1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is a complete *******

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Cranny, Sep 26, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

If Art Rooney II is clueless..... what about Daniel Snyder?! Arthur Blank even? :hmm:

2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    What do those owners have to do with the Steelers? What is your point here?

3. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Those owners have to do with the Steelers as the other 31 do; all vying for a Championship within the same sport. That is the major aspect of it all here. The biggest point here is that Art Rooney's blunders pale in comparison to those I have just mentioned.

In short? To quote the great soccer player by the name of Edson Arantes do Nascimento;

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do'

The Rooney family KNOWS what success is, how to capture it and, should push come to shove, how to regain it. I have yet to see that from the likes of the aforementioned; doubly so in Blank's case. Arthur Blank's failures make Art Rooney's look like specs of dirt on the window in one's kitchen. :lolol:

4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Wasn't that when DR was the Irish ambassador? I didn't think he was still doing much with the team then.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Could be, I'm not sure. Dan had a landline though.

6. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Not to pick a fight with you but I don't get looking at other owners that are worse. That does not make what's going on with the Steelers any more easy to take. In short I don't care what other owners are doing and their failures mean nothing to me when it comes to the Steelers. Again not trying to be argumentative here but who really cares about those guys? This Steelers team is in deep trouble. Owners, Coaches, Players, all share in this garbage that has been put on the field. As to the Rooney's knowing how to regain success I guess we'll have to see. We haven't won a superbowl for a long time. Our playoff record the last few years has been abyssal. Those two guys have NOTHING to do with the Steelers or the current ownership. I'm not saying Tomlin needs fired. But they better wake up and see what this team has become.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I mean I would say Dan Rooney knew that. With Art, I think he's been carried by that previous success and once the Big Ben regime is gone, we're gonna find out how clueless he really is. Maybe bringing back Ben this year was to delay that inevitability? He would be much better off appointing a team president.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Again, whether or not it is cared for is irrelevant here. AR 2is one of 32 Owners in the NFL. His job, like all 32, is to see to it that their team is on top by making the best moves possible for the team to have a chance.

I have already stated that AR 2 has made some blunders already. That said, given the fact the other two have and, are far worse, calling AR 2 "the worst owner in the NFL" is about as unfair a critique as one can get. Realistically speaking, his good friend in John Mara is FAR WORSE right now than AR 2 ever has been.

Overall, no arguments here either good sir!! Just pointing out the facts based on the statements that have been given. Yes, the Steelers have not done a good job prepping for life after Big Ben..... in some ways. The Defense will get better once the starters return and some of the Offensive pieces there are as well. It is not a secret on what Art Rooney II needs to do now. To state one more time; Art Rooney II can now learn his lesson should he have overruled Big Ben's return. Perhaps now AR 2 can realize that, even if a HOF QB has done so much for the team, once he hits his expiration date, time to move on.

For that matter, Kevin Colbert is already seeing to it that the Steelers will not endure another generation of mediocrity again. How so?! Colbert is actively scouting top five talent already; Malik Willis and Sam Howell. If anything, should the Steelers finish below .500, at the very least, the team will have a shot to draft Big Ben's successor.

9. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Couldnt care less, tho a great friend is a Redskins fan

Dan Rooney knew how to steady the ship, Art has yet to show me anything other than he's an empty suit, IMO

MWV

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Given the fact that AR 2 is one of 32 Owners in the NFL, making such a statement tells me that what you have stated is purely based on emotion and not logic.

AR 2 has to get through the other 31 to hoist a Lombardi. That includes being more consistent and competitive that the others as well. One blunder of his is not going to change that... at all.

Get back to me when the aforementioned understand how success is no accident.

11. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I do not believe I called him the worst owner in the NFL. He is obviously not the worst. In my mind that does not excuse what has become of this team the last couple years. So if I called him the worst owner I was out of line. But I do not believe I did

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Not stating you did specifically; others in fact.

Furthermore, I also did not state he was not infallible either. He is also to blame for the current state of affairs as he does have some control and say on the matter as a whole. All this stated, all good my good sir!

I believe me and you can both agree on the fact that the season so far is turning south quickly.

13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Steer the ship? We're talking about a guy who hits the same iceberg every week. Not to ping on him as has been done billions of time on this board, he's deserving respect for his time as our HC. However, like Ben, its time to sail on and I don't want to hear crap about who is out there to replace him. They are out there just like he was when no one heard of him either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Ben will take responsibility for not playing well because he knows there is absolutely nothing that is going to happen to him whether he does or not. Same with MT.

15. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    He doesn't get a helmet on game day for a reason.

16. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Unfortunately I don’t think it matters because we look absolutely terrible. I mean the Bengals have some talent but damn. Our D is all busted up and our offense can’t get 10 yards on a high school team. Ben needs to hang it up period. The O line sucks something bad but I don’t think Ben would do that much better if it were better.

We don’t even have a backup plan. I think we should take a look at Cam Newton. I know he’s flashy and can be obnoxious but he rallies the team. He can still at least escape the pocket and Ben just can’t move at all. Anyway I think Tomlin was saying we suck and can’t get 11 yards no matter where we are on the field but he of course can’t actually say that.

17. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes,

18. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I agree nobody is going to say anything to Ben. Heck he’ll be back next year if he wants. We have absolutely NO backup plan for QB. We’re going to waste a really good defense because we’re afraid to say Ben you suck and need to retire.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Let me know when AR 2 runs the Steelers into the ground then!!

Looking forward to hearing about it!!! :thumbs_up:

20. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    So, who's team was in a Super Bowl most recently? Rooney's or Blanks? Whack

21. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Yeah they backed off the blitz. I think it should have gone to Freiermuth

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    What's the reasoning of having a back up plan for QB when we'll be putting a 40 year old on the field each week for as long as he wants?

23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Arthur Blank...

... and look what has befallen him since!! Again,

Looking forward towards your analysis when AR 2 runs this team to the ground!!

[​IMG]

24. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Today was a good start.

25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nope!!!

Not even close!! Bad start to the season?! Sure. Far cry from years of futility.

Those two are separate! :thumbs_up: