1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

green bay game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NDsteelerfan, May 12, 2021.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was down in the south once during the winter and stopped to help a senior lady change a flat tire. While chit chatting she said “my husband and I live in Minnesota”. Then she suddenly looked perplexed and said”I don’t know why?”

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    this-is-why-ilive-where-the-air-hurts-my-face-8521494.png

This is why lol

Attached Files:

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was just talking to my wife about this theory and why I like living where I do.

Years ago I took an equity position in a bankrupt company in the Florida Alabama boarder. Spent most of 1 1/2 years at a production facility in the swamp. Palmetto bugs, looking out for crocodiles and pythons walking to work. Hurricanes. Other than February, I’m good with terra firma.

4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    My wife has an irrational belief that saying the word spider calls them out and by leaving their flattened remains to stain the walls is a warning to all of thier kind. I typically say yes dear and walk away.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No biggie 2 me.
    I don't even kill them. I just take them and put them outside.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hurricanes is the only thing that bothers me , of any of that.

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Crocodiles? Aren't they closer to the equator?

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe alligators. Wasn’t like I was dawdling long enough to get a good visualization.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto

I pretty much don’t kill critters. I’m not so fond of people. One day I was bouncing down the road in my beat up old pick up truck. Farmer friend saw me so I stopped to chat. I was higher up in the truck. My left arm was hangin out of the truck. My right arm had a 6’ rat snake wrapped around it that the neighbor couldn’t see. I was relocating it from my tractor seat to a state park. It was like a scene out of deliverance.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That thing would take you and put you outside.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I live a few hours away from GB. Been there more times than I can count. What do you want to know?

Greenbay in early October will more than likely be warm but it can be unpredictable. So come prepared for anything. That will be one of the most expensive tickets and toughest to get so you should probably buy as soon as you find tickets at a price you can handle. Plan on getting there early so you can tailgate and/or hit the beer tents.

Whoever it was that said Walleye is not good has no idea what good actually is or they have never had Walleye prepared properly. Blasphemy

Greenbay/ Sturgeon bay is fantastic for Walleye and small mouth. Also not bad for muskie. Many inland lakes in the area come October are great for muskie fishing. Depending on weather and water temps a charter boat for Lake Trout and Salmon can a blast. That time of year you can land trophy size fish. That said I typically fish Salmon in July for Kings. Brown trout really isn't my thing but they are fun to catch.

There's basically 3 airports you can fly into. Greenbay, Milwaukee, and Madison. During games it's usually easier to fly out of Milwaukee or Madison as it's an easy 2-3 hour drive from there. Car rentals could be a problem so reserve one early. I say that because the pandemic has created a nationwide rental shortage. Don't expect a pile of ubers either.

Unfortunately the Brewers end the season on a road trip so they won't be in town. Miller park tailgating is great. Maybe there's a concert in town?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Looks like this is a good year to do another away road trip. Fall in GB is about perfect timing. Also Steelers in KC again so will probably hit that one up as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Ugh, I just looked at ticket prices, I HATE that they always jack up prices for Steelers games in every stadium

14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Have to add some lemon, seasoning, or whatever floats your boat. Lake Erie has great places to fish for Walleye near Put-in-Bay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    2 years ago a friend and his his wife invited me in my wife up there and chartered a boat. We had a good time. And got our limit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What's a Limit???
    :thumbs_up:
    Just playing.
    I got in trouble about Crappie one year. I tried explaining I wasn't going 2 eat them all today.

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That reminds me of the joke about the drunk guy going the wrong way on a one way street. Officer says do you know why I pulled you over? Drunk says not a clue. This is a one way street. I was only going one way. Didn't you see the arrows? Arrows? Heck I didn't even see no Indians.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    One of my best friends actually said that to a cop, I’m only going one way :lolol:

This was back before they were tough on DWI. They told him to park it and walk home.

• Like Like x 2
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My buddies response was “I’ve been going this way for years”. I looked at him and said “yeah, that’s going to get us off”.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I swear that happened 2 me also.
    I was with a Friend and Drummer from Lichtenstein, and he Turns down a one way street in Commerce , or Sulfer Springs Texas. Can't remember which(there is a reason for that), but right in front of a Police Station...with Cops stand out there.
    They wave us down. I let him do all the talking, and I just nodded.
    After he pulls out this big old Lichtenstein Drivers license...they just smile told him 2 turn around, and pointed us in the right direction.
    I never spoke, and they just left me alone.
    1st time Police, that I didn't personally know were nice 2 me. LoL.
    At that time the Prince of Lichtenstein owned more land around there then his whole country is the size of.

• Like Like x 1
  21. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    All good info, thanks! We are planning to drive there. Our daughter just graduated from UW Madison, so having made that trip many times, the drive doesn't bother us. The tickets are gonna be expensive for sure, and if I had some extra time, I would bring my muskie gear and go fishing for sure...if you fish muskie, you know green bay

22. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Apparently, neither will Rodgers. :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    To eat, yes. Excellent. For shear brawling on light tackle, I prefer Smallmouth Bass. There are several wadeable creeks in W.Pa. where throwing topwater buzzers for them is really entertaining summertime fun. You'll miss a few, but it's a blast. I have a friend that makes a living chartering walleye trips on Lake Erie. I've been out with him a few times and I honestly get bored after a couple hours of trolling. Not judging anyone but it's not really my cup of tea. It is conducive to beer drinking, however. That's never a bad thing.

• Like Like x 1
  24. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I always liked the chick from Letters to Cleo.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  25. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    There are a couple of different native Gar to Pa. AFAIC, they're a PITA. Difficult to hook....kind of like fishing for bass in a lake polluted with stunted pan fish if your're using live bait.

• Like Like x 1