1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I don’t know

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Sep 19, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    How many games we’ll win this year, but I’m not giving up on this team especially after one loss. I’m aggravated right now, but I’ll be cheering the team on every game till the day I die.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    15 games to go and plenty can happen. Just glad they have money to spare if they need more depth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :drinks:

Agreed.

One loss a season does not make. That said, having more consistency with the Offense early will be key. Every game will be like this; doubly so if the team is 100%.

4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I picked them to go 7-10, and I'll stand by it. Doesn't matter. I'll watch and hope every game.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I wouldn't give certain members in these parts any ideas my Friend. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree. Everything leading up to this game spelled a Steelers win. Raiders playing on a short week, traveling across the country , Raiders injuries and coming off an overtime game. Then our injuries started piling up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Offense stinks and Defense is not deep enough to cover for all these injuries.

F it. Tank the season and get the #1 pick!!!!!!!!!

I'm only half kidding.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No defense is going to lose five starts and not lose a step.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I would like to see them go 4-13, 3-14 something along those lines. A season or two picking in the top 10 or better would do us a world of good.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This wasn't a bad loss. Just a loss. Lots of injuries on defense and an offense that is still struggling to find it's identity. The Raiders are a solid team. I wish the Steelers would have won, but what I have seen so far gives me hope. 1-1 is exactly where I thought we would be. We just won and lost the opposite of what I thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    The competitive part of me hates to think that way, but I ultimately agree. A middlin' record won't help much. They need some high end draft capital.

12. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Steelers came into the game against the Raiders without Joe Haden, Stephon Tuitt, and Devin Bush. Those were already some key losses. But to then lose Tyson Alualu and T.J. Watt during the game, just made things worst. Half of the Steelers defensive starters were injured. The Raiders offense is pretty good enough to take apart a injured defense like that. The Steelers offense continues to start off slow. They need to improve. Just have to move on to the Bengals game.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  13. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I gave us a 0.0% chance of winning a championship this year so I'm just watching to be entertained. Things I find entertaining include winning, scoring touchdowns, big gains, toughness, sacking the QB, getting turnovers, and overall smart play. So it was a very ****ty day across the board with very little of those things but I'll be watching next week, and the week after that, and so on...

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This loss wasn’t that bad, they probably win if not for the defense being hamstrung.

I actually was encouraged by them pushing the ball down the field, they just went overboard with deep shots. Now they just have to find 15-20 yard passes that they have been ignoring and maybe the passing game will start to click.

Get Harris more involved in the passing game too until the line starts blocking well enough for him to find some lanes. Good things happen when you pass to him.

Also, another positive, Muth 4 for 4 36 yards. I think today was the day they have moved on from Ebron. It was all Muth after Ebron let that 3rd down pass fall incomplete that would have given them a first down had he caught it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Good, can we dump Ebron, and move on from his salary :hehehe:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    more upset/worried about the injuries than the loss tbh.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well if You said 2 Me before the Game...You only Have Watt for 1and 1/4 Quarters....No Haden, and Bush. I probably don't pick us 2 win. I don't know for sure, but since Hadens been Here ....How many games have We won while He didn't play??

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Worst team since 2003.

19. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Ultimately, I think that's the source of most of the anger and snarkiness that has taken place on the board today.

20. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I do know…this team is gonna play 17 games in the regular season.

How many they win is tough to figure. Frankly, I thought the Bills’ downfall last week was they were too cocky. After the win vs Bills and Raiders win vs Rats, the narrative was Steelers are good, Ravens are in trouble and this Raider game be easy. Steelers came into this game just as cocky as the Bills last week.

So, I’m looking for a 35-0 beat down of the Bungles next week.

9 wins, minimum. Get your popcorn ready.

21. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I get your point... but there's absolutely no chance in Hell of that. The offense can't move the ball with any consistency. The D is missing half the starters and I'm not sure any will be back next week (maybe Bush, maybe Haden). I'll pick us to win but it'll be close and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Steelers lost.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    One game at a time. Hopefully Ben does not get too aggressive and starts throwing picks. Young guys need to gel, and Ben needs to be master yoda. They need to find their way, conservatively.

23. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I don't have high expectations. This is a young offense with an even more inexperienced line. There's naturally going to be growing pains. This is probably a 8-9/9-8 team. I don't know if the officials aren't calling holding but these first two weeks I don't recall many holding calls, and our foul starts have been by our receivers. The OLine isn't killing us, but they're surely not helping either. As others stated, hard to stop other squads with 5 starters out.

Also, wtf led to Trai Turner spitting on some Raiders.

• Like Like x 1
  24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

This was a terrible loss IMO. Injuries galore, DJ not running correct routes, receivers not getting open, Oline getting manhandled, officiating extremely inconsistent, a QB who can't show up til the 3rd qtr. A player actually spitting in someone's face and a coach that whined about it.

What part of this wasn't a bad loss?

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I don't get how we have the superior receiving core and every pass is contested. Then they got Renfro just running around wide open. We got Schobert guarding their top players in crucial situations. We have the talent. Coaching and schemes are what's failing us like it has for years. Wish Ben didn't run Todd Haley out of town.

• Agree Agree x 2