1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bench Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Ben has earned the right to go down with the ship. If he wants to sit he can get “injured”.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    not touching Watson until all his legal crap is cleared

3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    For one, it's time for the owner to stop being a coward. For another, Ben's huge salary could have been used for other players this year and going forward. Yet further, there will be dead money in future years from Ben's idiotic deal this off season. There's more... and somewhere on the list is a HOF QB looking horrid in his last go around, almost certainly being finally put to rest by an injury.

Maybe instead of welcoming back a destructively stubborn, physically broken QB, we could have grabbed Darnold or some other option. Not a single damn thing about keeping Ben made any sense, it's pitiful to watch, and it hurt the franchise.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    But please for the love of god bench ben. Fake an injury or just flat out bench him. Tired of his I have to play better pressers

• Like Like x 1
  5. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Ben should have retired with Pouncey. This train-wreck goes way deeper than Ben, but he's holding this team up from finding the next qb. He's a HOFer for sure, but he's like that significant other we've all had that we know it isn't going well and there isn't a future. This season is going to be a waste, just as I feared. Fix the o-line, PLEASE! Get some guys who can run block.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Draft all O line in 2022 then qb in 2023

7. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Honestly, there is a legit chance that they will end up with a top 10 pick in 2022. There are some QB's that will be there, they are going to have to pull the trigger. It took a 6-10 season to get Big Ben, they can't miss the chance if it comes around again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm not blaming Ben for all the offensive ineptitude, but a younger set of legs could hardly do worse. They can lose just as easily with a back up as they can with Ben. I just hate that these last couple of years are going to stain his legacy. He should have hung it up after the '18 season, truthfully.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Unfortunately, Ben calls the shots. Not Tomlin, not Colbert, not Rooney.

Ben runs this franchise. He plays until he says so.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I kinda believe this lol

11. YoungstownSteeler

YoungstownSteeler Member

Sep 26, 2021
    I could not agree more. Ben has given us years of great football. Its time to see if the next QB is on team or not. I dont want to pass on QB in draft or free agency and rudolph/Haskins stink next year. Then we have 2 years of garbage football.

12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't disagree at all. On top of that, he has far too much influence on how this offense is run. There was a time when he should have and did have that much influence. But, when his decisions and preferences are no longer working, then the coach has to be a coach and either take the playbook out of his hands, or sit his a$$ down. Again, not all of this garbage is his fault, but he should be willing to make changes in how he plays because he is incapable of playing like he did 8-10 years ago.

And please, get Ebron the hell out of town. He stinks. Can't block or catch the damn ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This franchise quarterback better be a running quarterback...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    He can be mobile, but please be a passer first. None of this Lamar Jackson ****.

• Agree Agree x 7
  15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ben Fun Fact: All of last yr, Ben was sacked 13 times. In 3 games so far in ‘21, 8 times. And Chuks is in conclusion protocol, Greene is nursing a knee. Ben is throwing the ball away in 2 seconds and he still gets sacked.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The fourth and one that the Steelers punted on last week makes me wonder. Ben said he looked over at the sideline and the punt team was coming on, he had no say in the matter. I think it's a case of no one willing to tell Ben it's time for him to hang em up. I think they know who's sitting behind him and they don't trust it, but they don't want to make a serious move to improve it (whoever 'they' is). I'll never understand why they extended Ben for this season instead of making a move, except for the fairy tale 11-0 start last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I know it’s a typo, but Chuks being in “conclusion” protocol - as in concluding the experiment with him as a starting O lineman - sounds great to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Lamar is something like 32-8 as a started. And he’s won a playoff game in the last 4 yrs. I can’t imagine why you’d want that vs what you’ve been getting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Can I conclude the concluding Chuks is a good conclusion? Or have I been concussed?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I would gladly take a more accurate passer version of Lamar, someone more willing to go thru his progressions before taking off downfield.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There’s conclusive evidence that your conclusion is correct.

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They're popping up like flies.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    You know the situation is dire when fans think Mason is the savior. This is a guy who lost the starting job to an undrafted QB name Duck. Yes, the same QB who's trying to get a roster spot for the Ottawa Redblacks

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The way this line has been blocking for/protecting the QB, he better have escapability at minimum.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    well who the **** wouldn't lol

It would be a super rare talent to find someone that was a good to really good passer with Lamar's mobility.

• Agree Agree x 1