1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Since it's the Monday after a bad loss...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Sep 20, 2021.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    There are some issues that I notice have not got much attention due to bigger problems...but I think it's worth noting.

#1 The officials have been allowing teams to kill our QB after the throw. At least 1 play this week and 1 last week Ben took a shot to the head after throwing the ball. No flags. There's been a clear change in how much protection QB's are getting. What happened to the guys landing on your QB flag?

#2 What's with the kick offs to the 10 yard line? We wasted time and field position on that last kick off and we did it on every kick. On the other end of it.. RayRay running the ball to the 15 yard line is getting old. He scares me every time he has the ball. He will lose a game for us this season due to a turn over. Just a prediction. I hope I'm wrong.

#3 Mental errors still plague this team. WR's quitting on a route that led to an easy INT is inexcusable from a rookie let alone a veteran. False start penalties on our WR's ... I believe 2 in 2 games already? Too many men on the field. Calling TO's because we dont have plays ready?... especially bad in the 2nd half. We couldn't even get play off after that 52 yard pass. Is this college ball?

#4 The raiders players were faking injuries every time we had consecutive successful plays. They were stopping the clock, getting players rotated, buying time, and stopping our momentum ...and it worked.

#5 Every time Harris and Pat have balls thrown to them things happen.

#6 2 QB sneaks by the Raiders were successful because we were not ready for the snap. We got beat off the ball and pushed backwards. Teams will try to exploit this the rest of the season.

#7 2 weeks in a row we were hit with 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties that were total garbage. That said we also got hit with penalties we deserved because of selfish trash talking and retaliation that cost the team big time. Where's the discipline?

#8 I think we have 2 guys that can kick a ball very well.

#9 Going into week 3 we have an insane amount of injuries to quality players. Most of them seem to be related to conditioning but being out 5 starters on defense is crazy.

#10 With the abuse Ben is taking he will not last 8 games. Mason Rudolph will be our starting QB fairly soon. If he plays well I think Ben's career in Pitt is over. If not we will have a top 5 draft pick .

I really hope this post does not age well :hmm: I actually don't mind being wrong.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Good list. Boswell and Harvin may end up being team MVPs this year.

3. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Pretty sure all the kicks went into the end zone wit the exception of the last one. Think they were hoping for a fumble.

Not sure this is the QB draft to have a top 5 pick. I also don't think our record will change much with Mason vs Ben this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The hits Ben has been taking are borderline criminal taking into consideration what other QB's around the league have been drawing in penalties. Officials continue to be inconsistent year in and year out. Most everything else you listed falls on coaching besides most of the unfortunate injuries. Alualu's broken ankle may end up being the biggest hole in the defensive ship though that will sink this team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    #5 Every time Harris and Pat have balls thrown to them things happen.

Our OC needs to get Muth more involved. In two games he was targeted 5 times and caught all 5 passes. Last year, Ebron averaged nearly 6 targets per game. Why draft him in the 2nd if we are not going to use him?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Ben's career in Pitt is over regardless of whether or not Mason plays, and even if he doesn't, we might have a top 5 pick.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    True but i doubt the top 5 pick. Top 10 sounds more Steeler like.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Unfortunately, this past 2021 draft was the best to pick a QB. 2022 class doesn't have nearly as many good ones.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    They come out of the woodwork just before the draft, every year. Qb saviors...lol

The last draft that i could find with 2 SB contenders was 2004.

Edit; 2016 if counting Wentz as a participant.

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    2022 has more questions than answers I am afraid. That said, too early in the CFB Season to tell who has separated themselves from the rest of the QB Pack. Kevin Colbert is actively Scouting QBs this season so that is something to note for sure. One thing is for certain however;

Kevin Colbert does see the writing on the wall for Big Ben. However, can he get Big Ben's successor will be the question. To find the answer.... only time will tell.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    2004 = 1983

Eli, Ben and Rivers will be HOF. Hell...even Rivers has the stats to get in even though he didn't win squat. 2021 class looks good on paper....we'll have to see how they pan out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    You want to be a contender quick let this year play out and trade the Watson guy baggage and all that’s if he’s not in jail. He will settle and be somewhere next year might as well be in Pittsburgh

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    No kind of money for that, but I was a fan of Darnold in the offseason, he's starting off OK. People give up on QBs far too early. Someone like Tua might be available next offseason for a lot cheaper.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  14. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    If Okorofor could block half way decent Ben wouldn't be getting killed.
    I would give him 1 more game, if he can't block any better please bench him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And just as fast are either let go by their team, are backups, or are out of the league. I dang sure know there were some M.Mariota, J. Rosen, M. Trubisky, C Wentz, and J. Goff fans out their .....course they won't Be honest....How them boys doing. Good Qbs Don't grow on trees.
    Better than that.....they will be some Guys that everyone says are great now.....that in a couple of year will also suck , or disappear, and the Guys harping How great they are will again .....not Be honest and Say how they thought they were great.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Houston was asking for 3 number 1 picks, and 3 third round picks for Watson, so you can forget about the Steelers trading for him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly...how You even going 2 trade for a guy You don't even know what the outcome will be with His off the field problems???

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm dreading re-watching this game but deep down I know I have to. I already know the hit on Ben is going to put me over the top again after seeing the joke of a call on Carr.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I already forced myself 2 watch every pass play by both teams in slow motion. LoL. I promise You this ....You will not see one catch by Us were You go Wow great catch, but You will see 3 by the raiders where You'll say Wow...Great catch....there is one I still can't believe He caught.

21. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Good list-
    Regarding #1-There has been more roughing the passer calls not called when Ben is the QB more than Brady, the Mannings, Rivers, Rodgers, and Brees combined.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Fans were worried about how the defense was going to cover Waller, it was Ruggs who had a big day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I know as soon as We (Our offense)made it close....Bam Huge play 2 Ruggs.

24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Watson > Darnold
    Give Darnold big guaranteed money? idk.

25. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Just have some tissue nearby, you will be crying after you see the way Crosby violated Okorofo.
    I thought noone could be worse than Big Al.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1