when he does good.
    The OP is just a miserable person that is more concerned with being right about their doomsday predictions than being a fan and rooting for the team. Type of person that can’t handle adversity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winner.
    We had another show up during the game 2 spout off about people saying Bridgwater wasn't any good..well what do they say now...as soon a Teddy B threw that pick....poof....He disappeared. LoL.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Ben definitely played average today and more of a game manager role. Hopefully this is his role the rest of the with the offense leaning on Harris and the run game. Tonight was the first time that I actually noticed Canada's scheme trickling into the offensive playbook, especially in the first half. The PA screen to the TE that went opposite side of the fake jet sweep is a stable of his scheme. Actually seen more of FB Watt today, especially in the first half.

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    This was probably Ben's best game this season, his worst play was holding the ball too long on the sack/fumble, the two TDs were good passes from him not ducks. His pass attempts was under 30, two bad drops by White, and Snell.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    James Pierre he needs to stop trying to play these receivers with bump and run coverage, once they get by him it's over, he doesn't have the speed to recover. At least he redeemed himself after getting burned for another long TD, with a int at the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Ben and Bridgewater weren't that different today. Both have limited arm strength.

The difference was our D was better than theirs.

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Still not worth a draft pick. One game he hits a 60 yarder, another a 20 yarder. Big deal. IMO>

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The best 3 drops today were by Denver as Ben was very accurate to the wrong team. That's a fact. Glad they didn't catch them but extremely poor passes that should/could have been turnovers and changed this game around. I guess that is why they play defense.

19. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Agreed, it was his best.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Losing track of a receiver to allow the Broncos' second touchdown was a huge mistake. I'm fairly certain it was Edmunds, who dropped off into the vicinity of where Pierre was covering Sutton rather than play the wide-open receiver at the goal line.

Edmunds was also very lucky he wasn't called for pass interference on the third-down play before Pierre's game-clinching interception. He made contact and never turned around for the ball.

The truly ugly today the team suffering more injuries. It is no coincidence that the defense faltered once Bush was out of there. There are so many things they can do with him in there that they can't with Spillane, who played poorly. I'll point to two plays by Spillane. One was a pass to Sutton. He read it perfectly and should have been able to make a play on the ball, but he was just too slow. He also squared up with Javonte Williams on a running play only to get shoved backward for another six or seven yards. If he can't even make tackles when he is in a position like that, he has no value at all.

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Good: no Benny lava posts

Bad: one player from offense and defense go out and the team falls apart

ugly: I fear this team is headed for .500 now and Tomlins legacy will carry on lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He was drafted in the seventh round, if they drafted any other position in the seventh round that player wouldn't be contributing to the team.

• Agree Agree x 5
  23. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I think the reason we didn't get a lot of pressure on Bridgewater was due to them keeping their TE in to block. Tomlin alluded to that in his post game presser. By doing that, it took Fant out of the passing game. So Denver traded off having a top receiving threat in order to help neutralize our pass rush. Life is a series of tradeoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    luckily odds are slim this year we end up at .500. we either finish a game below or up.

• Like Like x 1
  25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    good: najee 100 yard game.

bad: okrafor back.

ugly: injuries.

:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2