1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Madden Nails It

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Seven4Steel, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Madden knows nothing but Hockey, and I am giving him the benefit of doubt for Hockey.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And fake wrestling.

He knows little about football and freely admits he doesn’t go to the games. I’d bet my next paycheck he did not attend a single practice this year. How can anything the dumb blow hard says be taken seriously?

There, I got that out of my system.

• Like Like x 4
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The only intelligent thing I ever heard from him on hockey is the only time I agreed with him was talking about the waning days of Jagr's time with Pittsburgh. He said the team at the was so hard up for cash that guys were buying thier own equipment and Jagr knowing the team needed to at least get into the playoffs to stay afloat went out and skated on one leg the other was like one huge purple bruise around his entire thigh. Madden said that nobody knew how he had put the team on his shoulders to make sure guys got paid. I agreed that one time. All of his other hockey opinions are like arm chair QB's they are all great in their own minds.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You didn't agree with the Watson Ben hypocrisy???

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Trying so hard not to give that toe fungus any of my time but how is this the same thing?

Am I missing something in regards to Watson? I havent followed his story closely at all but I thought he solicited sex? Paid for massage service, asked for sexual favors.

Ben was accused of rape, twice.

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't want to get into an obvious land mine of a topic but I'm suspecting that due to the increased awareness about issues of racial equality they as saying while Ben was judged long before the investigation had gotten under way and faced stiff punishment it is hypocrisy that Watson has gone silent and deep without much of an investigation being covered by the media because he is black. I just want to say I am all for social justice and equality I think we are way way past the tipping point on this and its getting ridiculous. I meant Disney dropped the name of Boba Fett space ship because they thought Slave 1 was a racially slippery slope. Its make believe people, and also portrayed in a negative light in the films

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Both which are illegal in most States. Especially in Texas. So now we just pick and chose illegal activities and fines, and games.
    Well you only slapped a girl once so 2 games.
    You ...You ...slapped a girl twice so 3 games.
    You only rubbed up naked against one 1 game. Is that what You are saying???:shrug:

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, I couldn’t care less who solicits sex.

I do care about women getting raped.

If those two things are the same to you, ok :shrug:

I suppose you come to a full stop at stop signs and always drive the speed limit. Same thing as your point, right.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes I do stop at all stop signs, and do the speeding limits. Hate 2 tell you ,but what you care about the law doesn't matter one bit. Even if I agree with You. I know that's crazy, but it's true.
    Also If you are soliciting sex, and bring them in from another state it's Even worse. I know Your fine with it, and even If I agree with You....Guess what 2 the Law that doesn't matter. Crazy isn't it. We don't have 2 agree with a law , and Yet it's still a Law.
    Also ....Never say I'm OK with rape. It's a disgusting thing.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Go Yinz Stiller’s n’ at

• Like Like x 3
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You lost me?

12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Basically there are some who think the league is going easy on Watson and his allegations of assault by 20 odd women because he is black and heightened awareness about racial equality. Meanwhile Ben had the book thrown at him before the report in Georgia had even been typed up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I personally don't know why, but I know it's different.
    Hell Adrian P. Lost a year for basically spanking His kid. Sorry he used a switch. All of my family would have lost a year a piece just from taking care of me. LoL

14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    My grandpa made a wooden paddle for my mom when we were growing up 2inchs thick and about two feet long, still have it to scare the grandkids but we got spanked when we needed it. So there is 7 yrs difference between my baby brother and I and somewhere in that 7 years my folks became enlightened and didn't spank him we remind him of that constantly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I got whooped with whatever was handy. Belts, flyswatter, stick, wooden spoon, and a umbrella once. LoL. Hell I took more licks at school than I did at home. Did they stop doing that at school????

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t see that as what’s going on here. A 5 minute search and I could tell why its being treated differently. For starters, these are allegations well after the fact as opposed to an on scene incident with Ben and a woman with physical wounds (her knees) and claiming she was just raped.

2nd, the FBI is investigating extortion against Watson.

3rd, this is a text from one of the woman after the alleged incident:

Hey Deshaun just wanted to say thank you for trusting me with your massage today. I’ll be here til Jan. 3 if you’d like to get another one.”

These two cases could’t be further apart. This country is wound too tight.

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree totally which is why I was reluctant to dip my toe into the topic especially since it's not an opinion I share.

• Like Like x 1