1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How is Dan Moore Doing?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PitJax, Sep 23, 2021.

1. PitJax

PitJax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That's my question. I have seen or read virtually nothing about him, but wondered how he
    is doing at LT. Thanks for any opinions. PitJax

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    It's usually a good sign when an o-lineman doesn't hear his name called a lot

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Better than ALL the other OL!!!

cajun

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Yea, Moore been our best guy so far. Chuks is the worst. We REALLY need a healthy Banner back at RT, and if he cant come back any time soon, we need to find a new one, ASAP.

Chuks isn't cut out to be a RT, and not even sure if he's cut out to be a LT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  6. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Give him a try. He cant be worse than Chuks, at least not at run blocking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well he's two games in as a Rookie at LT which you can argue is the hardest Offensive Line Position in the NFL, in terms of who you have to defend most football games.

He hasn't been glaring which is good. When he faces Myles Garrett he will have his test of all tests.

I think he has a future there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Chuks shouldn’t be in the nfl lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm with the class. At this point, I'd like to see Haeg get a shot at RT or the Steelers go to FA for one. I'm just not sure Banner is the answer. Moore has been a pleasant surprise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Banner will never stay healthy enough to find out if he is actually the answer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    That's a fair point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Myles Garrett definitley is a litmus test for any Offensive Tackle regardless of experience. That said, let us not shortchange the likes of Yannick Ngakoue or Maxx Crosby either. Minus one great play by Yannick on him, Dan has been very good.

To say he has been arguably the best Lineman on the team is not overselling it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I have been wondering about about Haeg for the last 2 weeks. He was impressive in the PreSeason against some scrubs at RT.

So Far he has ZERO offensive snaps. I know they are waiting for Banner to return, but why not try Haeg at RT during a game with Chucks showing to the world he is a complete mess at RT again this year.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Moore has been pretty solid for the most part. When he has had bad snaps in pass protection, they have tended to be very bad, but fortunately they have been infrequent. He’s definitely exceeded my expectations of a 4th round rookie playing the blind side.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
  16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Not worth starting a new thread, so since it's related, I'll add this here.

I have a lot of respect for Ed Bouchette. He's been a Steeler beat writer for what seems like forever. He is on The Fan on Thursdays and part of his commentary about the offensive line during today's show is that he doesn't understand why many writers, before and after training camp, talked up Kendrick Green. He said even during weekly practice, the guy is getting pushed around. We've seen it during games. How much of his ineffectiveness is related to inexperience as a center is hard to say, but I'm afraid that other than Dan Moore, the Steelers are going to be spending some money next FA period on at least one quality tackle and maybe one quality guard since no one knows for sure what they have with Banner. Not to mention if Green fails to pan out. I thinks it's going to be a long year for the Steelers offensively because I honestly have not seen much to get excited over the first two games.

Also says he still doesn't understand the decision to sign Derek Watt since they refuse to use him. Also said the suggestion that they signed him because of TJ is silly, and I've always agreed with that assertion. I honestly believe it's Ben that doesn't want to use a fullback. So, bad o-line, broken down, stubborn QB that won't even try different ideas that could help himself and the team and they are what they are. A squad that could struggle pretty much all season to consistently score over 20 points. Man, I hope this offense improves.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Green hasn't been all bad, he had some pancake blocks in the first 2 games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    No, but I trust what I've seen and what a guy that sees the Steelers every day thinks. Doesn't mean he won't improve. However, what Bouchette had to say sounds to me like Greene was more hype than content with a lot of the Pittsburgh sports writers.

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Kendrick's natural strength and power are not to be underestimated; athleticism and motor doubly so. The issue is his lack of overall strength and power and what he needs to do to improve it... summed up in three words; Weight Room Training. He will get better because of it but that is only scratching the surface of his current problems.

It is going to be a learning experience for him playing Center. He will get better when it comes to the finer aspects of the game. Until then, he will have his lowlights just as much as his highlights.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers took a chance on him because of his athleticism, but he's a bit undersized, and he only played center 4 games in college.

21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It's all hype until it isn't Sodfather. Greene is let's say... green.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. PitJax

PitJax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    thanks, guys, I appreciate your insights.