1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Madden Nails It

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Seven4Steel, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That should tell you plenty about Madden. There are guys who can parlay being an ass into having such a big audience, they can never let you go. Madden clearly can't do that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's almost like it's so second nature they don't even realize it. I feel like on Friday after the draft when Harris got to town and was given the new guy in town tour that if he didn't care for Primanti Brothers but liked the Roethlisberger better, Madden would write his column as rookie running back turns nose up at Pittsburgh tradition. Just who he is at this point.

3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Let`s just say Juju could be more professional.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I like the kid but he's got a lot of growing up to do. I can also see how he can rub people the wrong way.

Cool JUJU - Taking young kids shopping and buying gifts for them.

Not so cool JUJU - Dancing on teams logo's and tik tok videos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The same Madden that said TJ skipped his exit meeting after the season, TJ denied it, but Madden doubled down on his sources :facepalm:.

6. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

The guy is a blathering idiot most of the time but with this article I feel as though he has some valid points.

People act like it's just JUJU being himself when it comes to racing up and down milk crates and it's no big deal but I guarantee those same people would be screaming to high heaven had he tumbled down, blew out his ACL and missed the season. Watson being treated with kid gloves while Ben was crucified for many less accusations is another valid point that Madden makes. Like I said before, I am not a fan of Mark Madden by any stretch but I'm also not blind to his point of view on this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Great read, couldn't agree more. Even if Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless had wrote it, I'd agree 100% and I have no use for either of them, either.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You are greatly exaggerating the danger of the milk crate test, there was no racing up and down them, he was gingerly walking over them, if he fell, he’d fall about 3 feet. I cant imagine under what circumstances he would blow out an ACL.

9. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    I have no curiosity nor desire to look into what a milk crate challenge is. I was merely going by what Thorn058 put out there that it is a 6 to 7 foot climb and descend type of skill test. Even if it is only 3 feet high, I imagine they are stacked and being how those things can slide around awkwardly it would still be enough to blow out an ACL should someone misstep ever so slightly. I don't think players should be wrapped in bubble wrap but when organizations invest millions of dollars towards their careers then their well being is of the organizations best interest. I wouldn't want them playing on a trampoline or a pick up game of Basket Ball. I mean, if a skateboard challenge becomes popular on tik tok are we going to see JUJU playing on the halfpipe?

• Like Like x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Not sure what you mean because he is an ass and has a big audience.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It was actually 6 feet high at the height of it but some of these challenges look to be about 10 feet high. His was tame in comparison.

This was JuJus and had spotters.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Now I know where I've seen this before.

Q*Bert - YouTube

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

That!!!!.......

.... was actually far more tame than you gave it credit for. No seriously, when I first saw the report, I had initially had some concern given the fact that some people that I know did this very same challenge (safety via lots of bean bags on the side). As stated already, 10ft up high. If 6ft. was the actual measurement of this in addition to multiple people wanting to assist, I officially have little to no concern with it let alone issue.

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I didn't even make an effort to see what Madden had to say.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He has always been that guy. I doubt he buys into even half of what he writes and says.

16. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Which you only know about because he's broadcasting his life.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    This thread could be used as a case study in ad hominem.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Some of it might, but a person's credibility is relevant to any point they make. Madden blew any credibility he had long ago. I won't debate the merits of whatever point he makes simply because I won't give anything he wrote the click.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    He's stating opinions, which hold no semblance of "credibility". They can't be proven right or wrong. It's not like he's a Schefter or Rapoport breaking incorrect news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    As a fat person I approve your post haha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Opinions can be valid and well supported or they can be **** thrown against the wall. Madden has the ability to provide the former, but he almost always chooses the latter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Ike Taylor has 2 Super Bowl rings as a starting CB for the Steelers. 'Nuff said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I thought you were talking about John.

The other Madden I see a story or whatever you want to call it and I make a hard pass. He's a Dupe...

24. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yes, JuJu has a life off the field. I know that riles some people up but it is allowed. JuJu works really hard and balls out during games. So long as he does that he is allowed to have other interests.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, it’s hysterical to me that they think the players from the 70’s ate slept and breathed football 24/7.

I bet you players today are much more dedicated to their craft.

Madden knows this, he’s just a dick.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1