1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Here You go if interested.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Sep 29, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I already posted this, but I don't remember what thread.
    So in case any want 2 see, or are interested.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Tldw?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Come on man... You know how it is going to go from the first pass EXCUSE to Ebron.

Ben missed him big time; there is no excuse to throw that far behind him. There is not a TE in the league that could have caught that badly of a thrown ball.

You lead him and make him make the tough catch and take the hit; you don't throw it 5 yards behind him and try to make an excuse.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    On Ben's first Int who is he trying to throw the ball to?

The video clearly shows all the receivers covered, but doesn't explain what Ben was trying to do with the pass. Or did he just lose the ball?

5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    What the hell... Where is the 4th and 10 play???

6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Yup, Claypool had inside leverage on his guy but of course, that was the deep middle of the field, and Ben is afraid to throw there.

7. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Also, on that 2nd play, the corner blitz, should have been a hot read by Ben and that wide receiver, right?

8. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    He looks a lot like Bens couisin Brad.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Not if you know that Ebron hears footsteps. You babysit the big soft Oops. He probably leds JuJu, Claypool, Washington, Muth there.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yeah don't worry about the Bengal standing there in the middle. Claypool didn't care he can jump.

11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Lmao at this guy. Tries to make the claim ben was trying to protect Ebron
    by throwing high and behind. That’s not how you protect your receivers. That’s how you get your receivers destroyed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't make the freaking video. LoL. I posted it thinking some may want 2 watch it. Geez.
    LoL .

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What the Hell is a couisin???

I don't know the Guy. I watched it, and thought some might like 2 watch it. :shrug:

14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So according to this it's the o-line and OC fault. He makes a good case. I don't watch the all 22 for every game. I would need to see a breakdown of previous years protections vs this year. Because watching in real time it seems like Ben has enough time more times than not. Yeah, this isn't 5 years ago where he would sometimes get 5-6 seconds.

This did confirm my believe in the play calling and routes are terrible. Never have anybody over the middle of the field.

This terrible offense is the result of 3 things being below average not just one deserves blame; o-line, OC, and Ben. In Bens defense he's too old and limited to overcome a terrible line and play calling. But he could've retired if he didn't want to be criticized.

I don't get why we got an OC who needs a mobile QB to run his offense when we know Ben can't run. We needed to dumb the offense down and run something like his rookie years. Heavy run to set up PA. It looked like our defense was going to be good enough to keep us in games before the injuries. Haden doesn't play and our secondary is screwed. This year is a mess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If you are protecting then you throw it low not high this guy is crazy.. You never throw high to protect a receiver , i stopped then..

16. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I've said this to death in lots of posts. Don't Blame the OC. He is stuck with Ben and doing what Ben wants to do. Its been that way for over a decade with every OC that comes in here. Ben is not a student of the game. He doesn't read defenses doesn't know what to do ever. Thats why he played sandlot football. Thats why he doesn't hit players in stride hardly ever cause to do that it has to be timed you have to know where your going before you see it. It's also why Ben is trash now. He doesn't have hardly any of the talents he used to have that got him by.

Name me one time anyone has ever heard Ben talk X's and O's ever. I cant recall ever hearing it (doesn't mean he hasn't but i cant recall ever hearing him talk intelligently about the game).

The line play is terrible but the O line has under performed most of the time except for when Munch was here (that falls on Tomlin for not getting better coaching). I can say that with confidence cause of Munch. As soon as he came in he elevated the play of the line with the same players from the year before. Since he has been gone the Line play and development of players has been lacking again.

17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I agree with everything you said. I guess my point is run an offense that actually gives us a chance to win instead of forcing Ben into a mobile offense. It makes no sense.

I would've told Ben it worked for a bit but everybody figured out the short passes. It's a mobile league and you can't run. If you want to comeback we're going to have to play like your early years. He won a Super Bowl with arguably one of the worst o-lines. We're paying this FB all this money and drafted a RB in the 1st. I'm lining up man on man and playing power ball to set up some PA. If we can't get 3 yards a carry then seasons over.

18. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Much Thanks man! I was begging for some ALL 22 action or someone at the game to see the $ angle view that at least allows us to determine if it was scheme, personnel, or execution. :herewego::steelflag:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Problem is Ben does not have those skills any more to do that. Other teams know it and that's why they are teeing off on him. Even with a amazing O line we would still have some issues cause there is no threat of surprise (the defenses know we can only do certain things). Not to mention Ben stares down his receivers (thats why he uses the pump fake, cause he cant look off the DB's).

And they aren't going to Tell Ben anything. Ben tells them. For all the talk about Tomlin and his coaching abilities this mess of being stuck with Ben is solely at Art's feet.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He can't look off a Safety...OK....now You are reaching. He has looked off Safeties for 18 years....the only reason He may now not be able 2 look off Safeties is because He doesn't Have time.
    Not trying 2 be mean , but where do some of You get these crazy Ideas???
    If that sounds mean...I'm truly sorry. :thumbs_up:

21. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018

I get them from watching him play. Kind of goes hand in hand. You don't pump fake if you are looking off a DB. Ben has always starred down and directed his receivers. It's part of the sandlot style of football he plays. Looking off DB's is more of a cerebral approach to the game (not a Ben strength or skill at all).

And no i don't think you sounded mean. you didn't insult me other than maybe saying i have crazy ideas (crazy ideas to me are when someone spouts off something and cant back up the reason for what they said right or wrong) which i believe are truths from watching the game played. I am always up for debate and information to be proven wrong. I don't have to be right but i state what i see and believe. Just good intelligent discussion. :)

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will just give You one game . Go Look at the 1st game against the Bengals last Year. He looks off the safeties many times.
    I'm sure You can find this.
    Not only do You see Him do it the announcers state it.
    You actually have 2 have time 2 do this.

23. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He can't hand the ball off and occasionally throw?

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Problem is most of his throws are very short and alot like running plays so the defense crowds everything. Ben has no tricks up his sleeve to keep the defense's honest.

25. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018

Just went thru that game and saw two times he pump faked. didn't see him look off safeties at all, didn't hear an announcer say that he looked off a safety. I saw him stare down his throws almost every single time. Maybe i missed it but i didn't see it. Pump faking is a similar tactic to elicit similar results but still not the same. And by that i mean cause it's the poor mans way of doing it instead of learning what the defenses are trying to do and use it against them. I think we are talking similar things but you just want me to be wrong cause you want Ben to be this cerebral student of the game smart Qb which he isn't and never has been. He's a Guy that had tremendous physical talent for a qb (like once in a generation talent) but he never had the brains to go with it or if he did he never cared to use them or apply it to his craft. If Ben didn't have such amazing physical gifts early on he would not have lasted a season in the NFL. And as i have said its an absolute shame to think of what he could have been had he applied himself just a little.