1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Admit it People

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Aug 13, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Terrible T. Edmunds is just not very good.
    I don't care what round he was picked in.
    Again late in coverage, and takes bad angles with oak tree stiff hips.

Some say play him down at the line. So when they do that he gets eaten up by blocks , and misses tackles.
    I'm sorry I've seen enough. He's just not good.
    This is coming from one of the most optimistic fans on here.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Guess I'm the only one. :shrug:
    Did nobody watch his play last night???

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, I’ll help you admit it

At your service sir

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    You should really warn us before you get negative about something. It's kind of a shock to the system. I'll let it slide this time.

On a lesser note, I totally agree.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I kind of agree but he's the best we've got this year.

I was more jarred by Sutton's play. Nelson dropped off last year from 2019, but he's better than that.

Just too many question marks to compete for a title this year, I'm afraid. If you need one or two guys to work out you got a chance, feels like we need 7 or 8.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Which play? If you’re referring to the long TD, it looked to me like he was trying to seal the edge so that the receiver wouldn’t be able to get the sideline… presumably because there would be help coming from the inside. Football 101 says to force an outside screen inside. He didn’t handle the block well, but I don’t think he’s to blame for the TD. We called a nickel blitz from that side, and they had the perfect call to counter it. Literally the guy that would otherwise have been in the best position to disrupt that play was headed to the QB. The guys with poor angles and cement shoes downfield were the bigger culprits for allowing that to be a 78 yard TD instead of a 20 yard gain.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    That long TD Play was due to a poor angle by Tre Noorwood. That said, Terrell Edmunds should have taken a better angle himself. Beyond that play though, there is not much to gauge him so far in this very young 2021 Preseason.

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I still think he can play in the box and pressing slower TE'S and bigger slower WR'S in coverage.As a deep guy he is very bad he was a boundary Safety in college as has been most of our CB'S we draft..It is a problen those extra yards and area they can't cover I blame the Team fot continuing to select those type guys..'

I think he is a great tweener type guy and the entire system has to be catered around him . That system would look something like a 3-3-5 or 5-2 Monster IMO..In the 3-3-5 he would be the middle playing depper than the other 2 LB'S his run support would be both outsides keeping big OL off of him.. In a similar fashion he would sid deeper as a Monster behind the OLB and DT with 5 guys on the line this would allow him to have 3 lanes to run fit into without free OL driving him down the field.. Usually on the strong side his coverage is always short zone or mainly Match upon a TE...

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Geez Guys. Go back and watch last night, and just watch Him . He made one good play the whole night. The rest was poor coverage, poor angles, and piss poor tackling.
    Also the man looks like a weaker Jarvis Jones when he gets blocked....when he gets block He's truly blocked.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You do not cater a system around Your worst player on D.
    That be like saying...Well if We changed the D(screw the other players made for the D we're playing) Spillane could be great. LoL

11. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    There were only 10 Steelers on D that TD Eagles HC said?

• Like Like x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    killebrew has been playing very well the last two weeks if nobody has noticed.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Okay, negative Nancy, I think we've heard about enough of your complaining around here. Who do you think you are, @Seven4Steel ?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Admit it people: Even though it's pre-season 2-0 is nice to walk around with.

• Like Like x 2
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    T. Edmunds still sucks. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    So was the first 11 games of last season, before the wheels fell off. But they meant nothing either. Maybe we should give Tomlin his bust in Canton for preseason game wins as well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I know. I know completely not like me, but when I watched the game a 2nd time.....I was Like.....Dang this MF sucks. LoL.
    OK. I'm done with the negativity.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    could be why no 5th year option was offered. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree ,but Spillane could never play great .. So basically he needs to go to a Team already using the Tweener system that has 2 or 3 good man coverage CB'S ..It would take years to build the D around Edmunds ..I was not suggesting we should just that it could be done..

To continue to use him deep in Cover 2 is a mistake..If I was Coach I would put him on Hadens side and play a inverted look with press zone behind it..So Edmunds would be the man on the LOS and would blitz or have force or the short zone .. All this would help him stay in a smaller area and use his Athletic ability with minimal changes on that side..

Of course we could look for a better fit as a Coer 2 guy and try to trade him..

• Like Like x 1
  20. OmegaTiger

OmegaTiger Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Hate to say it, but we are re-building and it takes time, we do not have some of the best players, but I'm hoping they prove me wrong... It's all about our line play and opening holes for our running backs, if we can establish a good running game then Ben can open the offense up.
    We have the running back now, just need the big guys to open some holes let him run...

• Like Like x 2
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Meh

once upon a time Steelers lost preseason games and won Super Bowls

• Like Like x 1
  22. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The long TD was 100% on Norwood. His job is to shoot in. He needs to make the WR step lateral first. Norwood sat back and let the WR get to full speed straight ahead. Norwood was sitting still by the time the WR was running full speed.

If he shoots in he either makes the tackle or makes WR run around him and it gives the rest of the defense 1 or 2 more steps to close.

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    They could go 0-4 in the preseason and I wouldn't give two sh*ts.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    He wasn't worth a first round pick. I dont think anyone is defending that anymore. But The Steelers philosophy is not to go after well rounded sure draft picks. They usually seem to either go A. Full technician, narrow but high ceiling in a specific skillset or B. Very raw high upside physical specimen, high ceiling, if they take to coaching.

I think T Edmunds sounded good to Colbert because of character and intangibles but yeah.. Not the best first round pick..

BUT!! The Steeler philosophy hits. Our franchise is still churning out HOF type guys on the regular while other franchises flounder. Remember that the Cowboys took Taco Charlton and left us TJ Watt. The rest of the league is ass and can suck it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The teams aren't interested in the score of a preseason game. It's all about player development. Kinda sucks imo.

• Like Like x 1