1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Cheerleader Tomlin EVER been a "good" head coach? I say no ..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Burgettstown Bob, Sep 28, 2021.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Bully? Hissy fits? I don't respond to most of your posts because they're not worth a response. I also don't get the popcorn reference. I think I was absent that day.

• Like Like x 2
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He's a wannabe Seinfeld.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Why does it have to be considered novel or ground breaking by you or say Glenn to be worthy of a post? If you don't agree with the topic, then fine don't respond to it. But the fact that you and other people have to make a smart ass comment every time someone posts something that doesn't meet your standards is just as bad as what you claim Tomlin bashers do.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :beathorse:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I saw a lot of homeless people in Pittsburgh last weekend. Several of them had phones. Maybe one of them started this thread?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Exactly the kinda response I expected. Be careful when your step off that pedestal, it's a doozy.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Because Stone Cold said so.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Wow Genius Response.

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I don't know, sounds more like something someone from Missouri would do.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you’d been paying attention you’d know that I wanted Tomlin gone a couple years ago and I wanted Ben gone after last season. I actually agree with some of what you say about Tomlin, but dang dude it gets old after a while.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’ll Burger Bob is from Pittsburgh area.

12. Burgettstown Bob

Burgettstown Bob Active Member

Sep 20, 2021
    Thanks. I'm still learning the ropes. I think it's worthy of pointing out that this "Bully" is an obviously confused and bitter, senior citizen. Regardless of whether it's because he's failed at life and realizes that it's too late to turn back the clock, or because it now takes a prescription for him to be able to satisfy the Ms., it appears as if pappy is trying to compensate by self appointing himself as a hall monitor on a Steeler forum. Members either don't have enough posts to have their own opinion, or those opinions appear to confuse Grandpa as he blindly walks through life thinking that "Good Coach Tomlin" isn't being treated fairly. At least he has his bff Sleepy SteelerGlenn to share his woes with. LOL.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I was going for funny. Guess I missed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe we can get Barry Alvarez?

15. Burgettstown Bob

Burgettstown Bob Active Member

Sep 20, 2021
    Sincere question, SleepyGlenn: Is there any chance that your "supposed" discontent with what I have to say is more about you being old and unhappy with how your life turned out?

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nailed it. I’ll be back after I kill myself.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Screenshot_20210928-181857.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Lots of pent up anger for the senior citizens Peabrain Bob. Your mom not letting you use the car?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Confused? No. Bitter? No. Senior citizen? Not yet. Unhappy with how my life turned out? I’ve had a better life than most can dream about. You’re still learning the ropes? Yep, and not well at all!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The quality of my post was what your thread deserved. You have been posting thread after thread to express the same idea, and then you went ahead and quoted yourself because you didn't get a response quickly enough. That sort of neediness deserves to be mocked, so I was happy to do the mocking.

Sis? Is that supposed to be an insult? Spare us the jabs you learned in first grade. Between that and the gay joke, it sounds like you have some unresolved issues that you might want to address, but this isn't the place. It can't be easy for you to go through life feeling threatened by women and people who are older than you.

I called for Tomlin to be fired three years ago, but I can also acknowledge that he is a good coach who has earned a significant amount of success with the Steelers. I just think it is past time for him to move on. Every coach reaches that point. The difference between you and me is that I'm taking a logical approach to evaluating Tomlin and the current situation while you are simply spewing hate-driven ignorance.

The bit about winning with Cowher's players is tired and it isn't nearly the winner you think it is. That Super Bowl team went 8-8 with Cowher as head coach in 2006, which included a 2-6 start, and needed to win four out of five when their fate was pretty much sealed just to get to .500. Either results matter or they don't. You seem to want to pick and choose which results are relevant and which you want to ignore based on your favored narrative. That sort of lack of logic and reason also deserves to be mocked.

Do you really want to compare sheepskins? By all means, share your academic resume with the class. In case you didn't realize, getting your sheepskin means getting your degree. I didn't want to assume that you comprehend idioms. I guess it's possible that you have a reached the same level of education as I have, or surpassed it, but if that is true, you should sue for your money back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well why didn't Cowher win more with his players then? He also didn't put those teams together by himself, he had two good GMs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Once a day? Really, and we're supposed to take you seriously.:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  23. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Twice a day Bob. Broken clocks are right 2 x a day

• Like Like x 2
  24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

He's must have one of those broken military clocks that maybe one us "old timers" handed down to him. He's totally confused about the 13-24 part though thinking it may have something to do with those days of the month perhaps. He's a millennial though so he just asks Siri anything he wants to know. Even she is confused about his all of sudden hatred for MT and noodle arm Roethlisberger. One of her responses was probably, "Do you mean Ben Worthlessberger" to which his response was probably. Wow- That's original.

Time to get back to Flippin burgers there Bob. Your GED is still waiting for you. You can do it!

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I disagree about the GM's. Colbert was brought in to go get what Cowher wanted. Just felt like Cowher held more power once that happened. If Colbert is driving the ship now, he's done decent but definitely has had some blunders.

• Winner Winner x 1