1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Cheerleader Tomlin EVER been a "good" head coach? I say no ..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Burgettstown Bob, Sep 28, 2021.

1. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Its not possible to point to a specific time when Tomlin was a good coach because all the loses are his fault and all the wins are because of someone else.

I think the worst was when he forced Ben to throw 5 ints against the Jags. Any worthwhile coach would've let Ben know who was on his team and who wasn't.

I personally believe Tomlin doesn't actually know anything about football. It's pretty obvious that Joshua Dobbs has been calling the shots the last few seasons.

Do we know if Tomlin actually understands the game of football or is he just wearing sunglasses and listening to a podcast on the sidelines?

We'd have atleast 3-4 more superbowls if some of the brilliant football minds of this thread were leading the team.

/end

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Someone has a lot of time in their basement.:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Post what ever you want, but don't be surprised when people clown on you.
    This happens alot, new guy shows up and wants to start "Tomlin sucks" threads like he just stumbled onto some new creative idea. Meanwhile the rest of have already debated this over and over. Heck we even have some vets around here who can't move on to the next subject.
    Maybe start a thread for only new people or people who have been living under a rock where you bash Tomlin nonstop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I think we need a topic called things that Glemm says it's ok to talk about. Since being TSF supporter apparently means you think you run this place.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Glemm's doing fine. :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Burgettstown Bob

Burgettstown Bob Active Member

Sep 20, 2021
    Got it. So, due to some lifeless individuals who have had a lot of free time to waste on this forum over the past decade plus, us new(er) folk are supposed to not be repetitive about $@1% for brains Tomlin and Noodle Ben sucking because you have been hearing fans say that for at least the past decade plus? Yeah .. that makes a lot of sense. How about when they both quit sucking for the same old s#@!, we'll quit talking about it then?

Btw, it only appears to be you and 1 or other 2 Tomlin/Ben groupies who seem to take issue with this reality. Everyone else seems to agree. Imagine that. lol

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Are you at his house? Lol

8. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Cause of the situation he walked into. Again see Barry switzer. Only difference is even Jerry jones was smart enough to realize that mediocrity isn't good enough in the NFL (and yes i hate giving Jerry Jones any credit). Tomlin is not a good coach. He hires terrible coaches and he fails to prepare his players and team and staff. His situational football is some of the worst in the NFL ever. Almost 20 years in and still can't time manage a game let alone win a challenge. Have yet to see him hold anybody accountable for anything. The closest we have seen was the really upset tomlin who was going to unleash hell (we all know how that went). The mans specialty is the secondary!! We have yet to produce squat for a secondary player under him, not a single one!! He is a coach that players love but that's not a good coach. Thats a coach that players (especially todays entitled divas) love cause they don't have to put the work in. I am guessing you choose to ignore all the drama there has been behind the scenes that started coming to light in the last few years.

Dont worry Tomlin will be gone one day and he will get another head coaching gig that is true. Then there wont be black and gold colored glasses to blind anyone from the truth. Tomlin is nothing but one of the luckiest coat tail riders in the history of the NFL. And yes there was a time when i supported him and was blinded to all this by the "stats" you mentioned. The team won in spite of Tomlin not because of him!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    That's a lot of excuses in trying to downplay each and every end result.

10. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Or some might call it a thought out approach to the things you listed and you simply came back with "im taking my ball and going home" lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So, now YOU'RE the lifeless individual who has a lot of free time to waste on this forum?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    Check it out ^^, everyone. Looks like I struck a nerve with Mr October 2011. Lol

No man, seriously. No one is going to diss me and my boyfriend Glenn's Cheerleader Tomlin love. Grrrrrrrrr .. I'm tough. -- santitsteel

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This almost made sense........almost

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    If it doesn't make sense maybe it's because I'm talking too fast for you, Gramps. Louder, slower, or both? See below ..

santeesteel
    TSF Supporter
    Male, 63

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  15. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Do you think George Seifert or Tom Flores weren't good coaches either?

