1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better at Home

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by xcodizzlex, Sep 16, 2021.

1. xcodizzlex

xcodizzlex Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The offense had a rough time on the road last week and some of those issues should improve the next two weeks playing at home.

1) crowd noise... a brand new offensive line had to operate on a silent count and not get the advantage of firing off the line knowing the snap count. I am sure their communication was lacking due to the crowd being insane the 1st half.

2) officiating... the officials were obviously ready to call holding calls (missed a ton still) but none were called on our young line which means their bodies were at least in strong positions where they didn't "look" like they were holding

3) game plan... I feel like the scripted plays should be easier to plan based on the fact that there can be communication and potential audibles and snap counts

Excited for a fun game on Sunday... here we go

• Like Like x 4
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Post reminds me of something once said by a highly rated Oline man whose name escapes me. He did an interview years ago and said holding could be called on 90% of the plays during a game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I thought that the unusual amount of holding done by Buffalo (called and uncalled but evident on TV) meant that our rush was a bit much for them. The Steelers barely even blitzed, the pass rush was sufficient.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Stink???

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I reckon for that reason you get rid of holding as a penalty.

But to even things up the D are allowed to bring weapons.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    10yds + loss of down would help even the score for the defense. Games would start looking like NFL scores again. Yeah i like defense.

• Agree Agree x 2