1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you trade for Deshaun?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelHack, May 2, 2021.

1. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Many are predicting he doesn't play in 2021

I just spent an hour reading through court docs

Not big OJ most of the 22 people being "Jane Doe" You have a right to know your accuser.

But for the sake of argument.... let's say all of it is 100% true.

(For those that have not read all the documents...he really wants to get at least a handy....he wants his inner anus massaged....he coerced one woman into oral....he often paid less than agreed when he did not get what he wanted.....overall.... very creepy behavior..multiple reports of him "finishing" ..which honestly without direct stimulation seems "psychologically interesting"... but was never directly violent)

So I say this thinking before this is all said and done....all of these either get settled out of court...or he clears his name in court.

The Texans can no longer ask for the moon to trade him. Nor can they expect him to just show up and be the choir boy face of the franchise.

The Steelers are used to NFL fans attacking their QB with sexual assault allegations. .so its not like they have not had to reinvent someones public persona before.

So my questions are

1) wouldn you trade for him?

2) what would you trade for him?

3) when would you trade for him?

My answer

1) YES. If AB is still playing then Watson will play again...and the beauty is the Texans will be stuck with most of that 70+ million signing bonus

2) I would offer a condional 2023 pick since I do not even know if he will play next year. A 7th if he gets kicked out of league. 5th to make roster...a 3rd to be the starter for 17 games...a 2nd if they win the Super Bowl.

3) As soon as possible. His value is just a shade above ZERO right now...he is the very definition of a scratch off lottery ticket. Might be worth $500... might be throwing $1 in the garbage.... but the longer you wait.. the price starts going up again

Would the Texans do it? You would need to move some $ around if he did not get suspended... but they can make numbers work with more creative bookkeeping.

What do you think his trade value is at this moment?

Just a little topic for discussion

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I would not if true. Never mind him being convicted if true but even if he is not, he will be suspended for an immense length of time via the Commissioners Exempt List. That however is just the beginning of reasons why I do not believe that no team will be major players for him; the Steelers doubly so.

For one, he is going to command at least 2 1st Rounders as I doubt Houston is going to give him away. For two, that cap hit is immense; our own incoming contracts making this difficult. Most importantly, for three, Pittsburgh has their sights set on the 2022 QB already despite not picking from either Colleges like Georgia or Auburn.

Bo Nix, JT Daniels and likely Sam Howell are in play for 2022 should any be within striking distance for the team. If not, I doubt these three will be the only ones Pittsburgh is looking for.

3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Deja vu all over again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hell no.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Guess I missed it the first time.

But I disagree with Houston wanting 2 #1s. That was his value pre trouble. That's my whole point... his value at this point has got to be low.

But like the stock market.... when do the Texans sell?

HACK

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    No no no no no no no.

Did I mention No?

8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Watson was talked about a lot before the allegations of his sins became public. Back then it was like TJ Watt and 3 1st round picks for Watson. I am sure the thread was still going when the allegations popped.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You had my no here

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Ok..i do remember saying no in that thread..... but at bargain basement prices I am very interested

HACK

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I don't know if the lockerroom is up for embracing freaky deaky-ness hahahaha. Not interested... People that throw money around like that for certain favors ain't right in the head in my opinion.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Haven’t been following it but from what you wrote, dude was getting his freak on.

I think your question is moot. I think Mcnair will ruin his career on purpose, he wont be a FA until he’s 30. So he either plays for them or sits out and doesnt get paid until he’s 30.

I think McNair is fine with either option.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Officially he was paying for a massage. James Harrsison spent 1 mill a year taking care if his body..... that seems crazier than $100 for a massage and an finger in the hiney. Lol

HACK

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    How do you exactly ask for that btw? lol

Watson-"I seem to be carrying some tension in my inner anal wall."

Masseuse- "Yeah, it's called a sphincter muscle."

Watson- "Oh, that's very interesting. Well, you hit all my other muscles, only one to go and we're done."

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Nope. Way too much baggage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I was on board with trading for Watson.

Now I am opposed to it.

I'm not sure how much validity there is to the allegations against him. But I like my Steelers drama free.

17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Nah...Even if he's found " innocent " nah... That's like Big Ben...He's our QB and you kind of go with it but...If Ben was on another team...And said team wanted to trade him to us, after his allegations...Nah...That might sound hypocritical but, I don't want somebody elses Trash

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Too much baggage. He is a supreme talent but I don’t want him on my team. It would be a constant distraction.

19. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016

Robert Kraft would know.

20. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    No, no way.

No matter if he is criminally culpable or not, he's really skeevy.

21. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

Evidently this way
    "Watson asked the plaintiff to "go deeper" into his buttocks"

"Watson eventually got specific and said he wanted her to work on his inner anus"

"After pressuring her to massage his buttocks, Watson told her to "get in there" and demanded the woman put her fingers on his anus."

HACK

22. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Hack I was good reading your posts until you said "finger in his heiny" That was just painful to read and kind of made me pucker up. :) I'm going to have to take two shots of whiskey before bed tonight! LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  23. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Oh, so he went for a prostate exam?

24. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    interesting place to get one!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelHack