1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Here You go if interested.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Sep 29, 2021.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    That's why I said we need to run an offense like his early years. Offense like the Titans. They have the best RB/power RB for it. Najee is our best offensive player so far imo so revolving it all round him wouldn't be a bad thing. And I think even washed up Ben is better than Tannehill this year.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I haven't had time to watch all of the video yet but my impression of the first two plays he covers is that in his attempts to be unbiased and absolve Ben he is throwing some real crap out there. The first bad throw to Ebron was a poor choice and seriously doubt the protecting his receiver angle. The interception he had Claypool singled up on his man with a step and PF open as the safe checkdown.

3. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Problem with that is is the defense sells out to stop everything short. That kills Najee's chances as well. And this Line needs some time to Gel as well. But as long as the offense is so 1 dimensional (meaning short plays and they know Ben cant throw deep as well anymore and he has issues throwing over the middle) the defense is going to Tee off on everyone. We are kinda stuck right now. The good news is we will get a good draft pick. LOL

4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Can’t we line up with, like, seven o-linemen? (Plus QB, RB and two WRs.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The throw 2 DJ on the left sidelines he clearly looks the safety off ....He looks straight at Him in the Middle of the field, and then fires left 2 DJ.

6. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    That's what I thought, shouldn't the pass have been below the waist and in front of receiver?

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    yes that's exactly where if he was trying to protect him..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Play #1 - BS excuse. The ball should never have been thrown in Ebron’s direction at all. It was not open, and would not have been open had Ebron sat down. If he sits, the guy trailing him is in position to make a play on the ball. I can’t see what happened to Ben’s right to know if someone else was open, but he definitely had nothing cooking over the middle.
    Play #2 - He’s right about the poor route design and awful pass protection, but 100% wrong in defending Ben’s rookie mistake. Ben’s pump fake to the left should have been a throwaway to the left. The play was dead, and should have been an incompletion. The pressure from the unblocked guy is heading right for Ben’s face, so it’s not like he wasn’t aware that the play was dead when he decided to pump fake. The fact the play was unsuccessful was on the protection and play design. The fact that it was a turnover is on Ben.
    Play #3 - Agree. Dead play. Poor design and awful protection. I don’t there was even a viable throwaway option, so Ben taking the sack was the best decision by him.
    Play #6 or 7? (The 2 man route). Throw the ball the hell away! It wasn’t there, and this whole “Ben being Ben hypocrisy” thing doesn’t take into account that Ben can’t do what he used to do physically (and should know it) and that unlike many of the “Ben being Ben” big plays in the past, there were only 2 guys in the route, and nobody was in a position to get open and bail him out.

At some point I may try to finish the tape, but I have to go now. I haven’t even gotten to the 2nd interception and the 4th and 10, which are both very much Ben’s fault. Bottom line is that Ben has become a big part of the problem. Yeah the line is awful (I’ve harped on that all offseason), and there are some bad route combos, but Ben is a shell of the player he used to be, and is providing little or no value anymore. This guy wants to pretend that Ben is still the playmaking Ben of the past, and every bad mistake he makes is someone else’s fault. Like if the pressure gets to him, he can make any decision, no matter how stupid, and has no blame.

On second thought, I won’t go back and watch the rest. I know how it ends. The Titanic sinks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yikes, this guy doesn’t know what he is talking about.

I have GameDay on right now, Kurt Warner, I think we can all agree, knows a little something about playing football and playing QB? Right? Can agree on that? Just broke down 4 plays where Ben completely screwed up, one was the pass to Harris that everyone is talking about. He had White on a post for an easy TD. All the excuses people making for that play are bs, Ben screwed up and Tomlin covered for him. Canada was right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I love what Ben has done for us, and he’ll always be a 2x SB winner for us. Great career, and easy HOF inductee.

It’s over. There are many times in the past when I’ve watched aging players who couldn’t let go, and had too much pride to realize that their bodies couldn’t do it anymore, and I felt bad for them and their teams. It’s happening to Ben now. It’s sad, and it’s also frustrating as a fan because this team never had a chance to be Ben’s final blaze of glory. It’s a wasted season IMO.

Hey Ben and company, prove what I said above wrong. I’ll gladly eat an extra helping of crow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    By the way, White for the TD on the post is exactly what I was talking about a few posts up. The slot guy was giving him the inside, and it would have been 1v1 with White having a positioning advantage. That was a high probability play for any decent QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    NFL (kickers and QB's) is really only sport where late 30's, early 40's can have some success. (suck it Brady) NHL, NBA no way. MLB very few. Golf is the only sport where you can be a winner from an early age to a late age. Tom Watson just missed winning a major at age 60. Phil M. just won on regular tour at age 50.

Absolutely a wasted season and we won't be eating crow. Won't bad mouth Ben since he's brought so much to our team but he is hurting us now and for the future.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben is hurting the team I agree. Ben is also helping the team with struggling through the growing pains. Looking at both sides of the coin gives the honest answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah ....I'm going with the show ....that still has doubts about whether Ben is a HOF...they Question it on there, and the same show that said Ben was only good Because He had Ab, and L.bell....also the same show that said We were stupid for letting L bell go...the same show that for a Week's said Seattle got cheated, and the Steelers should have lost that SB...the same Show that said that said Shawn King....that's right Shawn King was a way better Qb than Ben.....Yeah That's the show I will listen 2 for their greatly unbiased opinion ....:thumbs_up:

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Strawman arguments. He broke it right down for all to see. The Harris play you can clearly see White would have had an easy TD.

Funny you don’t believe a QB that is a HOF but the link you posted by some goofball who clearly a Ben homer that is talking out his ass, that you believe :lolol:

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I believe the goofball. Ben isn't the problem & Kurt broke down one play.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He broke down 4, I told you about one and what he pointed out was very obvious.

18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Homerism here as well Blast. Going down fighting.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Homerism is your right as a fan but won’t make Ben play any better :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I never said I believe everything that Guy talked about.
    How is it strawman argument if what I said was true of what they have said on that show. Do I have 2 find all their Quotes for it not 2 be fair 2 distrust some show that has said all of that.
    Also I, You, and anyone on this Board can Find 4 , or More Bad plays almost Weekly by Every Qb in the league, or I'm I making that Up also????:shrug:
    Heck I can Give You 5 by A. Rodgers this last game as an Example, but He Won so its glossed over.
    Also 2 Add this.. Believing a Qb that is a HOF...I Believe that is the Same HOF Qb that Lost 2 Ben in the SB.

21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    This...we need Ben to do this. Come on Big fella!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I bet if there are No additional injuries on this team.....We Win 3 in a Row...starting this Week.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Hindsight is chomping at the bit. :rules:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Where did I say you are making anything up? You just keep citing examples of other QB’s that have zero to do with Ben. Ben is up to about 10 games of bad play now, really awful play and you point to guys that make a bad throw here and there. If you can’t tell the difference between Rogers level of play and what Ben is giving us, man I don’t know what to tell you. It’s not just 4 plays, it’s game after game after game of bad film.

Warner losing to Ben is another straw man argument, what does that have to do with him breaking down a play? Are my eye’s lying to me to what he is pointing out on the screen? Like White on a post for an easy TD?

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    matt canada sucks and always did

• Like Like x 1