1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers are Home Dogs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Minkah and Troy are two totally different style players. Troy was a wild man with the freedom to freelance at any time Bill Cowher saw he was special and let him do his thing. Troy's true strength was playing near the LOS and blowing up plays with sacks ,deflections and TFL. I don't see Minkah blowing up plays and throwing himself at people with reckless abandon like Troy used to.
    Minkah is probably closer to Ed Reed line him up deep and be a ball hawk, problem with that is offenses will throw towards Edmunds until their arm falls off.

Like others have said pressure up front helps the DB's and tight coverage on the backend helps generate pressure by making the QB go to that second or third read.

2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Thats my exact point. This team is going to be very bad for several years so having a Watt and Minkah will mean nothing when you have the worst offense in football. We need to spread money out to OLineman a QB if you can’t draft one WRs Corners DLineman (in case you haven’t noticed our run D sucks and Tuitt may never play again)

Way too many needs to put insane dollar amounts in two players.

3. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Minkah isn’t even close to Ed Reed which is fine Reed is a first ballot HOFer but he’s in year 4 so what you are seeing is close to his peak. I’m not overly impressed can’t tackle and isn’t making “splash” plays. The FG block was a great play but A it didn’t count and B it was a fluke.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He literally turned the defense around the moment he stepped on the field. Do people really not remember that? Butler got a ton of accolades afterwards but he owes it to Minkah.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    we can be last in the division without him just as easy as being last in the division with him.

This is no slight on Minkah. Quite the contrary. It's an acknowledgement of his worth and the possibility of getting value for that. It's also an acknowledgement of how bereft of talent the Steelers are. Jimmy Johnson traded away their best player at the time for as many draft picks as he could get. It doomed them to an 0-16 season, but it was also the foundation the SB teams were built in. The Steelers may have to take a step back to eventually go forward.

6. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I don’t know Blast maybe 2 years ago. Not so much anymore. Our defense is not nearly as good as people portray it to be. I know we have had some injuries but so does every team.

7. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Please stop with these stupid Madden franchise posts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This