1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Washington has requested a trade

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You were responding to my post. Clearly, you thought I had posted that, but you lack the integrity to own up to your error. I wish I could say it is entertaining to watch you fail, but really, it happens so often that it is becoming tiresome.

2. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Take a nap, then, and dream of being right.

Blast commented about DJ.

I responded to him.

You responded to me.

I replied to further my position based on what he said.

You're doubling down on your own narcissism, as if everything revolves around you. I can respond to your post and refer to things others have said, you egomaniac. The only thing clear is that you are full of yourself. Newsflash, there are other people talking about issues, and sometimes, they don't involve you or your bloated ego.

:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How could the universe revolve around him when I thought it revolves around Me. LoL. :shrug:

Seriously...Let's get along. You know Kumbaya and all that stuff. We are all Steelers fans.
    Of course it wouldn't Hurt for some people 2 admit when they are wrong....at least every once in a while.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Hard to get along with people who don't want to get along. I know I should just ignore stupidity, but I haven't mastered that skill. And frankly, I just don't like him. I disagree and argue with @SteelerGlenn and @steelersrule6 probably more than any other members here. Fundamentally, we just see things differently and will usually reside on different sides of the fence. But I don't dislike them. And there are a few others that I like to poke at and push their buttons, as they do me. It's all good. But this scribe character is simply a tool. I'm sure he'd say the same thing about me...that is, while he's convoluting discussions, twisting people's words, and trying to tell people that he knows how they think better than themselves.

So while I can appreciate your attempt to appeal to my better judgement, I'm just a little too far right of center when it comes to this guy to give a crap. I don't believe there's anyone else around here I would say that about. But if it makes you feel any better, I have agreed with him publicly when he deserved it. And if he says something in the future that I can get behind, I won't hesitate to point that out. It's a shame that the issues have rarely ever been about differences of opinion. It's always been about delivery of those opinions and the attitude in which they are covered in. And that's not going to change. And neither will the fact that we simply don't like each other. I'm okay with that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    Another perfectly good thread gone to ****! Thanks Foreskin and Stupid7.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  6. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    He started it! :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You responded directly to my post. You messed up, as you so often do. See the comment about Villanueva on the other thread as an example.

It is not narcissism to think that a response to my post refers to something I posted. That is just another in your long line of ridiculous takes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sorry that I don't sugarcoat it when I point out the massive flaws in your arguments. Somebody pointing out when you are wrong is stupid? Where did you learn that rhetorical style, elementary school?

You complain that I don't want to get along, yet you admit this is driven by you not liking me. It seems to lead to you making mistakes, such as attributing something Blast said to me. You should work on that.

You actually think Washington is better than Johnson. You're funny.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Feel better now? :smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Lol, got a snickers? I'm not myself when I'm hungry. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He's all in on the Steelers...:herewego!:
    :applaud:

• Like Like x 1
  12. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I don’t think this is very hard. Washington wants opportunities to earn his money but only so many passes to go around. Organization sits down and discusses his roll with the team this year and the possibilities next year after Juju leaves. Either he goes along as a good team player or he becomes a cancer. If another team provides good value in a trade you take it if not he sits outside the Team and makes even less next year, it’s a business and you are under contract.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. kicker_twentyone

kicker_twentyone Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    E J Henderson Jax for Washington ? Straight up ?

14. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes please

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Throw in Mason if they ask for draft picks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or CJ Henderson :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    The problem is he was drafted relatively high. I don't think we'd get the value back. Is this his last contract year? If it is, and I doubt the Steelers will resign or extend him, so the Steelers might as well attempt to get a pick in a trade. I think this is a good media leak for both parties. Hopefully some team will bite.

18. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I would do that. CJ Henderson is real young, but I’d take that deal. He is unproven but could develop, at leasthe has the
    Throw in Rednose, but also stipulate that all threads on this board concerning Bell returning to the Steelers will be automatically transferred to the Jags forum. I have been known to drive a hard bargain.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sounds like he requested a trade, why not just say, “no, I didn’t ask for a trade” if you didn’t.

We’ll see if they can work him into the game plan more, just don’t know who you take off the field to do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Jacksonville has a really good receiving corp, they don’t need Washington, he’d be the #4 there as well. There is also no way they would deal Henderson (a second year top 10 pick) for Washington (a relatively disappointing second rounder in his last year) straight up. Jacksonville would want Pittsburgh’s first rounder in 2022 at least, but again, they probably wouldn’t even want JW as part of the deal.

Detroit and New Orleans are badly in need of receivers and they’d probably be the most likely trading partners if the Steelers do decide to deal him. The only way I see that happening is if they feel good about Ray Ray or one of the other guys in that #4 role.

21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Never say never regarding a possible trade to any team, regardless of where a player has been taken. If the Steelers believe they can make the trade to acquire someone like CJ Henderson or someone else, they will. That said, I would not trade James Washington given the fact that Pittsburgh just brushed against the grain injury wise via Chase Claypool. Always need a contingency plan for deep threats like that. Washington is the closest fit on the roster at the moment.

Realistically speaking though, a trade to the Jaguars is not likely as they already have an up and coming receiving corps of their own; DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault and Collin Johnson all likely to breakout this season. A team like the Lions, Packers, Saints, Falcons, Eagles and even the Bears are far better fits. Among the teams to look out for though, Detroit and New Orleans are the prime candidates as neither have stellar Deep Threats on their respective teams and never mind a rock solid 1B option.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers aren't looking to add this phenom db imo. If they were they would have had a different deal with the Jags.

23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I would play James, and bench Drops Johnson.

24. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

• Like Like x 2
  25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011