These are excuses in trying to somehow say a person with 15 years of sustained of success that has been topped by only one of his peers and equaled by maybe a handful is somehow unworthy or undeserving. I'm not even saying Tomlin's a great coach, nor am I saying he hasn't reached his sell by date here either and should go, but to deny he's at least a "good" coach? C'mon.

When you have to write a TLDR tome to explain your "thought out" position, you're clearly having to try too hard.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    "Any broke dick with a phone can create a let's hate Tomlin thread."

The Book of Glemm

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Since Cowhers players have retired has this team not been on a downward trajectory especially in the playoff? Now that Ben is toast how does this team look? Get used to it unless we draft the next Ben in April.

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Or maybe, just maybe none of your nonsense makes sense because it's already been spouted by dozens of others through the years. Come up with an original reason that Tomlin sucks. Like, maybe, Tomlin sucks because he sired an egghead named Bob from Burgettstown!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    The problem with discussing Tomlin is those that love him will defend him and those that hate him want him gone. There is no middle ground. The discussion always devolves into he's a horrible coach or he's a great coach. I think he's somewhere in between. After 14 years at the helm I think he's grown stale and needs to move on. He's a good coach. Not a great one. Noll was a great coach. Cowher was a good coach. Noll turned a perennial loser into a four time world champion. But he also had the luxury of drafting at the top of the draft for a few years. They had some great drafts to build the foundation for a great team. Neither Cowher nor Tomlin had that advantage. I believe because of that Tomlin has been exposed for who he is. He obviously cannot choose coaches very effectively. I don't believe the owner or the general manager meddles in his decisions as to who he can hire as coordinators. He is abyssal at that. When you are on the the 11 yard line and need yards for a first down you don't throw a pass 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage in order to make those 10 yards. The defenders are to close to the line of scrimmage and can recover very quickly. You don't tell the world "we fired every bullet we had". You just don't do that. This game was a horrible indication of the poor coaching that defines the Steelers at this time. I think it's time for Tomlin to go. I would love to see Eric Bienemy brought in to see what he could do. Maybe the requires a couple bad years where we draft higher and get more talent. I don't know. I don't hate Tomlin but I don't think he has anything left to share with this team that will turn this team around. Yes I know Tomlin doesn't center the ball over the head of the QB. I know he doesn't throw interceptions. I know he doesn't miss tackles. I know all that. But a coach works on those things and makes corrections. I just think it's time for him to move on. He's a hall of fame first ballot head coach. Time for him to go. Sorry if this makes anyone angry but it's just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    Can anyone else envision this ^ old timer's dentures slipping out as he one fingers his keyboard in anger? LOL Easy there, santit! I don't want you getting angry and throwing your wheelchair over a little online banter where you're already being owned miserably.

On topic: You say "my nonsense doesn't make sense". Can you be specific about what doesn't make sense to you, pappy? I've already offered to break it down for you wherever that's needed. I simply asked if Cheerleader Tomlin has EVER been a good coach? I say no. What about that doesn't make sense to you? And if it truly doesn't make sense to you, maybe you and Mother Santit should discuss whether an extra medication may be necessary in your diet.
    Also, would you say that it's commonplace for you to become confused any time things have been repeatedly spouted by others? Just trying to gain a better understanding of any potential limitations here.

21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    A reading from the Book of Glemm...

22. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Glad you think so little of us old guys

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You'll get it...Santeesteel likes to Bully anybody who talks **** on his precious Popcorn...He has NEVER responded to ANY of my posts unless, it's anti Tomlin, Then he starts name calling and throwing hissy fits

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    What it comes down to for me, is that even when Cowher's teams **** the bed, I had a good feeling that he would rectify it or somebody's head would roll. Well that was before TB came along. But regardless, I never have that feeling with Tomlin. I have no hope for this guy. The infrastructure is so broken right now.

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What doesn't make sense is, why you would think your insights are novel and ground breaking when they're , almost verbatim, what others having been saying for years. I also don't know what a santit, nor a mother santit is. You don't think Tomlin has ever been a good coach. I disagree. With what he had to work with 2 years ago, he was a damned good coach. I would agree that it's time for him to go but, not my circus, not my monkeys!
    BTW, if you ever owned anything, it would be miserably...........

• Winner Winner x 1