1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers, Dan Moore, Jr

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 1, 2021.

1. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020

If Dan Moore can battle Chuks for left tackle this year and win the job NOW, Im liking or O Line more and more. Klemm seems to think he can battle for the job this year. Chuks being able to switch and play LT is what concerns me the most on this team right now.

In the interview, Klemm also implies Decastro was playing hurt last year, so him being full strength, Banner being back, and Dotson locking down LG, makes me feel a bit less concerned.

Im really impressed with Adrian Klemm in these draft interviews also! He seems super knowledgeable and has an intensity to him this line really could use. Future HC consideration if he does actually fix our OLINE, perhaps...

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't see Moore winning a starting job this year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it depends on banners rehab. i watched him do some drills and he didn't do bad but you could still see a hitch in his giddyup. lateral moves don't look quite as smooth as strait away moves so far. we may see the rookie early or haeg if this isn't better by preseasons end. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    He still has a few months to get back into form, hopefully.

I didn't either, until I saw that. I think Moore may be in play at RT also, with Banner vs Chuks at LT.

Im still really wishing we went with a LT in the 2nd round instead of Friermuth, but overall this draft has grown on me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Banner is a rt. More of a bruiser and doesn’t have the athleticism for LT. Opposite is true for chuks. Isn’t enough of a bruiser to be a long term solution at rt, but more athleticism.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Agree with all of that. I just feel like Chuks might not be good enough overall, and we need our best 5 guys out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm going to make a prediction which is something I hardly ever do and say that Coach Klemm already has his starting unit decided on and that there will be quite a few people surprised by it. Some named Finney, Hassenuer, Chuks and Hawkins. I think he has his 5 man unit in Banner, Decastro, Green, Dotson, and Moore. I think he is going to build them as a 5 man group and try to build chemistry in them much like the Red Army line of the 90's Redwings. No camp battles, no proving you deserve to be there. Just practice day in and day out for them. Depth will be sorted out but they will be the main unit.

• Like Like x 3
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Hawkins wasn't resigned. Haeg,collins, coward, coyle, watson, finney, hassenauer, okrafor, jones, leglue.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah Mac the moment I typed it I was like is he even still with the team. The point being if it is a full rebuild of the line might as well get the guys you want and throw them in the deep end.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If Dan Moore Jr can somehow win the Right Tackle job should Banner be unable to participate by the time the Regular Season rolls around, that will be quite an accomplishment given the fact that Moore Jr is supposed to red shirt this season. In addition, that also means that Banner could likely be gone by 2022 as starting out the season on IR is not an ideal way to send the message that one is the long term answer to the Right Tackle spot. That said, given the fact that he was injured in September of 2020, I would not be surprised, never mind shocked, to see him back to his old self come Training Camp as he should be healed up fully by that point.

Of the ACL Injuries we had last year, Devin Bush Jr is the one that has me a bit concerned and a player who is not getting as nearly enough attention. Yes, he is moving fine for now but it is still a long road for him as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    everyone harps on the o-line because we were pretty terrible last year, and they say we shld have drafted higher for an OL, I said this before in a previous post, you have to play the rookies, Kendrick Green and Dan Moore Jr., we have a bad o-line and Green and Moore are on the bench that would be wrong, play Green and Moore to determine what kind of a line its going to be, They have to be played.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I see one of the draft picks starting game #1. The other maybe by seasons end but not both out of the gate.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree thorn. the only monkey wrench being DD. only here for one more. will he get an extension? will he retire next year? will we see what cowerd has at some point just to know what we may have next or possibly someone else? i could see a few different combo's tried in preseason since they have one this year. we have brought a lot of guys in that could play and i think this year is going to be a who sticks kind of year at many positions. so many one year contract type guys. it seems like a tryout year to see what we have for down the road. i do hope we have THE 5 early and let them gel early. who can be the swiss army knife guy for them as well. chuks, banner also only have one year left on their contracts. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    how young will we go? dotson has a handful of starts. green and moore are rookies. banner has a half a game started. that is a pretty young line to put in front of an old dog at QB. that's 4 out of 5 guys with 5.5 starts between them, while you have some vet part time starters sitting the bench. this will be interesting. preseason should be fun to watch this year.

i could see klemm getting a bad rap this year with this youth but i don't think munch would fair any better considering what we have to work with, so some patience will have to be used. improvement every week is key, even if it's slight. there may even be some ugly moments. hopefully not but just sayin. the chris morgan hire should help get some of the strain off of klemm. i think these are two pretty good coaches for the situation as it stands. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    As of today, those are the five I think give us the best shot also. Hopefully these rookies step up sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They need to see what Chuks can do at LT, and Banner at RT first.

18. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Why do they need to see what Chuks can do? was there a promise made? As I guy who said wait and see on Jarvis Jones and wait and see on Dan McCullers and give him time on Dupree, I'm going to say to heck with that Chuks has shown what he has it's a known commodity let him learn to be swing tackle and put him as depth.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Well if Moore outplays him in training camp, then he might get the starting LT spot. Chuks is in the last year of his contract, that's why they need to see what he can do, if he sucks then he won't be back in 2022.

20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think Banner is still RT if he is up to par in his rehab. Tomlin doesn't take a guys job from him because of injury and Banner won the spot last season. So it is really Moore and Chuks for LT and hoping Chuks does better with the switch is wasted time in my opinion

21. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    i am not looking for these guys to start, just to be rotated in

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Put all three in, Ben needs to think he has more time.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    if you start chuks at LT they will have to pay LT money to keep him. he hasn't been able to beat out an UDFA TE turned LT since he got here. last year was out of necessity that he started at RT. swing tackle could be his spot if and i say if he can beat out cowerd, collins, moore and haeg. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I agree. I'm not sold on Chuks protecting Ben's blind side.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm looking for Green to start game 1 at center.

• Agree Agree x 1