1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Raiders Pre Game Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Sep 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    The Poop bandit?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Ben will be the one pinching a loaf as he's seeing Maxx coming after him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    "I'd like to buy a vowel Pat". ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Is this a fake McCoy or the real McCoy?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A good pass rush, and chuck him at the line and pray.

6. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I feel bad for Good, had my right ACL replaced with a tendon from the back of my leg. Miserable injury and you know exactly what happened. When I see someone on the ground with one foot pointing down (you have no connection to pull your foot up) and the guy is pounding the turf in frustration, anger, and pain I am pretty sure it is at least a strained ACL and maybe a torn one.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    But Ben unlike Jackson won't be running into trouble....just 2 run. I promise You if they give the Steelers the same release on the Wrs they were giving L. Jackson (I guess because they didn't think He'd see them) Ben will eat them alive. So I expect them 2 Play Us way differently.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Man up with Bush should be their last option to cover Waller.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    McCoy wasn't a worry before his injury, he's past his prime, he missed last season too with Dallas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Relying on injuries to win games doesn't bode well.

Benny Lava would still be worried about players in walkers outmatching our starters.

Talk about trolling.:nea:

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If it was Carr or Waller out for the game, then it would be a big deal, McCoy is a nonfactor.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What about running away from trouble?

Hope you are right about Ben eating them alive, I’m not as confident.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Can our OLBs force him to have to block in the pass game to slow him down? If he is out wide, maybe Hayden or Sutton can try to cover him in man with a MLB robber or one of the safeties doubling?

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Well, if there is one good thing, Maxx Crosby is a leverage based speed rusher; using his opponents misuses in poor overall balance, hand placement and over commitment to his advantage. Dan Moore definitley took his lumps but he fared far better than Chuks. This is good because T.J. Watt is predominantly much of the same.... minus the fact that T.J. Watt has a better bull rush with a motor that is second to none. Maxx Crosby has a hot motor as well.... just not to the same extent as T.J.s. Given the fact that Moore now practices with him and can learn even more quickly than his already tremendous rate he showed in the Pre Season.... maybe things will not be so bad.... if I am just talking about Moore. Chuks?!?! Yikes!!!

Of the two, if I am Jon Gruden, I would be attacking Chuks' side. That said and, knowing Gruden, he will likely want to see what Moore has to offer.

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Side note:

Don't sleep on Johnathan Abram. He is not an impact playmaker but he can set the tone for certain. He consistently brings hellish intentions no matter where he goes!! :eek:

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Of course not!!!!

Minkah is on IR and TJ Watt is not even close to Maxx Crosby in terms of skill!!!! Have you not heard?!?! Minkah is overrated!!!

:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Waller is the least of my concerns if anything. Having Schobert here along with Minkah will see to that. Tre Noorwood's performance also is something to note as having him against Waller can also work. Ruggs though is a major concern. There really is no one on this defense with that level of speed to keep up with him should he successfully employ a double move.

That said, Sutton and Haden are smart enough to know how to chuck a speedster like him at the line. However, such tactics can only go so far. Best to keep a safety shadowed to that side.

Realistically speaking, for this week's game, among the X Factors, Tre Noorwood should be at the top. I expect him to get a lot of snaps. I also expect Jon to attempt to get him into unwinnable situations.

18. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Didnt they used to call him dump truck? lol

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Dookie

20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    You all sound like Tomlin in the bulk of his press conferences talking about the opposing team they are facing this week and how everyone is great.

Carr is in for a LONG DAY. Ben will be throwing speed balls. Also I feel Najee will have a better game running the rock this weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Loud crowd, pressure on Carr, he's good for at least two turnovers. Gonna get a pick-six on Sunday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we don't live in our fears. :cool:

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If they play us the same way He will, but I watch a lot of games , and when I tell You teams don't put much interest into covering certain Wrs groupings with L. Jackson because they know he has trouble seeing them....people just tell me how fast He is. LoL.
    I guarantee if they come at us with the same plan (which there is no way they do) Ben will shred them. I'm not trying 2 be mean here ,but I actually wonder if some watch the Games. I can point 2 ...7 times the raiders didn’t even cover certain parts of the field because they are not worried about Jackson even going there, and I didn't even break down the tape.
    I promise they will not play Ben this way, or if they do it won't be for long.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think najee harris out of the backfield and DJ getting open quickly will be our bread and butter to slow crosby and crew down. ben will have to get rid of it early in this one which i don't have a problem with in certain situations. now if the steelers staff see's it this way or not is another question. last game we didn't just do what we do and stick with it win or lose so that was somewhat refreshing. we shall see. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m sorry but this is hogwash, no team is just purposely leaving WR’s open because they “believe” Jackson can’t see them. Come on man.

Ben will shred them? Yeah, I am definitely watching different games because Ben was awful last week and if they continue to do little 5 yard passes, this week will be another sorry ass performance and if the Raiders are bringing pressure, thats what will happen because Ben won’t have time to push the ball down the field. They didn’t win last week’s game until he started dong that and it took some great catches to even pull that off.

Ben is not Ben of 10 years ago, I feel this week will tell us a lot about how the rest of the season will go. I hope you are right, really do but pointing out Bens short comings isn’t hating on him, it’s recognizing the limitations that he has now and the trouble this team will be in if me and others are accurate.

He should shred the Raiders, question is can he.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.