1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New Covid Protocol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Seven4Steel, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    I'd have liked to see something transparent between the NFLPA and the NFL before the NFL just dropped this in the teams' laps. It just feels like the NFL is being heavy-handed and not preparing properly for the future, like always. I totally accept that they have to protect the product. I accept that the disease is easily spread and has the ability to get out of hand quickly and wreck another season. So yeah, something had to be done. I just don't think they've done it right. But that's just me.

2. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Did you ask @SteelerGlenn's permission first? Don't want you to get into trouble. :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Apparently we should just do nothing and wait for it to go away on its on. Let's have another lockdown since last year was so much fun.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Oh look it’s the guy who’s obsessed with me. It’s pretty humorous to know I’m renting space in your head. It’s gotta suck for you to know you’ll never be able to beat me.

5. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry to bust your bubble but this statement is false. I also live and work in a right to work state and your employer cannot fire you for "any" reason. They cannot fire you because of race, religion, age, etc. They cannot violate Federal Law. My lawyer has had many cases involving the right to work and they can attempt to fire you for any reason, but if that reason violates Federal Law or discrimination laws, they cannot fire you.

I grow tired at these comments saying that an employer can fire someone for any reason. Simply not true. They can indeed fire you, but if it violates Federal Law, woe unto them when the case goes to court. Now, you may not get your job back, but they will have to pay for that lapse in judgement.

rutan

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’d have to say for as much as I disagree with you concerning Steelers ownership I really am finding myself agreeing with your stance on this topic.
    The two main counties I work in ( St. Louis City and St. Louis county) are going back to the mask mandate on Monday due to the low number of people with the vaccination and the rise in the number of recent Covid cases in the area. It really stinks that people are acting so childish about all this.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I see he’s riding around in your brain as well

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ll guarantee he’s discussed my outside this place.

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You don’t think people are acting childish over this regardless of what side you fall on?

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree. They aren’t acting childish. They are poorly educated. Two different things. :thumbs_up:

12. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Only if those rules are legal. These are not and it could end in court.

Fact. The vaccines by their own creators are not called vaccines.
    Fact. The vaccines only have emergency use authorization by the FDA.
    Fact. Per US law, no one can be compelled or forced to take part in a medical experiment or forced to take a vaccine that is not approved.
    Fact. Per the Nuremburg code established after WWII, it too states that no one can be bribed, coerced or forced to take a part in a medical experiment.
    Fact. None of the vaccines prevent anyone from contacting Covid and that is per the creators.
    Fact. None of the vaccines can prevent a vaccinated person from spreading Covid to another person.

Survival rates are over 99%. Infection rates are going up but the death rate is not seeing the same rate of increase. In my state, which is only 38% vaxxed, we have not had a covid related death in over 30 days although the cases have increased. I believe people have more information now and are beginning to treat this early which is the what is being advised by many doctors. True, the Delta variant is more contagious but it is not as deadly. Variants usually are and in fact, most variants over history have shown this.

Fact. The current crop of vaccines do NOT protect against the Delta Variant. Israel is reporting only a 35% success rate in those vaccinated for not catching the Delta variant. The UK is also reporting similar rates of low success. This is why you will continually need booster shots. The current vaccines were not coded to protect against the Delta or Lamda variants. You will continually need booster shots since the normal immune system has been altered.

I am going to sit this one out for a while longer. At over 10,000 deaths where 80% of those have happened within 72 hours of the jab and then more than 50,000 adverse effects that have caused hospitalization, I will wait.

Typically, it takes a vaccine upwards of 10 years to get approved as with the polio vaccine. These were done in months with very little testing. There are just to many problems that I see so far. I don't wish anyone ill will for getting the shot, but I refuse to take part in an experiment.

rutan

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Fact: A business requires a vaccination to be employed. Either you get the vaccination or you don’t work there.
    A medical experiment? Lol

14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I think the counties you work our panicking, but that's JMO, I believe in freedom of choice, if someone gets the vaccine, that's their choice and if they don't get it that's their choice.. im not gonna condemn them either way......

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree. I absolutely don’t want to wear a mask. Not cause of any reason other than it’s uncomfortable and I don’t like it. That’s why the main reason I got the vaccination so I wouldn’t haven’t wear one. I’ll follow the rules, but I won’t like it.

16. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Right to work as it relates to CBAs just mean that the employee does not have to join or pay dues to the union but the union have to represent them. In Agency Shop states employees must pay fees or dues. In Closed Shops states employees are required to pay the union dues for representation as a condition of employment.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Like i said earlier in this thread, my dad had heart problems, and i WILLNOT get vaccinated.. im not taking chances with a vaccine thats not approved by the FDA and is less than a year old.... but if others want it, good for them...

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Are you saying that over 10,000 people died after getting the vaccine? I don't believe that's true at all.

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I saw where Hopkins is we considering his future in the NFL, because of the new rule.....JMO but i think this new rule will hurt the NFL, more than it helps

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you don’t wanna get it don’t. What they’re basically going to do is the old grade school approach where if one kid acts up then the whole class misses recess. Those kids used to get their ass whooped after school.

• Like Like x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I can't believe some of these people are willing to lose their job because they don't want to get vaccinated, today two NFL assistant coaches lost their job for refusing to get vaccinated.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Good. For me it really has nothing to do with the vaccination and more to do with people not wanting to follow the rules. I’m sure everyone here would prefer that we have a interruption free season unlike last year. They are trying to make that a reality.

23. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I got a feeling that this thing is gonna get really interesting.

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

So what happens if a vaccinated player catches covid and the team has to forfeit, are they gonna be looked upon the same way by the league, ownership media, fans, Or would a unvaccinated player be treated differently if he caused the forfeiture??........... I think we already know the answer to that ?,

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Guys like this is why the pandemic won't end :facepalm:. The unvaccinated if they get infected with the Delta Variant I doubt the survival rate would be 99.6% :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.