1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bench Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2021.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Like one of the sports guys said, if you're relying on blocked field goals to score points, you're not a good team.

They still lose, don't fool yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How much of this is just that all 11 guys aren't grasping the offense Canada installed?

I'm starting to think Canada's offense might be 75% of the issue.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    They aren't running Canada's offense, they're running Ben's.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well if anything I posted is a Lie ....please point it out 2 Me :thumbs_up:

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This is terrible logic. Big plays are part of the game. The Steelers didn't have a great chance of winning yesterday, but what little they had likely disappeared when a terrible call by the officials resulted in a 10-point swing in favor of the Packers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not this Guy....I've been over this a thousand times, but I actually watch all the Games at least twice...not Highlights, and charts . If I actually thought Benching Ben We would start Winning all Our games, and I thought He was the main problem.....I Would Be the 1st 2 say Bench Him(promise), but when I watched the plays A. Rodgers threw behind, in the ground, or over His Wrs Head when He was pressured like Ben is 88% of the time....I know No Qb looks good like that.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So We have not went under center at all this Year?????

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You have not watched any games if You think that. You can sell We are not running Canada's offense 2 people that don't watch the game, or people that can't tell the dang difference, but that is all. Anybody that say We are running the same Offense as We ran last year all game every game ....falls into one of those categories.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe We lost a AFCCG that exact way 2 the Patriots. :shrug:

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s not all Ben’s fault, but he’s playing like **** right now. I watched the game three times so….

• Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Didn't say You didn't. Let me ask you a Question. When A. Rodgers threw those bad passes....was He being rushed, or clean pocket???
    That all I'm saying, and No I'm not comparing the Qb....I'm comparing the situation. I can do that.
    Now If the Great A. Rodgers is thrown these bad passes with only the little bit of pressure He got.....How Do You think Ben is feeling after 4 straight Games of that.
    I know what about this play when He wasn't pressured, but You, and anyone that has ever done anything competitive.....If 88% of the time that's what Your getting....that's what You think Your going 2 get on the next play.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2021-10-4_19-34-19.gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't care. I'm telling the truth. If I thought that after watching all the Games. I would say so. I don't like any players more than I like the Team.

14. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019

The line sucks for sure, but there are definitely plays that Ben has time. He's lost the consistent long ball throws and even the mid-range ones. Yes I know he hit one yesterday and believe me I was loving it. But it's just not nearly as good as it used to be. Gotta have a quarterback who can consistently throw down the field in today's game. Ben (1st ballot HOFer, one of my favorite players of all-time) is just not that guy anymore. Nor is he the future of this team and they're going nowhere fast.
    Do I think Rudolph would do any better? I doubt it, but I'm thinking about beyond this season. Put him in, see if he's improved from 2 years ago. If not, see what Haskins can do with the change of scenery and go from there

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I would agree if We are mathematically out of it, or I thought Ben was the only , or Main problem.
    When , or if We become Mathematically out of it....I'd give all the Qbs a chance.

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Packers weren't generating that kind of pressure Sunday. Roethlisberger had time. He still couldn't get it done. If a guy with his experience is so shell-shocked by pressure in some games that it is carrying over into all of his games, then there is absolutely no point in playing him. His mobility is gone. His arm talent is severely diminished. He's not playing like a veteran. He's playing like a scared rookie.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They aren’t running his offense. Lining up under center and play action isn’t Canadas offense, that’s called playing QB. The bread and butter of his offense is the motion stuff and no, that doesn’t mean sending the receiver in motion. They ran it all of one series in the first game of the season and they went 75 yards for a TD.

They are incorporating bits and pieces of it but by no means are they running it soup to nuts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Bad officiating should never be excused. Officiating unfortunately is part of the game too, good or bad. But don't give me this nonsense that all of a sudden that would cause Ben to play good and the defense to stop being gashed.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Straw Man argument.
    Are they running plays they didn't run last Year....Yes, or No???
    You said Yourself they are running some of it ....well it can't be.....They are running only Ben's offense, and they are running part of M. Canada's offense. Can't both be true.
    Is it not a possibility that they are running Canada offense until We get behind. For some reason just like You said playing under center, and play action is not Canada's Offense, but ( how did You say) playing Qb. Yet being in Pistol, or Shotgun is only Ben's plays....Canada has none of them?? Funny I seen them on other Teams Canada was a OC. So I guess....1. M. Canada has never Had a Qb ,or team like He needs 2 run His offense.
    2. Every Qb just ran what they wanted 2 everywhere He been a OC.:shrug:
    LoL.
    Don't take it personally :drinks:

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    More of a slow walk

21. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    One has to wonder if part of Ben’s negotiation in taking a lower pay to come back was he cannot get benched.

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben came back to win the SB. :herewego:

I'm buckled in on the bandwagon.​

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Let’s be honest, Ben may not be a first ballot HOF. It’s his off field issue that will hurt him. However, I will give him the second run at it and he would be in. Unfortunately, he is hurting his legacy and won’t be a top choice. He will forever be remembered for retiring too late.

24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Do you have a crystal ball to know what Mason would do? Amazing. Hell, lets make you one of the Steelers coaches and all of our troubles will be over.

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    We need a win before Pittsburgh gets burned down.