1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Raiders Pre Game Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Sep 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In all honesty if Chuks is playing they need to take his weakness and make it a point of attack. If he gets zero to negative push anyway let him give ground and pivot sealing the inside so Harris can shoot through the hole. Same thing on passing downs give Ben a clear passing lane to TE's and RB's on dump offs.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Before calling it Hogwash (which is a good thing where I'm at) go watch the raiders game. It matters where L. Jackson is on the field....were they leave these holes. I can't argue with someone that doesn't want 2 see.:shrug:
    Heck We did the same in the last game We played Him.
    Before You argue go back and watch Jackson...97% of the time if He goes right He only throws from the right hash marks 2 the right sideline. If He scrambles left...the same but the left. If he stands in the pocket it's going 2 the middle of the field 97% of the time. My Friend laughed at this also till I showed Him 6 games in a row this was more than 98% of the time. You know what he said 2 me. How come the other coaches don't notice this. I said one ....most coaches only face him maybe one a year, but We face Him twice so matters more.
    Don't believe Me. Watch How New England played Him ....Man across the board. No idiot would do this , but they play Him once ....so why change their complete D for a man they may....may only face once a year. Guaranteed if they faced Him in the playoffs they wouldn't have done that.
    Won't matter...they(raiders)will not play Ben this way

• Like Like x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Exactly....You use his gap integrity ( or lack thereof ) against him...If he wants to play " Hero " ball, and not follow his assignment, use his overaggressiveness against him....With the things you mentioned!

* Those are "easy " blocks also...Just take him where he wants to go...........

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I am going to be absolutely ecstatic if Ben lights up the Raiders through the air. Like, over the moon happy because it will mean we have a legitimate chance to win it all this year.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He was saying that Roethlisberger will shred them if they try to play him the same way they played Jackson. Teams do take liberties with the Ravens' wideouts because Jackson is so bad at using them. That simply isn't the case with Roethlisberger. Also, the Steelers' receivers are better than Baltimore's. The Raiders are going to have to do things differently this week.

Of course, there are also some things the Raiders can do this week that they wouldn't have been able to get away with when playing the Ravens.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yeah he can shred the Raiderz, just let him step into it. Will he is the question in my mind.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats a lot different then implying teams just leave WR’s wide open.

I posted the gif to show how fast Crosby is, he had 13 pressures against the Ravens, he will be a problem. I never said they would use the same game plan but they will need a good one for Crosby.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Line up Watt across from him on every play. Made him think - do I protect my QB or do I run my route

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m with you but…

No quarterback posted a worse PFF passing grade under pressure (23.0) or a worse passing grade overall (38.2) than Roethlisberger during the first week of the NFL season.

So, although the matchup against the Las Vegas Raiders looks enticing on paper, Big Ben’s decline may prevent him from taking full advantage. Besides, the Raiders' pass rush showed out on Monday Night Football — a previously weak facet on their defense.

Las Vegas pressured Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson on 59% of his dropbacks, which ranked as the highest rate of the week.

upload_2021-9-17_17-9-46.gif

Hopefully that was just long layoff rusty Ben.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Another great piece of news for us. He scored 2 TDs versus the Ravens.

The only thing that could make this better is if Waller was out too. Note I didn't include Carr being out because we all know how the Steelers make backup QBs look like hall of famers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Steelers will still get smoked

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    About Time someone understands what I was trying 2 say.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I apparently didn't voice what I was trying 2 say.
    Formerscribe said it How I was meaning it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Aaron Rodgers lost 38-3, and threw 2 ints, Ben had 1 TD and no ints but Ben had a worse passer rating :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly why I hate these ratings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Part of that was PFF counting the interception Roethlisberger threw that was wiped out by a penalty. Of course, Roethlisberger was clearly only risking that throw because he was certain the officials had already thrown a defensive holding penalty. The PFF folks blew it on that one, demonstrating why their ratings are of questionable value at best.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Never mind the ratings, I don’t need ratings to tell me Ben played bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Eyeballs, we have eyeballs. And we don’t need someone else telling us how to think.

With out a little luck, Ben could have had 2 interceptions and he did fumble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That's the point though he didn't play as bad as Rodgers, Ben wasn't great but he did enough to win.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Why do we care about Rodgers? Rodgers sucking last week has no bearing on anything.

If Ben plays like he did last week, if that’s what they are going to get from him week in and week out, they won’t win many games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Could've would've should've....counts as what My Friend ???

23. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's not about how good they are. It's about how good they play.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Because it shows PFF is a joke, to have Ben rated below Rodgers is nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.