1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Find three more wins on the schedule.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I dare you.

Bears and Lions, maybe.

This team stinks to high heaven. Blocked punt away from 0-3. Saddest part is all the wasted dead cap money in 2022 for this pathetic last run.

As I said all offseason, they should have made the difficult decisions and started the rebuild this year. Now the bill is due and we're all paying for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    There aren’t many that’s for sure. This season right now is on the brink if the Steelers don’t win some games these next few weeks. They are already behind 3 teams in the division with a home loss to the Bengals and they simply can’t afford to lose too many games moving forward here or this season is gonna be over come mid October.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    They are a bad team. Injuries on D are huge but even with a healthy defense we have no offense. No QB! No RB! average WR's! but in fairness to them they would be a hell of a lot better with a top ranked offensive line.

Since 1971 the Steelers worse winning total was 5 and that happened once. We had a few (very few) 6 win seasons during that time. The Pittsburgh Steelers will not win less 6 games. A healthy defense will get us a few W's and Ben will have 1-2 good games before calling it quits. No idea who it will come against (remember the Bills were going to kick our butts) but we finish with 7 wins. Ben retires but Tomlin writes his own ticket. I'm not sure he'll remain a HC, I don't know his situation in life out of football but he will not get fired.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s hard to find those wins right now, but I can’t see this team falling all the way to a 3 or 4 win season. However, sub .500 seems all but certain at this point unless we make a Qb change and use a magic wand to conjure up some competent O linemen.

5. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I hate to say it but-

this franchise is going to need to be bad before they get good. I've no idea what quarterbacks are coming out next year, because I rarely have time to look at college football, but they need to be in position to get one OR some uber OL prospect.

There is a lot of youth on this team, so the turnaround could be quicker than some will think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We have a RB and a TE lol

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They were winning the game and had just held when they blocked that punt. Also, special teams count. That was a well-earned victory.

This team looks a lot worse than it is because the defense that has to carry it has been devastated with injuries. They were missing their entire pass rush, which was a huge break for the Bengals, whose biggest weakness is pass protection. Jones clearly either isn't good enough or he isn't ready to be more than a special teamer. Ingram looked slow. Heyward got some push inside, but this is a totally different defense with Watt, Tuitt, and Highsmith.

That said, the offense is a mess. I feel bad for Harris having to slam into a brick wall so often.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020

9. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The only 3 wins remaining this year;
    1. Detroit
    2. Najee looks like he will be good if the line is decent
    3. The season has to end eventually.

No other wins this year. :shrug:

10. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Anyone that can score 14 points against the Steelers will get a win 85% of the time

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No RB?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think the defense is going to keep more games close than some posting on the thread believe. That is, of course, only if they get healthy. They probably need to get Watt, Tuitt, and Highsmith back next week to have a shot at keeping the Packers under 30. If all three are still out, they will be over 40 points.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I tend to agree. The defense, if healthy, will keep them in most games, and perhaps will win a couple of games we have no business winning. Thinking this will be a 7-10 team, perhaps 8-9. The offense can't get much worse than today, gulp.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    I seriously cannot find 5 wins on the schedule

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    With a healthy defense we beat Buffalo in Buffalo. When the defense will get healthy they will turn it back around.

Using your yardstick as Buffalo, how many teams do you think are on the Steelers schedule that are worse than Buffalo?
    With a healthy Defense: I see 8 more wins giving Tomlin his 9-8 season.

I still think right now Mason gives us the best chance to win.

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    14 points a game on offense lol

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    If TOMLIN can go 9-8 with this team I’ll never speak a foul word about his name again!

4/5 wins max IMO

• Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    According to SNR I wouldn't expect Tuitt back any time soon.

19. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Packers, Broncos, Seahawks, Browns, lucky to win 1 of the next 4. 2-6 near the halfway point, with a just as hard back half of the schedule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Absolutely agree. I said the same thing on the game thread and got sneered at. It’s very hard to analyse this team right now because of the injuries. The Bengals must have thought it was Christmas when they saw the injury report.

We are probably 2-1 or even 3-0 if it wasnt for all these injuries. That said, the offence would still be bad and the team would still not be relevant in terms of the postseason. Their ceiling was the WC round but even that’s probably out of reach now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    WC out of reach? Hell, 7-10 seems out of reach for this steelers team. They aren't even going to sniff then postseason at this rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I should have just said a bad O-line. Everything starts there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    They are rebuilding. Isn’t going 2-15 or 3-14 rebuilding? Isn’t that how you get a franchise QB?

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The injuries played a key role on offense this week, too. Johnson is a huge part of that offense. They also lost Smith-Schuster early on and Claypool was clearly playing through something.

The strengths of the Steelers are the front seven and the receiving corps. Both have been gutted by injuries the last two weeks. Roethlisberger isn't even close to good enough to make up for a broken receiving corps and a terrible offensive line.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Link? I haven't seen that, but I did see a quote by Butler from the preseason admitting that Tuitt was overweight.