1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the broncos rebound

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Oct 10, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They had no interest in bringing him back, he probably wanted to move on too.

2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    We disagree. That's fine. I wouldn't count on Tuitt for anything. And next year Alualu will be in the DL mix again but he's another older guy with some injury issues. Buggs, Mondeaux, Wormley, and Davis are JAGs. I want to be better up front so the LBs have more freedom.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They might need another guy, but there will be more pressing needs to use a high draft pick on a DE.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. We did run much more under center than all Year...Plus if We did...it's Because We had a lead all day...not being behind all game You can run a lot of things You can't Usual run :shrug:
    No???

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You can say that about every Qb that doesn't win the SB this Year.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I still don't think the Steelers are a good team, But look...Only ONE game behind the BIG BAD BROWNS! Browns are this, Browns are that, Browns are blah, blah, blah.....

Browns are Over-rated! Roid Boy Garrett and the Chargers just hung 47 are that supposed great D!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He held him in check last year too! Some guys play good against different players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    This^^^^ and I wish people understood what I'm saying about the draft and FA next year. That draft will not answer our QB issue. People need to realize Steelers are not going to pass in FA on a QB. Because they are simply not going to wait a couple years to draft one.

9. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Very encouraged that O line has continued to improve week after week. It's nice to see positive runs! We may very well well gain a game on division this week.

10. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    The steelers played good today. I thought overall ben had a good game. Najee was unstoppable. We should beat seahawks next week. Wilson is out I see us winning this game.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, I think they have played an improved game based solely on the outcome. However, will someone please tell me who in the hell is calling the plays on 3rd down when we need 4 yards and we throw a 1 yard pass that, wait for it, ends up short and we end up punting? Stupid. Good win but we have stupid play calling IMO>

12. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    Yes that was bad play call I agree.

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Tyson. He’s so good and valued for our team. Great run stopper, and when him/cam/watt are healthy the pass rush is fierce. Only with Tyson can they rush 4 and be successful is what I’ve seen thus far. Tuitt is like Tyson but a better pass rusher vs run stopper. I remember tuitt healthy and he is a cannon ball… keyword healthy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    The Browns have lost two late leads at KC and LA. Those aren't bad losses. They also got screwed today on an awful PI call late that kept the Chargers alive.

15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    We either throw short of the sticks or 40 yards down the sideline, never just enough to get the first down. Maddening.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Fans complain about the Steelers LBs covering receivers, I saw Von Miller trying to cover Claypool, yikes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And lucked out again Minnesota last week on a ****ty call,In a game they should have lost so...........

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    For everyone who wanted us to fix the o-line before getting a RB, I think we just learned that 1st-round talent at the RB position makes your line look better. Najee simply has the power and vision to find daylight where the others couldn't.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It is looking like, plus a liability in pass defense makes for a real problem.

20. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    He is dynamite, only player on roster that has EARNED a full pay check this early season. My new
    favorite steeler by far. BIG MOTOR. Those 190LB db's want no parts of this 230 pounder bearing down on them.

21. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Folks you can call me a homer, and this would be true. But there is some talent on this team
    and I hope barring serious injuries we can learn and build from this roster. I never said we could win a superbowl
    but I can hope we will field a competitive team until we get much needed help to improve our roster, Which I believe
    the organization is trying to do. Remember these people getting it handed to them(OL, Db's) are getting valuable playing
    experience, now you get a QB and some (others see above) you could be on your way to competing with other playoff teams.

22. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Don't sleep on Geno Smith.... The Seahawks' offense came to life when he came in..... Plus DK, Lockett and Dissley are infinitely better than anything Denver threw at us

23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I like to give a shout out the James Pierre, everyone might want to whip on him for giving up a long TD to Cortland Sutton, but that was really a hell of a diving catch by Cortland Sutton.

1st was when Williams had a break away run in the 1st half, Pierre tracked him down a tackled him at the 2 yard line.
    Then Williams made a dumb dumb moved and spiked the ball, causing it to be backed up to the 7 yard line on a delay of game penalty.

That tackle saved 4 points, as the defense held them to a FG.

Then he got the game saving TD in the end zone at the end.

He makes some mistakes and is still learning but James Pierre is a decent football player.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Only fans that complain about this all the time are...
    1 . Just started watching football.
    2. Have watch football along time, and still don't know what they are seeing.
    3. Only has watched just Steelers games.
    4. Believe everything they read , or Hear others say.
    5. Just watches Highlights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The biggest takeaway for me is that if Ben throws more than 35 times the Steelers are going to lose. Establishing the run and staying with it will be critical this year. Defenses will eventually start loading up to stop the run and then we'll see what happens. If the receivers can consistently get separation the Steelers will be fine. If not, well, that would be problematic.

Ben played a lot better, but he still showed me nothing in terms of real arm strength, meaning velocity on throws to the outside. Some of the ones he threw were dangerously close to being taken back the other way. BTW, Bridgewater was no better. Watching those two then watching Mahomes and Allen last night was a study in contrast.

• Like Like x 1