1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the bills game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Sep 12, 2021.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    One observation I saw was that the Steelers O-line was better than the Bills o-line, which isn't saying much. I was disappointed in Najee's vision which is supposed to be a strength. On one particular play, if he plants and changes direction, he turns a 1 yard gain into a 3 or 4 yard gain.

2. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    After reading their forums I got the sense that they believe the Bills lost the game because Allen had a bad game. Also they claim the Steelers will be lucky to win 8 games because the offense is horrible.

3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, the two stops on 4th down were huge. Blocking the punt for a special teams TD was the biggest play besides those.

Bills suffered far more meaningful penalties. Better them than us. We lost many games due to refs. However, Bills cannot claim they outplayed us and would have won if not for the refs. They dropped balls, also Allen was off target sometimes. Allen holding ball too long got strip sacked for a turnover. Our defensive pressure had a lot to do with those problems the Bills had.

A combination of us playing our best on defense and their making mistakes was key to our win. We pretty much smothered their offense from scoring the way they usually do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    His history is any times below 35 passes Steelers winning % goes way up. Lets keep it this way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe the Steelers defense MADE Josh Allen look bad.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Fine players for miscommunication? You wanna bench Ben or Johnson?
    Lol

7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Offense was atrocious first half but they certainly moved the ball better in the second. Ben had a lot of pressure and Najee didn’t have many holes but the wideouts made some plays and drew some penalties. Have to hope the OLine gels or improves.

D was outstanding all game long. Hayward and Sutton were phenomenal

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Some things I noted:

- all first half they ran Najee to the left, for not much. They ran to the right in the second half and he got some good yardage.

- according to nfl.com, Steelers only blitzed twice. All the pressure was done with a 4-man rush. This is good.

- play action makes a difference. Great to see it back and used regularly

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    If we do not have a running game we will suffer the same fate as last year. Ben cannot throw 40-50 times a game and stay healthy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Pretty much spot on. We may not block another punt for years. Allen was missing wide open guys, Ben was threading the pill into tight coverage and guys were actually holding on.

D looks better than 2019 and 2020, OL needs a ton of work, in the mean time they're going to have to do a better job of scheming runs. Too many times they run into stacked fronts. Ben needs to audible out of that. On one play in particular, the announcers blamed the OL, who actually had the play blocked up pretty well, when Najee was hit by two guys at the LOS. Those guys were DBs. They literally had 11 in the box. Gotta be smarter than that.

Great, exciting win, but not of the sustainable variety. Celebrate it, stack it, get back in the lab and fix what's not working.

11. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Norwood came to play.

12. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    A drama queen who spends more time with State Farm than practicing and won’t even talk to his family. That’s a hard no.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes and yes

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It was still a horrible throw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    So instead of praising their defense, Buffalo fans are trashing the Steelers offense, and therefore devaluing their own defense?

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I thought settling for FGs was going to cost them. The way the offense was moving the ball. The conservative approach only worked because the Bills stupidly went for two questionable 4th downs around mid field. We got points and momentum off it then the blocked punt which ultimately decided the game. None of that will probably happen again this year.

Offense - I see the same dink and dump Washington exposed us for last year. Afraid to throw the ball down the field. Young o-line and no holes for Najee.

Defense - Looked great but I need to see more. Allen missed a lot of open/chain moving throws. Much of what we've seen over the years and this pre-season. Just guys wide open. If teams make those easy pitch and catches then we lose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I did. Do quarterbacks not have losing games?

18. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Every quarterback has horrible games. Manning and Farve were interception machines.

19. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Do quarterbacks win all games?

20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Harris isn't going to be great overnight. It took Mendenhall and Bell a few games to get it together.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Wow, that D! It should be with all the Right pieces put in but the secondary was impressive.But, thank all that is holy that the Bills didn’t focus on the run. That allowed us to focus on pass d without blitzing. Well done Butler!

Chuks shouldn’t be in there in the first place, however, I agree that it’s going to take some time for the line to “gel” as someone posted. For how new they’re, I thought they were decent.

Najee, helped that 2nd half and he and the line started to get it.
    TJ, what a beast and started earning that money. I think he should be number 88 because all i see is 88 million watching him.
    Devon Bush, when in looked good too

Cam Sutton, hurray! Nice win!

• Like Like x 3
  22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I wonder if a professional athlete would intentionally play bad to spike management's wheel. That was a Rodgers I've never seen yesterday.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What would He gain. He got more money, and less Years 2 come back.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Other than the satisfaction of giving the finger to management nothing really but that was approaching Peyton Manning's final season type bad.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well think about this. 1. He's been knocked out of the season twice. 2. Everyone talked about Ben saying something about retirement, and killed Him for it....by saying once its in Your head....:shrug:....Yet Rodgers took it way past anything Ben has , and not a peep about it. Maybe people need 2 quit kissing Rodgers a$$, and thinking everything He does is awesome. I mean He complains about weapons, Yet keeps taking as much of the Cap as possible.