1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

“The Statue of Liberty moves better than Villanueva”

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcitian, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Shannon Sharpe. I can't stop laughing :roflmao:

I feel better with this young o-line

2. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Someone on the Ravens message board said that AV should be released and then just put a traffic cone at RT. The result would be the same.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The guy was a natural LT position player but the Rats move him to RT and idiots out there are surprised at how bad he has been doing.:ratbirds:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Hairball 0-1 :lolol:

They'll never win another SB with him. Lamar should bounce.

5. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    AV moved to left in practice today as Stanley is doubtful and likely out for a few weeks.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    But anymore he's not even good at his natural position. Guy does not have it anymore, glad the Ravens didn't realize this.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    No argument from me but he doesn't deserve all the criticism for the way he has played.

Ravens are just stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Hey I thought that was our plan with Banner out.

AND, Is Haeg going to get any snaps this week with the offense and not just on special teams?

Haeg scored through the roof when he was playing RT this preseason with PFF (i know that PFF can be a dirty word around here)
    Cumulative PFF grades for the Steelers’ offense this preseason - Behind the Steel Curtain

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Figured that was going to be the result anyway. I remember some of us wanted Big Al gone, myself included, concluding the 2020 season. The aforementioned reasons Shannon Sharpe gave were merely the tip of the iceberg. Never mind his inability to maintain a consistent base, his leverage will always work against him; doubly so against smaller EDGE Players. Did anyone really find it that unusual when then Bengals EDGE Player Carl Lawson took him to school in arguably the biggest upset of the 2020 Season?!

Overall, was not surprised then. Do not care now..... at all. What I do care about is Chukwuma's consistent inconsistencies. If anything, give Joe Haeg a shot should this continue come Sunday. Of the two, Haeg might have lesser athletic ability than Chuks but is the stronger and more powerful Tackle. Let Moore take his lumps; lumps he clearly got better from in the second half.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    His skills have diminished with age, and putting Big Al at LT is a recipe for getting your QB turned into steak tartare.

11. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I follow a ton of the Steelers' beat reporters and literally everyone is laughing because this was clear and obvious. Nothing about last season's game footage showed his regression was a fluke, rather a fact. There's a reason most people in Pittsburgh were happy to see him go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He's not that good. Stat boy. Not a solid thrower. Eventually the wheels will lose air and he will be done. Glad he is raven.

As far as Al is concerned I respected his time with the Steelers. Munch turned him into a solid Left Tackle from a defensive end.

But alas he was cooked, his last season here was not a pretty one. So he signs with the ravens (where was the outrage?) and look at the shell he is. Should have hung up the cleats and retired...

Absolutely! Young and hungry. They will gel and in reality did a quality job against the Bills sans the running lanes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yup. A couple of years ago when they lost to the Titans 28-12 in the playoffs, LJ had 365 passing yards and 143 rushing yards, yet turned it over multiple times and only put up 12 points. In my view he’s a guy who is extremely dangerous on any given play, but the likelihood of him putting together 60 solid minutes of football in a close, tough, important game is not very good. If he isn’t able to get a big lead from the start, he’s more likely to melt than be a hero.

Having an aging AV at RT isn’t going to help the run game that is so critical for LJ’s success, but I’m a bit surprised at just how bad he was in pass protection Monday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Coming from Mr. Ed

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    With the health of the Ravens, AL V is going to be the only one left standing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Ravens got Big Al because they said they wanted to be more of a throwing threat this year.

Villy's just the whipping boy for this organization of talent on a downhill slide.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    agreed. al didn't fumble the game away like LJ did. as far as okrafor, my worry is they force him into a position he isn't very good at (like they did with feiler last year) and will probably extend him after this year instead of playing the better player at the position and extend him instead. i think they should let okrafor walk and draft another LT for backup duties. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. A best Friend (He has passed) was a huge Broncos fan, I use 2 say 2 Him when S. Sharpe, and Elway were on the team that they were perfect for the team since they both resembled the Mascot. LoL.

19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Chuks looks bad.

20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Horseface & Mr. Ed to you my brother.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree . No excuses. I don't remember the league Giving Ben excuses when Big AL, or washed up Pouncey (Who I believe was done the Year before) were on this team. So no excuses for L. Jackson. Learn 2 get rid of the ball faster.

I will say this . If they are having this much trouble now. Wait till they Pay L. Jackson the big money, and they can't bring all these guys in.
    I personally can't wait.

22. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Glad that he's still producing for us. He's a steeler at heart. His hate for the Ravens runs deep... he's probably laughing his ass off every time he gives up a sack or misses a block.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    He was done at his natural position. Not sure why they thought he'd have any more left at a position he hasn't played. I enjoy the fact that he is seriously harming the Ravens chances but at the same time I don't enjoy Villanueva embarrassing himself. Dude gave us a ton of really quality, really cheap years and I wish him well in general, just not when he is trying to help the Ravens win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He's not embarrassing himself, it's just a game. Big Al is the shizzle. :hardrock:

• Like Like x 1
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Steelers have been known to move olineman all over the place so in fairness it's not just them.