1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben pec injury…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    That sounds kind of ... itty-bitty.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Have not heard anything. Pure speculation. Honestly I would play Mason before Haskins or use both. I am not sure our OC is sophisticated enough to play both.

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Throw our OC into the equation & i like Haskins better myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They really haven't been using a nose tackle very much. They have played a lot of nickel with two linemen and four linebackers, which was fine those first two games. The Bills weren't really interested in running much and the Raiders were missing Jacobs. The Bengals, however, will likely be very happy to pound away on the ground, so those two-man fronts probably aren't going to work very well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm just clarifying my point and tweaking you a bit with that last bit.

I think it was a combination. They seemed to fall too much in love with that short passing game. It worked so well in those big victories over the Ravens (the first meeting) and the Titans. Teams adjusted, but the Steelers either couldn't or wouldn't adjust.

Every part of the offense declined when Roethlisberger's play got worse, which seemed to start with him hurting both knees against Dallas. It seemed as if they went to more shotgun because it was easier on his knees, which limited their options in the running game. Roethlisberger's reluctance to throw deep and intermediate passes over the middle seemed to start around that time, too. That continues to make it easy for defenses, which now only have to defend the line of scrimmage and the sidelines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i could see us using a lot more base defense in this one. :cool:

7. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    A Stripes reference? Nice one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's early obviously, but The Steelers are reportedly going with Ben even though his injury is limiting his throws.

Why doesn't this surprise me. Ben has a complete stranglehold on this team. Tomlin never sits him when he's injured. Instead Ben plays and tends to play very poorly

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It's time to stop placating Ben and start expecting him to run an actual offense. If he can't then move on. We know where this current offense leads and it isn't to success.

10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Finger crossed we will get Mason this weekend.

If Mason plays I believe we will see a Derek Watt sighting on offense with our QB under center.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Maybe we should call Deshaun Watson on this; apparently he knows hundreds of these physical therapists ready to come over and massage the area in question.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I guess it depends on who is available. Playing more base means digging deeper on the defensive line, which could be difficult if Davis is still out.

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not with our receivers piss poor effort. About 4 non-rookies on the O & limited Ben one of the few commited to winning the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I think ARII calls the shots where Ben is concerned. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the only other explanation that makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Could be. Colbert also seems to be up Ben's ass. It's just insane that he's never reigned in whatsoever. The guy can do no wrong and is allowed to run the offence in a way that limits our effectiveness

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he actually becomes a more important piece right now. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    The steelers averaged 29.4 points per game. That includes the defense which scored alot last year in those games. The offense did not average those points. The first ten games were won in spite of the offense.If the defense had not played like they did and kept scoring we wouldnt have won even 4 games. What team were you watching?

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I was watching the one that actually played, not fictional one you are trying to push to fit your chosen narrative.

The defense scored two touchdowns and one safety in those 10 games, so if you want to take those points out, the offense still averaged 28 points per game. Seriously, you should go back and watch those games. You missed some fun stuff.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Good timing, yesterday was Bill Murray's birthday.

• Like Like x 3
  20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    One post says, Art II is Ben’s backer. You post that Colbert is too. Not saying either of you are wrong. Hell, you’re probably both right. But I see nothing that makes me think Tomlin is anything less than a 100% Ben backer.

So he has unanimous support fromthe top of the organization. He’s fire proof. He won’t be reigned in, by anyone, anyhow. Matt Canada might complain in frustration, but he might as well talk to the wall.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am watching a team who ranked 2nd most by percentage for drives ending in a punt in 2020.

Only the Jets had a higher percentage of drives ending in a punt formation than the Steelers!

Which is probably why we drafted a punter this year.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You know My Friend You can actually read that a few ways. 1. We scored More Tds than Field goals compared 2 a lot...were as ...let's say We use 2 drives for example.. We score a Td next drive we punt...another team goes Field goal on one drive , and a Field goal on the next drive...See just using 2 drives We punted more , but still scored more, or You could go with ....We didn't turn the ball over as much as some. I'm not saying what Your saying is not true ,but It's not a good barometer of the team...IMO.
    You know You Could have scored a TD Your 1st 5 drives every game, and punt the rest and still win, or You could kick a Field goal every drive and still lose....especially if Your playing a team with a long TOP

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm another fan that thinks Ben is off-limits for Tomlin (don't like it). Soft Mikey lives with it & he doesn't have to. He's good enough for another franchise to scoop him up if he puts his foot down. Just my 2 cents.

Ben could have used a Noll or Cowher in his grill when stupid Ben shows up on the field. I think he responds well to adversity not involving his mouth. Chuck made it clear to Terry what was acceptable play & what wasn't. Took awhile but effective.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It does when you can't win a game at home in the NFCCG, and Brady hands them 3 ints in the second half, part of the reason Aaron Rodgers wasn't happy with the organization.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Wrong again, I doubt the Steelers would get destroyed by Brady if he throws 3 ints in the second half.

• Winner Winner x 1