1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Admit it People

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I would say he is average. If he wasn't picked in round one I doubt he would be has hated as he is. It's not his fault the Steelers reached big time on him.

This is a good defense, someone has to be the 11th guy when there are 11 guys on the field. He's an average guy among a bunch of really good guys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Whatever You do don't argue with DK ...on DK Pittsburgh Sports about T. Edmunds. LoL. He came back at me twice when I said what I thought about Edmunds on His YouTube comments. LoL. He had a little video about people not liking T. Edmunds. LoL. Of course you know I had 2 reply.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Shazier went down and they fell in love with the speed at the position. Ever since they've been trying a safety/ILB mix. They fell in love with the fact Edmunds played some ILB at Virginia tech along with SS.

That experiment failed, and now Marcus Allen is it his place.

I think we can all conclude that Edmunds shouldn't have been picked with the first pick.

Oh well they've had worse and they've had better playing the position.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    He is what he is. A second round talent trying to live up to being a first rounder. I happen to be of the opinion he's as good right now as he's going to get so I don't grind on it any longer. Yes, I hope he improves. But, unless he has a come to Jesus awakening similar to Bud Dupree, I have don't see a Pro Bowl selection in his future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    It's funny about those first 11 games. How often does a team win it's first 11 games straight? 1% of the time? Yet, nobody seemed THAT surprised when the wheels fell off. We loved the attention that the team was getting, but even we knew that it was b.s. We didn't know the team was actually a joke. I mean, 11-0 gives you some confidence. I'm going to go "out on a limb" and say that was the most ridiculously pathetic, utter, collapse that I've ever seen. We didn't even lose our starting QB. It just disintegrated before our very eyes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    See, I started questioning us around the time we played the Titans. I was excited for about a month. Then each game I asked, "How are we winning?" We weren't that good. The only thing last year's team had going for it was the defensive front. That's it. Period. Offense was smoke and mirrors and extremely one dimensional. Secondary was the same liability from previous years that couldn't cover someone with a blanket. Special teams? Don't get me started on bubblegum's unit. We could get after QB's. That was it.

We got 11 straight wins, but we weren't an 11-0 team. And so far, there's nothing but a first round draft pick, a new OL, and the words of a new offensive scheme/attitude to change the past.

Maybe that's enough to exorcise our demons. It could make us a better team this season. Here's to hoping. :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    so letting nelson and hilton go were not a bad thing? horse chit. they were a good team to begin with. injuries hurt them badly including ben. dropped passes also hurt this team. if they caught half the dropped passes the season may have looked a little different. ben getting hurt also crippled a good team. injuries are hard for any team to deal with and when you have as many key ones as we did it upsets the balance pretty quickly. i do think this will be a better team this year. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    After the first half vs. Tenn I thought we were the best team in the league. The next 60 minutes of football gave me doubts, the Dallas game cemented those doubts. The collapse was just a matter of time, probably should have started a week earlier against Baltimore's JV team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It was the 2nd time in 3 years the Steelers were no where near as good as their record. In 2017 they sand bagged wins against teams without Rodgers, Watson and Luck.... while barely beating the Packers, Texans and Colts with backup QBs. Jacksonville playoff game proved the Steelers were an overrated paper tiger... just as they were last year vs. Cleveland in the post season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Agreed

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Just going to ignore the season TE had last year because of a preseason game that was his first real action since offseason shoulder surgery? Mkay.

He’s still out there laying wood like this in a preseason game.

Contract year, wouldn’t be surprised if he takes another step forward this year, hope it’s a big step, at least we’ll get a good comp when he inevitably signs elsewhere next season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Laying wood? Maybe if it's water-logged. You should have provided a better clip to bolster your point. He went low to avoid contact with who? A 200 lb, 3rd year running back that no one's heard of. Boston Scott? Dude averages 300 yards a year for the Eagles. And Mr. Wood-Layer has at least 20 pounds on him, but goes low and hangs on for dear life. Scott almost ran out of that tackle. C'mon man. Laying wood? Really?

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. My friend if You go back through the comments You will see I already gave him credit for that play. The one good play he had all game. I have watched this game 5 times and have broken down this game, and all his plays . I could, if I knew how, give You more than a handful of plays where you say ....Oh Hell. Not very good.
    I truly want him 2 be good. There is not a player on the team I don't want 2 be good. I'm a freaking Steelers fan and have no motives other then US being great. Doesn't change the fact.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Went low to avoid contact? You truly do watch different games as you like to claim :lolol:

Laying wood may not have been the best choice of words but he wasn’t avoiding contact, please, he stuck his nose in it and made an aggressive tackle on the play and is coming off a shoulder injury, that was the point I was making, his effort.

Almost but didn’t, isn’t that the point? Nothing but daylight if he got past TE and TE made the play, aggressively.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Well, then you should have said that, because he didn't "lay the wood." He read the play well and reacted to the cutback. He stuck his nose in there and made the tackle. I'll give you agressive. But watch it again and you'll see Tre Norwood with an angle to the ball carrier. No daylight. Who's watching different games again?

Edit: This really isn't about "watching different games" because YOU provided a clip and I responded to it. We're watching the same clip. We're just seeing it differently.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    [QUOTE="Seven4Steel, post: 892404, member: 3825"]See, I started questioning us around the time we played the Titans. I was excited for about a month. Then each game I asked, "How are we winning?" We weren't that good. The only thing last year's team had going for it was the defensive front. That's it. Period. Offense was smoke and mirrors and extremely one dimensional. Secondary was the same liability from previous years that couldn't cover someone with a blanket. Special teams? Don't get me started on bubblegum's unit. We could get after QB's. That was it.

We got 11 straight wins, but we weren't an 11-0 team. And so far, there's nothing but a first round draft pick, a new OL, and the words of a new offensive scheme/attitude to change the past.

Maybe that's enough to exorcise our demons. It could make us a better team this season. Here's to hoping. :drinks:[/QUOTE]
    Questioning to who?

17. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Uhm, to myself? My television? My friends? Am I not allowed to question things? I don't get where this is going.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I have my reasons

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Honestly people. You can Question most teams that go on a great run like that. Luck will always play a factor. You will most of the times find a game in there where You could say....Man they squeaked by that team, or Man they should Have lost that Game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Norwood didn’t even show up until Scott was on the ground, now imagine how much further Scott gets if TE didn’t attack him that way or whiffed on the tackle.

21. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    5 yards? :hehehe:

22. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    You like me. That's one of them isn't it. It's flattering, but a bit creepy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    That was a nice tackle. More alarming is that a SS was the first to contact a RB downfield.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    I think the point is that they're commiting him more to the box, so he was in position to make that tackle. Good tackle, good position, right useage of the player. I don't know that we get that lucky on a regular basis during the season, however. If the tape shows him being brought in in only certain packages and playing the run, then it's going to handcuff the defense and tip their hand.

25. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Who will be playing ahead of him? He was 3rd on the team in D snaps last year, more than Watt.

• Like Like x 1