1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is a complete *******

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Cranny, Sep 26, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Tomlin has no gameplan it looks like, no ability to adjust on the fly, and not much of anything. As long as he is the coach things will not change much at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Does this mean Tomlin sucks?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

Not emotion at all, guy has been Captain Milk toast for years. I'm not talking Lombardis, buy Ratner progress and some foresight plus a dose of reality

They are and have been a long ways from that tier of team. My point is A2 has not been aware enough of this orgs issues, plural, many since Jax PO loss 3 seasons ago

He's an owner of a team due to his lineage not on his qualifications period

God bless him for that, honestly. Im happy if they go 1 n 16, ive been a Steelers fan 50 years now, lived through the 80

A2 is an owner due to lineage not due to qualifications period. This is not based on emotion but facts. He's been Captain Milk Toast for past few yearp p100

I've been a Steelers fan for 50 years lived through the 80s w them and recognize this team needs a complete rebuild and should've been started after the 2017 jax PO loss. God bless the Steelers way, but it's not flawless and needs to be shaken up occasionally. Dan Rooney had the guts and foresight to nudge Coach Noll out the door and the org took off w Coach Cowher through Coach Tomlin, but change is needed from HC, staff, players etc.

Most fans see this and saw this coming. Change can be difficult, I know tjis personally lol, but A2 has his head in the sand, IMO

Get back to me when you understand that

4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It pains me to say this, but at this point in time, the Ravens are a better run organization than the Steelers. Even with their recent playoff blunders.

And no I sure as hell am not going to start rooting for that team. But at least they have a plan. Hopefully that plan never pays out to a championship. Oh and they have plenty of injuries too but somehow they deal with it.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh I understand you. All of what you said. Know what else?! All of what you said is irrelevant as a whole.

However long a fan lives versus a teams success during that period is quite a proverbial basket of cherries to pick from in all honesty. The game itself has evolved since that time. Some Owners evolve with the times.... others do not.

AR 2, for even his most recent shortcomings, has kept up well. Again, get back to me when the aforementioned Owners do the same.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You know that Art2 has been the team president since 2002 right?

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s interesting considering AR2 was the team president during our last 3 Super Bowl appearances.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Take Lamar away & what do you have? A team that can't make the playoffs. Envy them all you want.

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Considering Dan Rooney was the one who made the decision to draft Big Ben in 2005, then that title didn't mean much then. Also it is widely believed that Dan overruled Art on the Tomlin hire. There was no question Dan was making the big decisions.

Basically just gave his son a title with little influence.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Hard to say. What if they had acquired a Matthew Stafford for example?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What good are arrows if the archer refuses to fire them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Dan was busy in Ireland. He may have weighed in on some decisions, but Art was team president. What about when Dan was president? Was the Chief really calling the shots?
    I’d like to know exactly what Art2 did to you.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    With their current roster, not enough weapons on offense for Stafford. Steelers are in the same boat but have the better defense. :rawk:

14. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    With the swing pass to Harris with the game on the line. He said they pretty much fired all their bullets and had no other plays left. Are you ****ing kidding me?? This was one of the most ridiculous things Tomlin has said since being the coach of this team. It was embarrassing and insulting to both the media in the room and the Steelers fan base. Tomlin didn’t even know the correct down of the play either. He said it was 4th and goal from the 8 or 9. Well no Mike it was 4th and 10 from the 11 where you still could have gotten a 1st down at the 1 yard line. Tomlin’s attention to detail on clock management and just situational football in general is flat out terrible.

It’s starting to get really tiresome hearing Tomlin say and do nothing after these games and change nothing in the games from the previous weeks. This is why I think Art Rooney made a huge mistake giving Tomlin an extension and not making him earn it after seeing what he did this season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    yes it is. I'm hoping they can somehow turn it around. Thanks for the conversation

16. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    That was kind of deep!!!! :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I tend to place blunders on GM's and coaches. They typically make most of the decisions, with input from owners of course. What I attribute to owners is the culture. We seem to have this culture right now of the status quo is good enough. There's this blind loyalty to Ben. The guy can do no wrong. He's completely untouchable for whatever reason. If Brady isn't untouchable, I'm not sure why Ben is.

This team lacks the killer instinct, and IMO, that's due to the culture created by the ownership. I have no way to prove that of course, I don't know what happens behind closed doors. That's just the feeling I get from this team based on what I've been seeing for years

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    That's what she said

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

You haven't heard yet, Rooney is giving Tomlin an extension next week

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Blaming Tomlin for a call he didn't make is ridiculous. Now agreeing to Matt Canada and coming with the same offensive gameplan the league figured out last year deserves a lot of blame. If Ben can only throw deep here and there. They would have been better just going back to the type of offense in Bens rookie years. Something like the Titans run. Heavy run to set up play action. Then take a few shots deep here and there. Problem is o-line is horrible and defense is too banged up to keep them in games. Everybody running 2 yard routes so Ben can get it out quick isn't working.

I do have to say one of Tomlin's strengths was motivating men and back-ups to get them to play above their ability. That's why he's never had a losing season. I'm just not seeing it this year. He doesn't look interested. Maybe it's Ben's play and the impossible situation he's stuck in. I guess we will find out soon how much he cares and how much pull he really has when he's looking at this 1st losing season.

21. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I was just wondering if the Moderator can just pin the Tomlin and Ben threads, that way each week the same people can just add the same complaint to it. That way fans do not have to go out of their way to start a new one each week.

• Like Like x 1
  22. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Tomlin apologists the past 5-6 years:

steelersnation.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Tank McGee

Tank McGee Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    The only question is how long will Steelers ownership allow the team to circle the drain before firing Tomlin. The team has gone steadily downhill under Tomlin's inadequte leadership. I lost complete faith in him when he put his his friend, Michael Vick, in a Steelers uniform. I knew he had no standards of decency at that point.

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    He's not getting fired, he will leave when he wants. Not sure how anybody can't see this now.

25. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    That's what did it for me. Unforgivable to let that human trash suit up in a Steelers uniform... because they're Virginia buddies. F that