1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bench Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2021.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If you think we would’ve stopped Rodgers in the end if we needed to then you’re crazy lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I’ll take tanking and get some beast linemen

3. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Brady joins an elite group of Brees, Favre, and Manning as the only QBs to beat all 32 teams. Ben should be included in that group since he is beating the Steelers from within!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    How many wins to stay in the top 5? 4 & no more?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Another 4th down with a swing pass 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage.... There is no way Ben drew that up in the dirt again for the 2nd straight week.

Canada lost a few points with me against the Packers. I still say he comes down to the sideline soon to be able to work with all the offensive positions during the game.

Tony Romo had a great point about how our TE are not "Chipping" and they are completing avoiding contact at the snap. WHY??? Lord knows Steelers tackles could use the help.

Chip Block

A chip block is a quick-hitting block, most often executed by a running back or tight end before releasing into a route. This technique is typically used to target edge rushers in order to stall their jump off the snap and/or redirect their path away from the quarterback. Because the block is often unexpected by the defender, a quality chip can knock a pass rusher off balance, leaving the offensive lineman responsible in good position to finish the block.

• Like Like x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    every team in the top 10 in 2021 had 5 wins or less except for Miami. Miami squeezed into the top 10 via trade. Similar scenario in 2020 where teams with picks 9and 10 had records of 6-10. In 2019 the 8-10 picks went to teams with a 6-10 record.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The game unfolds very differently if the Steelers lead at the half rather than trailing by seven. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

Momentum matters in football. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

The team playing with the lead has an advantage. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

I went out of my way to point out that the Packers were still likely going to win. They are the better team and they were playing at home. The Steelers' slim chances, however, were likely snuffed out by that 10-point swing. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If you don't think leading at the half rather than trailing by seven makes a difference, you aren't crazy. You just don't understand football.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Ben wasn't pressured nearly that much last Sunday. I think I read he was hit 5 of 40 drop backs. He just throws short to the first guy he sees 90% of the time, and misses most throws downfield, leaving far too many plays on the field.

Looks like Flacco or Eli at the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Canada's offense is a lot more than shotgun snaps and throwing the ball in 1 second to the first black jersey that flashes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Definitely a game-changer. I still think ARod would have scored as many as they would have needed, but we got hosed (unless there is a sideline view to show Haden lining up offside).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Better than what? Better than an abortion? Better than a train wreck? Better than a punch to the ballsack? Better than the week before? That ain't saying much. This is by far the worst OL the steelers have put on the field in most of our lifetimes.

I'm definitely not giving Ben a pass for his crap throwing and decision making and I'm sure as hell not giving Tomlin a pass for his crap game management, in game decisions, and choice of hire for OC. But this OL absolutely sucks balls. Period.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    And why wasn’t there a sideline view? Major network coverage, scoring play, controversial…you’d think they could show that doubt-clearing perspective.

14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    what maddog said

15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree with what you said having read all of this

16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    There is no way that the 4th down play has only the pass to Najee as an option. Ben simply misread the defense and thought he was getting blitzed so he dumped it off. That is on Ben and not Canada.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yup. The pass to Harris in the flat on fourth-and-three is the perfect example. He has done that twice in two weeks. Though the distance was shorter, it was even worse this time, because we can so clearly see Freiermuth pretty much uncovered for an easy conversion if Roethlisberger simply takes the time to look. I can't believe the first option on that play is a pass to a receiver behind the line of scrimmage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Honestly, the close-up view from above that is making the rounds makes it clear enough. It was a terrible call. One of the few things the Steelers have going for them right now is that they have a few special players who can make a game-changing play. Fitzpatrick is one of them. The officials robbed the Steelers of that game-changing play with their incompetence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I said they were better i didn't say they were all stars. Come on man improvement is always good no matter how bad anything is. WE have 4 new players on the line with 2 rookies. If they improve and continue to improve that's good for the teams future.

20. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    As I read through this thread, I'm amazed at all the people STILL trying to make excuses for Ben!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Should be a reviewable play - there's no "judgement" involved. You're offside or you're not.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :bscow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben needs to practice more if he wants to carry the torch. Hurting the team again.

24. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Keep Ben in so we can win three games and get his QB replacement in the draft. Cant do that draftng in the 20's or late teens. Lose the rst and get high draft picks in second and third round for o lineman.

25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    None of the 5 would be starters on 31 other teams. Sorry if I don't share your enthusiasm about a perceived improvement against one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1