1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is a complete *******

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Cranny, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    When asked about that screen pass to Harris on 4th and 10 from the Bengals 11 that went for a loss, he replied “we had fired all of our bullets at that juncture in terms of our play selection”
    What??? So we don’t have a play for 11 yards to get a much needed TD. How bout throw it in the end zone?
    I know our o line sucks and Ben is washed up, but we will never do anything with this moron for our coach!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Yea i was very disappointed in that comment, it sounded like he had given up just like his team.
    Keeping the same coach for 15 years is long enough, time for him and Ben to go.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually it was Ben who made the hot read he got fooled ..So no need for the Coach to throw his QB under the bus..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    He laid the loss squarely at the feet of his players but assumed no responsibility at all . He can’t be fired quick enough for me I’ve seen enough he’s not sniffing another Super Bowl ever.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Tomlin is a clown. The game began with 5 straight screen passes. Who does that? Sure blame Ben. Blame Canada. How bout the guy that is supposed to steer the ship!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OH Steeler Fan

Sep 14, 2019
    The Buccaneers coach called out Brady when he was playing bad, Ben needs to be called out too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Coach knew Brady could and would play better our staff probably already knows we have seen the best Ben has to offer so what would be the point in calling him out ?

8. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Not the best answer

9. OH Steeler Fan

Sep 14, 2019
    I understand what you're saying. If the coaches didn't think this offense would be any better than the end of last year, then they should be held accountable, and Ben shouldn't be given a pass all year.

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Gee. And I thought Wile E. Canada (Super Genius esq.) had a never ending supply of fiendishly clever calls in his magic bag of tricks. Guess not.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    While I do agree with your assessment of Tomlin, I put that 4th and 1 play on Ben. The Bengals were showing blitz so Ben had it in his mind that he was going to Harris. If they brought the house, that was likely the right decision. The Bengals didn't blitz though, they dropped back Ben didn't read the play at all, he made up his mind pre-snap and never wavered. He should never have dumped it off to Harris once the Bengals dropped back

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh I agree big mistake in bringing him back and they should adjust accordingly , but handle that inside the building ..Give Ben the option to fake a injury which wouldn't be far fetched or get Benched ..

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    God forbid you re-use a play, based on what package and look the defense shows. ****ing clown car, and Tomlin is driving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Tomlin's statement means nothing really.

For that matter, that statement is the furthest aspect from an issue and the closest to a nitpick. Big Ben's play since last season though??!! MASSIVE ISSUE.

The question needs to be as to how much longer it will be before the Steelers decide to bench Ben..... or if, god forbid, Big Ben gets destroyed all together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. OH Steeler Fan

Sep 14, 2019
    I pray they don't consider Haskins a future savior. Please don't waste years on him, even in college he was a dump off guru.

16. OH Steeler Fan

Sep 14, 2019
    I don't think they will ever bench Ben, but his body isn't going to hold up much longer. I bet Ben doesn't even practice this week.

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

If he appears on the Injury Report as DNP all week... that will be interesting.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with this, but it totally goes against the narrative that Ben doesn't read anything pre-snap

19. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    I don’t think they’ll ever bench Ben no matter how bad

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Do not count on that. Personally, I would not. He could appear on the injury report and remember, he is playing with a pec injury. Given how much punishment he took today..... look for his name to be on the Injury Report as soon as the first one shows up come.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You mean that guy who got retired by AR2?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I have to agree with this assessment. The comment by Tomlin is really, really stupid, but Ben was the one who made the decision to throw the swing pass. Even if the Bengals blitzed, and I was yelling at the TV that there was no way they were blitzing, that play had almost no chance of being successful. I think Ben is playing a bit scared and that decision is a good example.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Steelers staff has been.below the bar for years now starting w Mike

He offers very little, no real scheme or strength besides cliches n arrogance IMO

His staff needs Several replacements including himself, but Art is just as clueless

Oy vey

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    More likely Dan. AR2 counts the beans.

25. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Let me just repeat what I have heard on this forum. Tomlin isn’t responsible for player conduct, play calls offense or defense, personnel, time management, etc etc etc. anything that you don’t like he isn’t responsible for. However some how he gets credit for a super bowl and never having a losing season (he gets credit for the good stuff).

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1