1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers release 9 players

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Lol... indeed. I grew up in Clairton and have many mutual friends with the Wade's. Great people.

2. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Where's the emojee of laughing hysterically and facepalming at the same time?

3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That's alot

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    It falls between beaucoup and assload.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Yeah! And it's a lot, too! :hehehe:

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    A lot of reports from camp on Bussey, I do not recall much in the games. Get this every year, guys shine, then get cut..signed elsewhere and few if any really develop. That sasi the depth we thought we had drops off significantly after the top 4.

8. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    The predictions I have seen are 5 CB without Gilbert (Haden, Sutton, Pierre, Maulet, Layne) , but Norwood making it as S with Killebrew. It is hard too see Gilbert displacing any of those CB at this point.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't expect Gilbert to make the 53, practice squad is his best chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    But he didn't say "veritable" in the same breath so it's OK. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Never heard of any of them except Sexton. In his case, when the spotlight came on he melted into a goo pile before our eyes. That is not the way to make a roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    You probably don't have that emoji. It's right next to the one you get when you know something about what you're talking about. I think its a progression thing. You might have to earn the latter before you have the ability to unlock the former. Keep at it though, maybe someday ;)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  13. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Says the snake oil salesman trying to get people to buy his cockemamy shtick about the Steelers having depth across the board. Hey, let me get a pair of those rose-colored glasses while you're at it. And throw in a copy of Message Board Burns for Dummies.

Dude, seriously. You're out of your league and out of your depth here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was wondering the same thing but I didn't watch the Panthers game....so now I get it.

15. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    I thought that you're supposed to get better with each game. Silly me. The team that took the field against the Panthers didn't get that memo either.

Maybe @Maddog78 is on to something about not playing Najee. From the looks of it, we shouldn't have played anyone...at all...during the preseason since they seemed to regress as the days went along. Ben threw a couple TD's? Yeah, I saw that.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You do have 2 admit it was a pretty good comeback.
    Even he had directed it at me instead of you. I would had have 2 laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    SHHHHHHHHH!!! I ADMIT NOTHING!!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Dude, seriously... All I pointed out was that the Steelers are likely a much deeper team than you were giving them credit for. Some due to off-season acquisitions pushing would-be starters into back up roles(namely Schobert), and some due to a few rookies looking like they are up to year 1 contributions in some way (namely, Friermuth, Harris, Moore). I never said we were deep across the board. If you read my post, I actually conceded that we were thin in the secondary.

RB - Minus Conner at starter, plus Harris. Same batch of idiots behind him except for add Ballage, drop Samuels. Should easily be a better group than last year. Our primary back up from last year will likely be RB3 or RB4. Seems like we are solid here.
    TE - Minus McDonald, plus Friermuth. Kid looks like he is ready to contribute. Him and Ebron play different roles, but its safe to say we are 2 TE's deep. Again, should be better than last year. A much better tandem than most teams have to offer.
    OLB - Minus Dupree, plus Highsmith to the starting rotation, minus Adeniyi, plus Jones. Highsmith was the top back up last year and Melvin Ingram takes that role this year. Not many teams have guys of Ingram's caliber as a BU/rotation guy. People were hyped for the Browns when they got Clowney. Clowneys career sacks/gm is .385, Ingram is .433. Not to mention the chances Jamir Jones has to shine over Cassius Marsh. Again, this is a deeper position than last year, and a pretty deep position for us overall (sending a draft pick who played fairly well in the preseason to the PS).
    QB - Minus Dobbs, add Haskins. 3rd string QB's don't factor in here since were screwed if we play our 3rd stringer anyways. Rudolph is what he is. A fine back up, but nothing more. There's an overall lack of quality QB play in the NFL. I would be willing to bet the number of teams that feel good about their back up QB position is in the single-digits. We are fine enough here.
    OL - Minus Pouncey, DD, Feiler, Wisniewski, add Green, Banner (kinda), Finney, Haeg, Moore. Huge turnover here. Hard to imagine this unit being a high end starting unit due to its youth, but our depth is actually quite fine. A rookie swing tackle who has shown himself very well in preseason (well enough for some to call for him to start over Okorafor), Haeg has position flexibilty and has started 38 games over the past 5 years, Finney who started multiple games every year he was with the Steelers and also has position flexibility. If there are any injuries here, the drop off wouldn't be significant. Our depth isn't the issue, our starters might be.

I think that covers the main position groups outside of the secondary, where we agree. Like I said before, no team is going to have great depth everywhere. That isn't possible in the league as it stands today. We sit in a much better position than we did last year regarding depth.

Lastly, its hardly out of my league or out of my depth to argue with someone who has only hurled insults and ridicule at my posts without offering any substance in rebuttal. Snake oil salesman? Rose-colored glasses? I'm a tin-foil hat away from the internet doofus trifecta of tired insults lmao I guess the only thing left to do is emoji you into submission ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    I made one comment about not agreeing with your assement of depth by stating I thought it was a combination of funny and wrong (two emojees, hysterical and face palm). That was it. As far as I can tell, I hadn't responded to anything else you had said. You shot back with a clever, I have to admit, string of insults. Fair played. I responded in kind. And now you've got your panties in a bunch. Calm down, Jr.

And lastly, where was I making a case about our depth before your misguided post? I wasn't. Your post wasn't in reference to anything I had said. You were replying to @The Sodfather's comment, not mine. So don't loose your venom on me. You're mistaken in your initial aim. You're also wound way too tight about this. You think we've got depth in all areas EXCEPT FOR SECONDARY. I disagree. And if you can turn off being a tool long enough, I'll start agreeing with some other points you've made, one being that our starters might be more the issue than our depth.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Typical TOMLIN fashion. Start out better than you finish!

I actually think he’s got an excellent record in October. Usually where we peak

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Kam Canaday released. He's been Steelers LS since 2017

I guess this means Christian Kuntz won the job?

23. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    You don't need to tell me to calm down, as I think I was pretty playful with my comebacks. Hard to convey that through text, admittedly (I tried keeping it light with no direct insults and some wink emojis). I saw I was getting trolled a bit and had to shoot back. All's well that ends well. No hard feelings, I'm just having fun with it all haha

• Like Like x 1
  24. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    You weren't getting trolled by me. That's part of my issue with all of it. Like I already said, your response was clever. I responded in kind. I'm not trying to make an enemy out of you. I just disagreed with a point you made. That's kind of what this whole thing is about.

• Like Like x 1
  25. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Jordan Berry is being released.