1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2022 NFL Draft Prospect Outlook Thread!!

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AskQuestionsLater, Sep 5, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Willis is too raw, I doubt he would play much as a rookie.

2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I know what you mean. I want to get this right the first time as opposed to being the Jets, Eagles Dolphins and Browns (of 5 years ago), whom all continuesly drafted QBs every 1-3 years. Best not to get into that cycle. Hell, we got one of those busts on our team as it is. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I like Ridder much better anyway coached by former Steeler Will Wolford at Louisville’s Saint X high school. The only better football program here is their crosstown rival Trinity which has won 27 state titles. It’s destiny for him.

4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Didn't think he would be in our range, but the way we're playing, Alabama's Evan Neal or Kentucky's Darian kinnard could very well be in play at OT

5. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    Georgia's Jordan Davis would be a nice addition at NT as well

• Like Like x 1
  6. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    Miami's will Mallory is just the te that can make Eric Ebron expendable

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Perhaps they could address the line in free agency and the quarterback in the draft, though I don't hate the idea of taking an offensive lineman in the first round and a quarterback in the second, which was raised on another thread.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Hamilton might be a good safety prospect, but I doubt the Steelers will be drafting a safety in the first round in 2022.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Keep in mind that said post was created a while back; a while back that I also had realized that the likes of Hamilton would not be within Pittsburgh's reach barring something unforeseen. Even if nothing did not happen to Kyle, Kevin's collegiate visits thus far has not indicated such to begin with. A QB or an Offensive Lineman will likely be in play come 2022..... whichever seems to come first.

Of the two though, while I personally would love a QB, should this Offensive Lines poor showing continue, best to simply draft whichever is the weakest of the weak links and go from there.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Just throwing this out there: if we “earn” a top 10 draft pick this year, and there is no QB worthy of a high first round pick, then this is an optimal year to try to trade down. There are two potential tracks to take by doing that. 1) try to add 1st round ammo for the 2023 draft with a goal of positioning ourselves to take a QB, or 2) add a 2nd this year (and probably some additional 2022 or 2023 picks) to get solid talent at multiple positions of need (O line, corner, etc).

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I automatically go with O-Line...
    IMO....Last thing We want is a Rookie Qb behind a terrible O-line.
    Nothing says Bust Quicker..
    If We are that Bad , and Draft that High ....Whoever is Qb on the Team should stay, and take their lumps while We rebuild the O- line....then look for the Qb of the future. Just My thoughts
    At least IMO

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Just because you draft a QB early doesn’t mean that you have to play him right away. In my view, if you have a Qb available at your pick, and you believe he’s “the guy,” you have to take him and then make sure that you manage his growth accordingly, even if his first season is a redshirt year. But you only do that if he checks all the boxes. Franchise QBs are too rare to pass on.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I Hear what You are saying, but How many Of these Drafted Qbs actually get 2 do that....even if that is the intention by the Team...:shrug:
    So more than likely....said Qb will be playing sometime that Year.

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This is exactly right. Spend some of that cap room on help for the offensive line. Focus the rest of the draft on both lines, because the defense needs help up front, too.

That said, they need to be fairly certain they are taking a franchise quarterback, and this may not be the right year for that. If they can get a stud to anchor the offensive line for the next 10 years in the first and roll the dice on someone like Pickett later, I'm all for it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

If Green doesn't work out at center, this guy would be a good option, he's already wearing the same colors as the Steelers :hehehe:.

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Last time I wanted a Lineman from there it was Robert Gallery, and We Took Ben instead....LoL

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Iowa seems to produce good OL since Gallery left there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Cornerback could also be a major need heading into the draft next season. How high is dependent though on Pierre's progression as that is something to monitor for certain. Here is hoping he can finish strong as his current outings have not been favorable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I messed around with the PFN Simulator some this weekend. In which begs the question, how often do they update their rankings? Spensor Rattler has a better chance of playing at UCLA or Pitt than any NFL roster.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    QB still appears to be the number one need overall still. That said, Carson Strong is looking more and more of an appeasing option.

21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Ebron has made himself expendable

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Friermuth has already made Ebron expendable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Got to have the Qb that is ready from the get go.

25. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    As much as QB will be a need, I hope they don't draft a QB high because they feel they should. Wait for a guy you love. Missing on somebody will waste much more time than waiting.

Just keep rebuilding the team. I'm not naive enough to know that you gotta go through rebuilds sometimes. We're all big boys, we know the score.

• Winner Winner x 1