1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade with Seattle?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dobbler-33, Sep 3, 2021.

1. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Is it just me, or are the same people that have been complaining all pre-season that we need DB help on here complaining that we went out and got a former 1st rounder and a former third rounder as DB help, and it cost us a fifth rounder?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You are living in your fears. :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's almost as if they are going to find an excuse to criticize almost every move the team makes. :hmm:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea like hilton that cinci paid 6 mil. a year for. predictable wasn't it? what a waste he was. stupid PS, udfa that he was. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    If other teams' castaways are better players than the guys our coaches thought were the solution...

6. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    They let Steven Nelson and Mike Hilton go and have been scrambling to replace them ever since. Both positions are downgraded until proven otherwise.

These aren't exactly Minkah/Haden type acquisitions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    "My grandfather smoked all his life and never got lung cancer, therefore smoking isn't harmful for anyone."

8. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    We all will be after opening day, I'm guessing. Just hope my FFL opponent doesn't Allen or Diggs.

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They only had four corners on the roster, they normally keep 5-6. They were always going to sign somebody, it was just a matter of who and how, trade or free agent etc.

Im happy enough with the trade for a fifth, nobody seems to be able to confirm whether it’s going to cost them the extra compensatory pick.

They still look very thin at the slot corner position. If Sutton gets injured they’ll be in trouble

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Steelers face the league's 2nd hardest strength of schedule based on QBs faced, barring injury of course. Better get that ball-control, run-driven offense cranked up early.

Josh Allen
    Derek Carr
    Joe Burrow
    Aaron Rodgers
    Teddy Bridgewater
    Russell Wilson
    Baker Mayfield
    Andy Dalton
    Jared Goff
    Justin Herbert
    Joe Burrow
    Lamar Jackson
    Kirk Cousins
    Ryan Tannehill
    Patrick Mahomes
    Baker Mayfield
    Lamar Jackson

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Haden was a castaway. That worked out terribly, right.

You keep conveniently ignoring that a projected starting inside linebacker retired.

The Steelers made moves that seem to improve the team, but you want to push this ridiculous panic narrative.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Nelson and Hilton aren't Minkah/Haden type acquisitions either.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    If the f.o. can resign Witherspoon to a multi year extension, then I will consider the trade brilliant... Witherspoon is a player and ha the size and speed to handle the NFL's bigger receivers.... I don't think I need to remind anyone hear about the way stefon diggs torched us last yr (especially with us seeing him in the opener.)... Cam Sutton can move right into the slot role with Pierre and Layne backing up the outsides.... We immediately have a really good cb rotation, while giving up only a 5th Rd pick in 2 yrs.... .. we are subtly turning our defensive backfield into a no fly zone

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Tre Norwood is on the 53

15. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Wait, you think Joseph or Witherspoon is a Haden-type signing? Is that your argument?

Everyone knew Haden could still play, the Browns were dumping salary.

16. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    True, but that doesn't change the fact that they don't think they've adequately replaced them yet.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm using Haden as an example to demonstrate why you are wrong in assuming these are bad moves just because their teams moved on from them at this time.

Nice attempt at blatantly misrepresenting what I wrote, though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Nelson wanted more money in a long term deal that he was not worth, nor did the team have the money to invest. I am sure they would have liked to keep Eli, the money was not there..period. You cannot keep them all, and sometimes the ones you have you do not want to keep.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Only 4 of them are legit. Doesn’t mean we won't lose 2 them...just saying only 4 of them are really Good Qbs for sure.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It looks like Steelers don’ have much faith yet in their young db’s .Growing pain as with ol

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I'm good with us signing and trading for DBs. We've done quite well doing that.. I'm not good with us drafting DBs. We suck at doing that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Butler just said "we'll see" if we can add more OLB's!

Seriously? you let a promising one go in favor of a sub-par ILB!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Signing Joe Haden was a no-brainer obvious good move. Witherspoon, meh.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Nice use of hindsight there.

I certainly liked Haden better then than Witherspoon now, but you are also using hindsight to duck the larger concept. You made a poor generalization, and Haden is an example of why it doesn't work.

25. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Do you realize how difficult and how fortunate it is to become an NFL player? The US population is approximately 332 million.

Only approximately 2,100 individuals out of 332 mill have the opportunity to participate as NFL players every season. The general population probably has better odds at becoming a Navy Seal than becoming an NFL player. Any players that make it into the NFL are "elite" by anyone's definition of élite.

People that label any NFL player as a "scrub" have the faintest idea of what they are talking about.

Players like Witherspoon might me "meh" to you.

For me, players like Witherspoon have potential to develop more or become solid contributors. Especially when considering the TEAM aspect of the NFL. Only time will tell what happens. Another team's loss can become another team's gain. Not the first time it's happened so............

• Agree Agree x 1